Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DotA 2 Smalltalk

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DotA 2 Smalltalk 213 posts - page 18 of 22
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » May 30, 2016 3:56am | Report
A 5 core strat, ironically benefits you if the game goes late.

Omni, with his ulti bolsters your 4 core team to beyond the levels of a 5 core team. Picking a late game impact support shouldn't be a problem then.

I cant see if what you are meaning to say is really the case with lower brackets
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » May 30, 2016 4:06am | Report

A 5 core strat, ironically benefits you if the game goes late.

Omni, with his ulti bolsters your 4 core team to beyond the levels of a 5 core team. Picking a late game impact support shouldn't be a problem then.

I cant see if what you are meaning to say is really the case with lower brackets

Picking a late game impact support is never a problem indeed. The 5 core strat, however, only works in lower levels, and even so not always, since all you have to do is to have some deathballers/gankers and you're screwed, you get dizimated before you reach that late state. All because you don't have someone to place vision for you or buy detection. There's nothing more sad than that...

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 30, 2016 4:07am | Report
The problem of constant 5 core team is theoretical and doesn't exist in reality, because not everyone is doing what I advocated for. On contary, a lot of people think like you ChiChi and would prefer to pick a support "for the greater good". So you will almost always end up with a support or even two, but from my experience they are more of a nuisance than a real help most of the time(hello 1x pulls or pulls when the lane is under tower or aggroing the wave when "zoning" so they lose all of their hp and stack 2 ranged creep on out side or standing behind me and leeching exp or sdbvyuwer9b4r7923gtr4 JUST LEAVE THE LANE AND LET ME SOLO PLS).

Anyway, if you are playing in a solo lane the problem of 5 cores shouldn't bother you too much because you are independent on your supports ad you can outplay your opponents and snowball to the point you alone will secure more space for your team than any of your supports.

At least that was my experience when I climbed through 2500-3500 bracket.

@Kyfoid

What I'm saying is that there is reason to try and play properly in the bracket where people don't know basics, you just go some solo lane, rape it and don't even care about the rest of the team because people at <3k5 can't respond t one of their core lanes being thrashed to pieces by a lone hero and they are really bad at recovering from that or preventing that.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » May 30, 2016 4:27am | Report
Ahahah the staying there leeching XP is really a huge problem, and I don't know much support players that realize that, they are usually baffled when you try to explain "go do something I need my levels thank you". I know your pain.

I did encounter 5 core teams much more than I wanted to, but you're right, it's not very often. And your approach clearly worked/works sometimes. Still, the price you pay... Your soul ;_;

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » May 30, 2016 4:49am | Report
Point of matter is if you realize a person is getting vulnerable to a gank, you stay idle near his lane outside exp zone, he gets ganked; you save him and he realizes the value of your work.

If he doesn't, he pushes the lane and then you join in taking tower!
Otherwise you go back to doing support things. I cant agree with you more in the fact that you need to be like 5k (exaggeration)in a 2k bracket to play support, but modulating the behavior of a 5k support player makes you a better player! And so much better player! Playing support is so rewarding in the realms of mechanics and it makes you a better carry. Your pain stems from the fact that you could have done it better, but there is none other support that could match you.

Think about it.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 30, 2016 7:15am | Report
If you realize a person is vulnerable to a gank you carry a TP and pull the lane not just stand somewhere doing nothing.

You don't need any special 5k talent to play support well in low brackets, just most basic cour+wards+not leeching exp and making **** pulls means you play support better than 99% of people in that bracket(this is uncommon in 4k too).

The problem is you can't really apply stuff you learned from high mmr players and guides because dota in low bracket is completely different. To keep a lane in place your carry must have at least basic skills of keeping the wave in place. Same with zoning some offlaner on lvl1. Same with filling up Bottle or giving an obs/sentry to your mid or offlaner. Same with 52979 other things that mid-high MMR supports do in order to be efficient.

When you're much higher skill than everybody you don't play support if you want to climb, it's that simple. There's a reason why even the most dedicated pro supports usually play cores and pretty much everybody plays cores if they are 7k in some 5k avg game.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » May 30, 2016 9:17am | Report
I am talking about mod game where carries yend to think their lane phase is not over and farm their life away without map awareness. You need to babysit them. They dont keep lane equilibrium and push lanes, join them!
My advice maybe out of place for high bracket stuff, but you do agree with me that low bracket is a different game altogether. It is unplanned , chaotic like a petri dish of weaponozed bacteria.

Thats what i like about trench. I study trench. Although i balance pro scene. I am fascinated by trench. It is basically a fresh take on Dota by everyone who's new to the game.

Typical game of carry.

Early: If you support me i outlive them maybe?
Mid: If you support me i kill them maybe
Mid late:If you support me, i will crit em maybe
Consolidation: If you support me its gg baby

Yeah i know its a youtube video. Frog's gotta eat
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 3, 2016 1:41am | Report
Meanwhile in Manila: NAVI ARE BACK BABY!

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » June 5, 2016 3:21am | Report
So what about the inhouse, there were a lot of talks how it'd be great to have one, but apparently it... still won't happen?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 5, 2016 6:01am | Report
Someone said "I'm hosting" then he didn't. I'm still available for that juicy casting.

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved