Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.83b fixes and what you want 6.84 to be like

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.83b fixes and what you want 6.84 to be like 70 posts - page 6 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 19, 2015 5:27pm | Report
Honestly, with Meat Hook range so long early on now, I would like to to it's damage reduced early on as well.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » January 19, 2015 7:28pm | Report
Silencer needs a nerf.

I'm sorry. But he is just too annoying in pubs.

Nobody knows how to remove Global Silence with BKB, and nobody ever tries to focus him. Last Word and Curse of the Silent are PITA's in-lane, especially if Silencer is laning against an initiator and support. Hell, Silencer can turn your trilane into a dual lane if he targets the right heroes.

Force people to learn how to deny before they can play any games of DotA. That shouldn't even be something I request.

Omniknight's Guardian Angel and Repel need a nerfs as well. It is literally immunity to everything except spell immunity piercing spells. Combine that with Purification, and the team that has Omniknight just doesn't f*cking die.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cataclysm2146 » January 19, 2015 8:20pm | Report

Silencer needs a nerf.
Aghs Global has already been nerfed
The game is NOT balanced around pubs.

Nobody knows how to remove Global Silence with BKB,
You also have diffusal, manta, and the ever-so popular euls

and nobody ever tries to focus him.
Again, that doesn't mean he should be nerfed, no amount of nerf will prevent stupid players from being stupid

Last Word and Curse of the Silent are PITA's in-lane, especially if Silencer is laning against an initiator and support. Hell, Silencer can turn your trilane into a dual lane if he targets the right heroes.
He doesn't have infinite mana, and his spells are expensive

Force people to learn how to deny before they can play any games of DotA. That shouldn't even be something I request.
Pfft, you want valve to force players to learn to deny when new players either sit in lane doing nothing or rightclick like crazy and feed first blood?

Omniknight's Guardian Angel and Repel need a nerfs as well. It is literally immunity to everything except spell immunity piercing spells.
Perhaps you should make a Diffusal Blade

Combine that with Purification, and the team that has Omniknight just doesn't f*cking die.
He can really only keep one person alive, and if you purge him it ends his ult instantly

Cataclysm2146

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » January 19, 2015 9:25pm | Report

Silencer needs a nerf.

Nobody knows how to remove Global Silence with BKB, and nobody ever tries to focus him. Last Word and Curse of the Silent are PITA's in-lane, especially if Silencer is laning against an initiator and support. Hell, Silencer can turn your trilane into a dual lane if he targets the right heroes.

Omniknight's Guardian Angel and Repel need a nerfs as well. It is literally immunity to everything except spell immunity piercing spells. Combine that with Purification, and the team that has Omniknight just doesn't f*cking die.

i have this feeling you play position one?

also pretty much what cataclysm has said...

so many counters...

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 19, 2015 10:29pm | Report
I think a valid fix for Silencer is:
- Last Word damage reduced from 150/200/250/300 to 150/190/230/270.
-Disarm and silence durations are now 5 seconds at all levels.
- Global Silence no longer affect magic immune enemies.
- Global Silence cooldown from 130 to 120/110/100.
- Global Silence manacost from 250/375/500 to 200.
- Global Silence Aghanim Scepter buff is reverted.

Now he doesn't break so many heroes, and his lategame(and especially midgame when most bkb's are 10-8 seconds) is worse now yet he is still strong early game.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » January 19, 2015 11:25pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

I think a valid fix for Silencer is:
- Last Word damage reduced from 150/200/250/300 to 150/190/230/270.
-Disarm and silence durations are now 5 seconds at all levels.
- Global Silence no longer affect magic immune enemies.
- Global Silence cooldown from 130 to 120/110/100.
- Global Silence manacost from 250/375/500 to 200.
- Global Silence Aghanim Scepter buff is reverted.

Now he doesn't break so many heroes, and his lategame(and especially midgame when most bkb's are 10-8 seconds) is worse now yet he is still strong early game.

you just sent silencer back to the stone age with that.

he is more then useless.

atm.

he is

- mana starved.
- moves like a pregnant women with polio
- bad ls animation
- easily countered
- squishy
- niche pick

what you suggest would make him completely useless. icefrog with the agility buff was trying to move him toward semi carry but he is dependent upon kills to fill that role. if anything i see him moving towards a pos 3 with icefrog changing some things. maybe adding a slow or a mini stun to one of his abilites to make him a better at rotating. he fills a very niche pick atm.

very very niche.

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 19, 2015 11:47pm | Report
smuggels, i think hes talking about pubs, where the game is not balance and silencer gets +2 int from kills and assists left,right and center.
I fyou have bkb, you only have a chance to counter him, because if they bait it out you are silenced. I find this irksome , being the fact that Avatar is active yet you are silenced. That is the only thing i would change.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » January 19, 2015 11:55pm | Report
yea but why is it the heroes fault if you get ur BKB baited??

if u changed it to non magic piercing he would be relegated to trash tier straight away.

bkb tide? bkb sf? they all can just bkb up and rek face. being able to silence over the top is exactly what he needs.

and if u change the +2 int ur making him even more useless.

i actually think he is very balanced atm.

his negatives equal his positives. why change him?

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » January 20, 2015 12:30am | Report
You already know what Terrorblade changes I want.

Abaddon: Mist Coil damage rescaled to 90/160/230/300 and self damage to 45/80/115/150.

Alchemist: Strength gain increased to 2.4.
Agility gain increased to 1.5.
Starting agility increased by 3.
Starting armour increased to 4.

Bounty Hunter: Damage from Shadow Walk can now crit via Jinada.

Chaos Knight: Illusion damage from Phantasm reduced to 80%.
Phantasm cooldown reduced to 100 seconds.

Dark Seer: Vacuum cooldown rescaled to 30/26/22/18.

Doom: Scorched Earth now grants 15 attack speed to Doom while active.
Scorched Earth cooldown rescaled to 50/45/40/35.

Faceless Void: Chronosphere reworked.
Now completely slows units caught within it by 75%. This includes movement, animations etc. Units cannot leave the chronosphere under any means. All damage dealt within a Chronosphere that is not sourced from Void is reduced by 50%.
Chronosphere cooldown reduced to 50 seconds.
Chronosphere manacost reduced to 100/125/150.

Lone Druid: New Aghanim's Sceptre effect. Allows the bear to gain some bonuses from the Druid's stats. The bear gains:
-10 Health for every 1 strength the Druid has.
-1 armour for every 10 Agility the Druid has.
-1 base damage for every 2 Agility the Druid has.
The bear now also has 2 base mana regen.

Morphling: Base damage improved by 5.

Naga Siren: Mirror Image damage rescaled to 25/30/35/40%.

Phantom Assassin: Can now cast Blink Strike on spell immune units, however she will not get the bonus attack speed.
Coup de Grace critical chance increased to 18%.
Blur now increases Phantom Assassin's magic resistance by 4/5.5/7/8.5%.

Slark: Pounce leash duration rescaled to 1.5/2.25/3/3.75.
Essence Shift duration reduced to 15/25/35/45.

Spectre: Base HP regeneration increased to 2.5.

Techies: Removed from the game.

Tinker: Rearm channel time increased to 3/2.25/1.5.

Vengeful Spirit: Base damage reduced by 6.
Magic Missile damage rescaled to 100/160/220/280.

Weaver: Base attack time increased to 1.7.
Attack animation improved to 0.4.
Starting agility increased by 3.
Base damage reduced by 3.

Zeus: Lightning Bolt ministun removed.
Lightning Bolt true sight duration reduced to 3 seconds.
____
Items

Diffusal Blade can now be upgraded to level 3, improving its Agility bonus by 7, Intelligence bonus by 3, mana burn by 5 and refreshing the charges.

Urn of Shadows now grants 8 Strength, up from 6.

Dagon recipe cost reduced to 1000. Dagon IV and V removed. Units struck by a Dagon now have their based damage reduced by 30% for 2 seconds. Energy Burst damage rescaled to 400/550/700.

Sweeping changes to a lot of things, as well as some minor rebalancing.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 20, 2015 12:34am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

yea but why is it the heroes fault if you get ur BKB baited??

if u changed it to non magic piercing he would be relegated to trash tier straight away.

bkb tide? bkb sf? they all can just bkb up and rek face. being able to silence over the top is exactly what he needs.

and if u change the +2 int ur making him even more useless.

i actually think he is very balanced atm.

his negatives equal his positives. why change him?

ara, i am not saying plus2 int is op. I was merely pointing out the pub brokenness.
Peircing bkb is central point to him, but that is what makes him broken. You can ask for fix, but his other abilities need buff for his ulti to be nerfed to what i say.

reported terathiel for removing techies.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved