Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DotA 2 Smalltalk

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DotA 2 Smalltalk 213 posts - page 19 of 22
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » June 5, 2016 6:47am | Report
ChiChi wrote:

Someone said "I'm hosting" then he didn't. I'm still available for that juicy casting.

Your naivette is so cute.
Now dont tell me if you really were expecting a battlepass that throws arcanas as winners gift.

He is the biggest troll ever.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 5, 2016 8:53am | Report
Me? I said if I have time... sorry lol

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » June 6, 2016 11:19am | Report
I played a game yesterday where I ran a mid PA against Storm Spirit.
I had acquired an Arcane Rune, and for some reason the enemy Storm decided he wanted to use his ult, which cost 91 mana minimum to dodge my daggers.
9 mana for 91. He did this like 3 times before he decided it was easier to just give me the lane.

https://yasp.co/matches/2415727629

On a related note, PA seems to have some pretty good harass potential. I've never seen a Storm so willing to rotate out of his lane.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » June 6, 2016 12:38pm | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

I played a game yesterday where I ran a mid PA against Storm Spirit.
I had acquired an Arcane Rune, and for some reason the enemy Storm decided he wanted to use his ult, which cost 91 mana minimum to dodge my daggers.
9 mana for 91. He did this like 3 times before he decided it was easier to just give me the lane.

https://yasp.co/matches/2415727629

On a related note, PA seems to have some pretty good harass potential. I've never seen a Storm so willing to rotate out of his lane.

Mb because it's a better alternative to dying to dagger spam? You pay 91 mana for ~120-130 hp heal(more if it crits) and E stack. Then you use remnant, clear the wave and go jungle until the next wave arrives. But he apparently had a jungle Sven and AM on his team which means he basically lost already since they have 3 ultra-greedy heroes 2 of which don't do **** until they get at least 4k of networth.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 7, 2016 2:41am | Report
What do you guys think of all these Death Prophets going Veil of Discord? I don't play the hero, but I'm curious, because I thought it wasn't worth - after all, your main source of damage is physical - and yet it's the most common build in Manila now. Supposedly makes her tanky. What are your thoughts?

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » June 7, 2016 3:04am | Report
It is something of a by product of her rework, changing siphon from pure to magical.
Meaning, it can be amplified in contrast to her previous position. It is also more beneficial than aether lens and much more practical.

If only lens gave additional vision.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » June 7, 2016 5:31am | Report
Veil in and off itself is really good value, with a great build up. It will synergise with her team, and it means that she isn't as reliant on Excorsim to contribute to fights. Especially since Spirit Siphon is magical damage now, so benefits from the debuff.

It's just a good item, and DP isn't the worst builder in the world.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 7, 2016 6:02am | Report
Very interesting! I'm convinced. These next weeks are gonna be so amazing for Dota.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » June 7, 2016 9:43am | Report
Veil of Discord is just a great item since the last few patches - it's relatively cheap and easy to build, and it gives you a lot for the cost. Good bunch of stats, especially for int heroes, and the active is very effective for both farming and fighting if your team has much in the way of magic damage.

Death Prophet isn't an ideal carrier because of her ultimate, but she throws out a lot of Crypt Swarms, and the armour, right click and general statsyness (yes, thats a word now :)) are good for her. She does have other options though.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by plaq » June 7, 2016 3:05pm | Report
I would say that DP benefits greatly from veil because of her ultimate. She needs to stay alive and not get bursted wasting exor and veil adds bit of tankiness (minor) and what is crucial, makes your spirit siphon draining a lot of Health points, keepin you alive thus dealing dmg with your ulti.

Anyway! Why do you think we don't see lotsof Sven in Manila?

plaq

Notable (3)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved