Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.83b fixes and what you want 6.84 to be like

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.83b fixes and what you want 6.84 to be like 70 posts - page 3 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 14, 2015 12:30pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

still i dont get why you find him to be so OP. this is honestly the first time ive heard someone say it.
he is melee, he is pretty bad from behind. he farms only decently when he has maelstrom/mjollnir. he needs lvl 16 badly. why is he so special?

Very strong at any given minute of the game as long as he has farm and is not countered. He scales extremely well into late-game, tanky, and has a free Aegis every minute - not telling about competitive, but in pubs of any level he is a top tier carry - be it via Armlet-blink on lowr ratings or Arthas' build on higher ones.

Basically, Icefrog need to nerf his crits to 10%(so he is a much worse solo-killer) and his lvl 3 utli to maybe 80 cd, and he will be balanced.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by gingerino » January 14, 2015 12:30pm | Report
Idk I'd like to see even the slightest of meta shifts in order to make heroes like Chen and Enchantress more viable both in and out of competitive play. I love the concept of creep based heroes, but they end up falling off before most games are even close to being finished.

Yes, both heroes have been receiving buffs within the most recent patch(es), but both heroes still come across as somewhat lacking. Even when these heroes are at their strongest pre thirty minute mark, there is no promise that they will be capable of making any sort of significant game impact.

Maybe giving Holy Persuasion a damage bonus to creeps that scales late will make Chen more viable throughout the latter stages of the game. Possibly granting creep based heroes a sub ability similar to Howl could be the way to go. Who knows? Maybe I'm just insane and the stats on Gosu are lying to me.

gingerino

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 14, 2015 1:31pm | Report
Quoted:
but in pubs of any level he is a top tier carry

Game is balanced around competitive. At least, the major buffs/nerfs are, or the FoTMs.

Also, I am cool with someone making a mistake. But when they do it several times in the same game, you kinda take it up to yourself to talk some sense into his neurons, maybe he'll stop.

Take the Nyx Assassin from the game we played with Xyrus as an example. I called Pudge having a gem, and he died once. I told him : "Dude, stop going alone, while the Pudge has Blink Dagger and gem." He didn't say anything. 10 minutes later, he died 5 more times to the same ****. So I'm asking : "Why are you going alone like this?" Answer is :"STFU KID". Seems really good not taking advice, right? Or just being flatout braindead.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 14, 2015 1:51pm | Report
I really don't see what's OP about Wraith King. Annoying ultimate, yeah, but just see in comparison that Sven's ulti gives him triple damage for example.

WK has weak lane presence, he's a very good mid game/snowball carry with a blink/armlet but he really doesn't carry hard (purely single target and generally weak against physical damage in the late game).

Why would his crit need to be nerfed? It's his only damage steroid. Without it he essentially has the DPS on a Crystal Maiden.

If you hate him that much build a Necrobook and burn his mana.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 14, 2015 7:19pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Now what are you ideas for 6.84(that won't be implemented anyway, but who cares)?

Personally, I'd like to see some of the lackluster but otherwise fine Heroes get some Buffs so they can get back into the Competetive scene, e.g.:

Freezing Field now also applies Mute to all enemies within it's AoE

We can all agree that CM's Skillset is generally good, but there's no reason to pick her over Top Tier Supports like Vengeful Spirit, Lion, etc. who provide much more. With a large AoE Mute however, she becomes a strong pick in the right lineup.

#Inb4Bunkan

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » January 14, 2015 7:43pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

#Inb4Bunkan

i laughed so ******** ****ing hard at this.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 14, 2015 10:59pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Game is balanced around competitive. At least, the major buffs/nerfs are, or the FoTMs.

Also, I am cool with someone making a mistake. But when they do it several times in the same game, you kinda take it up to yourself to talk some sense into his neurons, maybe he'll stop.

Take the Nyx Assassin from the game we played with Xyrus as an example. I called Pudge having a gem, and he died once. I told him : "Dude, stop going alone, while the Pudge has Blink Dagger and gem." He didn't say anything. 10 minutes later, he died 5 more times to the same ****. So I'm asking : "Why are you going alone like this?" Answer is :"STFU KID". Seems really good not taking advice, right? Or just being flatout braindead.

Well, then WK players are lucky they make a ******* #4 out of him in competitive.

ANd you could tell from the very start of the game than Nyx is mb not ******ed, but cocky and arrogant(remember how he said "hope you know how to farm" to Xyrus(or to me, I don't remember)), so he likely won't take advice. You should have just forgotten him and move on, I told him about Orchid/Hex, but he wouldn't listen.

Hamstertamer wrote:

I really don't see what's OP about Wraith King. Annoying ultimate, yeah, but just see in comparison that Sven's ulti gives him triple damage for example.

WK has weak lane presence, he's a very good mid game/snowball carry with a blink/armlet but he really doesn't carry hard (purely single target and generally weak against physical damage in the late game).

Why would his crit need to be nerfed? It's his only damage steroid. Without it he essentially has the DPS on a Crystal Maiden.

If you hate him that much build a Necrobook and burn his mana.

He does actually scale really well with his passives, and the ulti let's him just disregard all of you Ghost Scepters and other ****, because you suddenly realise he has a 10 second BKB 60 minutes into a game. He can get it much later than Sven, Pa, and most ranged carries because he lives twice. No matter what you throw at him(except manaburn), he rises again and wrecks you because all of your fance counter-items are on cooldown, what a pity. Add BKB to this, and he is really scary.

Crits are nerfed to reduce his ability to snowball out of control, and gives a little worse lategame scaling, Reincarnation is nerfed because Aegic every minute is too much. He is not ridicoulosly OP, there are numerous ways to counter him, most effective are manaburn and "disable&ignore". But he has too much, nerf him a bit, and he is just fine.

And I don't hate the hero, he is my 6th most played hero with 64% wr and almost 5 KDA, I love playing the dude(btw he is 10000 times better than Skeleton King, such charisma).

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 14, 2015 11:57pm | Report
eh? Who is ARTHAS?
And what is his build?
I cant find it on Google and all i see is one hailrake build on dotafire pop-up.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 15, 2015 12:06am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Freezing Field now also applies Mute to all enemies within it's AoE

Dance is too pretty. I'm speechless I can only stand there and watch xD
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 15, 2015 12:15am | Report

eh? Who is ARTHAS?
And what is his build?
I cant find it on Google and all i see is one hailrake build on dotafire pop-up.

Arthas build=Hailrake build. He is just more known as Arthas in CIS region because on ICCUP he was known under this name and he absolutely stomped ICCUP with ridiculous winning streaks and stuff.

Basically, you get tango, stout, quell-blade, skill aura on 2nd level, and go RoB-Treads-Drums-Blademail-Radiance-Mjollnit with optional Blink and BKB, and lategame Abyssal/Refresher. Worked wonders, he climbed up to 7200 I think usinfg this build and Slark+ocassionally Ember Spirit, but he lives in Ukraine, and constantly experiences random energy shutdowns so he got very frustrated, sold his acc and abandoned the game at least for now(rip in pepperoni ulti on cd).

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved