Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.83b fixes and what you want 6.84 to be like

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.83b fixes and what you want 6.84 to be like 70 posts - page 7 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 20, 2015 12:40am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

You already know what Terrorblade changes I want.

Abaddon: Mist Coil damage rescaled to 90/160/230/300 and self damage to 45/80/115/150.

Alchemist: Strength gain increased to 2.4.
Agility gain increased to 1.5.
Starting agility increased by 3.
Starting armour increased to 4.

Bounty Hunter: Damage from Shadow Walk can now crit via Jinada.

Chaos Knight: Illusion damage from Phantasm reduced to 80%.
Phantasm cooldown reduced to 100 seconds.

Dark Seer: Vacuum cooldown rescaled to 30/26/22/18.

Doom: Scorched Earth now grants 15 attack speed to Doom while active.
Scorched Earth cooldown rescaled to 50/45/40/35.

Faceless Void: Chronosphere reworked.
Now completely slows units caught within it by 75%. This includes movement, animations etc. Units cannot leave the chronosphere under any means. All damage dealt within a Chronosphere that is not sourced from Void is reduced by 50%.
Chronosphere cooldown reduced to 50 seconds.
Chronosphere manacost reduced to 100/125/150.

Lone Druid: New Aghanim's Sceptre effect. Allows the bear to gain some bonuses from the Druid's stats. The bear gains:
-10 Health for every 1 strength the Druid has.
-1 armour for every 10 Agility the Druid has.
-1 base damage for every 2 Agility the Druid has.
The bear now also has 2 base mana regen.

Morphling: Base damage improved by 5.

Naga Siren: Mirror Image damage rescaled to 25/30/35/40%.

Phantom Assassin: Can now cast Blink Strike on spell immune units, however she will not get the bonus attack speed.
Coup de Grace critical chance increased to 18%.
Blur now increases Phantom Assassin's magic resistance by 4/5.5/7/8.5%.

Slark: Pounce leash duration rescaled to 1.5/2.25/3/3.75.
Essence Shift duration reduced to 15/25/35/45.

Spectre: Base HP regeneration increased to 2.5.

Techies: Removed from the game.

Tinker: Rearm channel time increased to 3/2.25/1.5.

Vengeful Spirit: Base damage reduced by 6.
Magic Missile damage rescaled to 100/160/220/280.

Weaver: Base attack time increased to 1.7.
Attack animation improved to 0.4.
Base damage reduced by 3.

Zeus: Lightning Bolt ministun removed.
Lightning Bolt true sight duration reduced to 3 seconds.
____
Items

Diffusal Blade can now be upgraded to level 3, improving its Agility bonus by 7, Intelligence bonus by 3, mana burn by 5 and refreshing the charges.

Urn of Shadows now grants 8 Strength, up from 6.

Dagon recipe cost reduced to 1000. Dagon IV and V removed. Units struck by a Dagon now have their based damage reduced by 30% for 2 seconds. Energy Burst damage rescaled to 400/550/700.

Sweeping changes to a lot of things, as well as some minor rebalancing.

reported for removing techies.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » January 20, 2015 12:41am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

You already know what Terrorblade changes I want.

Abaddon: Mist Coil damage rescaled to 90/160/230/300 and self damage to 45/80/115/150.

Alchemist: Strength gain increased to 2.4.
Agility gain increased to 1.5.
Starting armour increased to 4.

Bounty Hunter: Damage from Shadow Walk can now crit via Jinada.

Chaos Knight: Illusion damage from Phantasm reduced to 80%.
Phantasm cooldown reduced to 100 seconds.

Dark Seer: Vacuum cooldown rescaled to 30/26/22/18.

Doom: Scorched Earth now grants 15 attack speed to Doom while active.
Scorched Earth cooldown rescaled to 50/45/40/35.

Faceless Void: Chronosphere reworked.
Now completely slows units caught within it by 75%. This includes movement, animations etc. Units cannot leave the chronosphere under any means. All damage dealt within a Chronosphere that is not sourced from Void is reduced by 50%.
Chronosphere cooldown reduced to 50 seconds.
Chronosphere manacost reduced to 100/125/150.

Lone Druid: New Aghanim's Sceptre effect. Allows the bear to gain some bonuses from the Druid's stats. The bear gains:
-10 Health for every 1 strength the Druid has.
-1 armour for every 10 Agility the Druid has.
-1 base damage for every 2 Agility the Druid has.
The bear now also has 2 base mana regen.

Morphling: Base damage improved by 5.

Naga Siren: Mirror Image damage rescaled to 25/30/35/40%.

Phantom Assassin: Can now cast Blink Strike on spell immune units, however she will not get the bonus attack speed.
Coup de Grace critical chance increased to 18%.
Blur now increases Phantom Assassin's magic resistance by 4/5.5/7/8.5%.

Slark: Pounce leash duration rescaled to 1.5/2.25/3/3.75.
Essence Shift duration reduced to 15/25/35/45.

Spectre: Base HP regeneration increased to 2.5.

Techies: Removed from the game.

Tinker: Rearm channel time increased to 3/2.25/1.5.

Vengeful Spirit: Base damage reduced by 6.
Magic Missile damage rescaled to 100/160/220/280.

Weaver: Base attack time increased to 1.7.
Attack animation improved to 0.4.
Base damage reduced by 3.

Zeus: Lightning Bolt ministun removed.
Lightning Bolt true sight duration reduced to 3 seconds.
____
Items

Diffusal Blade can now be upgraded to level 3, improving its Agility bonus by 7, Intelligence bonus by 3, mana burn by 5 and refreshing the charges.

Urn of Shadows now grants 8 Strength, up from 6.

Dagon recipe cost reduced to 1000. Dagon IV and V removed. Units struck by a Dagon now have their based damage reduced by 30% for 2 seconds. Energy Burst damage rescaled to 400/550/700.

Sweeping changes to a lot of things, as well as some minor rebalancing.

If you do that on Phantom Assassin, pub games will shake. Like earthquake. In mid-late game, where everyone has Black King Bar, and Phantom Assassin has his Battle Fury and Skull Basher, what matters is the BLINK and not the ATTACK SPEED. You can just blink and keep hitting, even if you dont get the extra AS.

I think for dagon make it to sth like this:
Energy Burst damage : 400 / 500 / 600
Reduce base damage by 30% for 4 sec.

Just IMO, IMO.

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 20, 2015 12:43am | Report

ara, i am not saying plus2 int is op. I was merely pointing out the pub brokenness.
Peircing bkb is central point to him, but that is what makes him broken. You can ask for fix, but his other abilities need buff for his ulti to be nerfed to what i say.

You still assume he is broken in pubs. He may be really good in SOME pubs.

I never ever see silencer now. And when i did it was in CM where a party was coordinating and putting together a teamfight lineup.
And his damage has never been a problem to me.
And its not like i have such a high MMR that everything is different. Its average with ~3200.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 20, 2015 1:18am | Report
Commended for removing Techies. But it can't be decently done.

A viable option however :

Techies no longer available in ranked matchmaking.

Troll/autolose heroes shouldn't be available in serious matchmaking where people play to win.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » January 20, 2015 3:22am | Report
wangyuphing wrote:

If you do that on Phantom Assassin, pub games will shake. Like earthquake. In mid-late game, where everyone has Black King Bar, and Phantom Assassin has his Battle Fury and Skull Basher, what matters is the BLINK and not the ATTACK SPEED. You can just blink and keep hitting, even if you dont get the extra AS.

I think for dagon make it to sth like this:
Energy Burst damage : 400 / 500 / 600
Reduce base damage by 30% for 4 sec.

Just IMO, IMO.

I'm not balancing around pubs. Fact of the matter is, PA is considered a weak hero at pro tier due to 1) railed by spell immunity, 2) hilariously RNG dependant, and 3) one ability is completely countered by a 5.4k dosh item. I have addressed all three of these issues to make her hopefully more viable.

And the Dagon changes were to make the item not suck hilarious balls for its cost.

Also **** Techies. **** Tinker too while I'm at it. *****es can drown in smegma.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 20, 2015 3:31am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

You still assume he is broken in pubs. He may be really good in SOME pubs.

I never ever see silencer now. And when i did it was in CM where a party was coordinating and putting together a teamfight lineup.
And his damage has never been a problem to me.
And its not like i have such a high MMR that everything is different. Its average with ~3200.

I play silencer. 1.8 to 2.3 fluctuation in in mmr and i always rek face with semi caery silencer. Go offlane spam curse and if they break it last word the sucker. I always go with 2 clarities.
Then i proceed to shivas most of the time, Buying refresher ultra late.
But currently i am experimenting with diffusal blade silencer
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 20, 2015 4:01am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

I'm not balancing around pubs. Fact of the matter is, PA is considered a weak hero at pro tier due to 1) railed by spell immunity, 2) hilariously RNG dependant, and 3) one ability is completely countered by a 5.4k dosh item. I have addressed all three of these issues to make her hopefully more viable.

And the Dagon changes were to make the item not suck hilarious balls for its cost.

Also **** Techies. **** Tinker too while I'm at it. *****es can drown in smegma.

she isnt weak at pro tier. she is an agressive carry like slark but with a later timing window and counters heroes who rely on rightclicks.
its just that its really easy to throw the game with her just by buying 1 wrong item.

also plz leave poor tinker alone, he was overnerfed as it is.
he is a bit underpicked because he isnt picked at all, but he isnt that strong now.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 20, 2015 4:28am | Report
Phantom Assassin is really strong right now in competitive. MKB doesn't matter because she's about snowballing off the early-mid game and STILL having some solid hard carry potential. MKB's don't come online before 35 minutes or more so she definitely has her timing window.

Tinker...true he already got what was coming to him (a well deserved nerf) but IMO there's still something completely broken about him, ie the fact that he can have infinite Ghost Scepter and be *permanently immune* to physical damage. Just like Black King Bar, ghost and EBlade shouldn't be able to be Rearmed, something really has to be done about that infinite ghost issue.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 20, 2015 6:15am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

you just sent silencer back to the stone age with that.

he is more then useless.

atm.

he is

- mana starved.
- moves like a pregnant women with polio
- bad ls animation
- easily countered
- squishy
- niche pick

what you suggest would make him completely useless. icefrog with the agility buff was trying to move him toward semi carry but he is dependent upon kills to fill that role. if anything i see him moving towards a pos 3 with icefrog changing some things. maybe adding a slow or a mini stun to one of his abilites to make him a better at rotating. he fills a very niche pick atm.

very very niche.

This is just textdoto, what you said applies to most supports. Besides something here is made up, such as "mana-starving"(115 mana for his E and 125 mana for Q if it is maxed, int steal and 2.5 growth, are you kidding me). His spells are extremely long ranged, so he doesn't need to be in centre, animation just doesn't matter, there are herows with animations far worse. Everything in game is "easily countered", 2/3 of heroes are squishy(btw he is not with such an armor), and as I adressed, a hero with a silence can't be a niche pick. You are just assuming everyone has Black King Bars, Lion for one is still going to cry, many heroes are.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 20, 2015 6:46am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

This is just textdoto, what you said applies to most supports. Besides something here is made up, such as "mana-starving"(115 mana for his E and 125 mana for Q if it is maxed, int steal and 2.5 growth, are you kidding me). His spells are extremely long ranged, so he doesn't need to be in centre, animation just doesn't matter, there are herows with animations far worse. Everything in game is "easily countered", 2/3 of heroes are squishy(btw he is not with such an armor), and as I adressed, a hero with a silence can't be a niche pick. You are just assuming everyone has Black King Bars, Lion for one is still going to cry, many heroes are.

still he will become utter **** if you balance him like that.
there is no reason to trash a hero who is utterly useless in midgame unless he snowballs which is not ez because he is immobile and squishy.

silencer needs much more to become viable as a carry. which is clearly what icefrog is trying to do.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved