Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Wishes for future patches

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Wishes for future patches 66 posts - page 6 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » March 31, 2016 2:09pm | Report
michimatsch wrote:

Could U tell me how Lifestealer would be affected by this?

If this is in reference to that change I proposed, well Michi, it basically gives Lifestealer immunity from BKB piercing stuns he didn't have before, like Primal Roar and Fiend's Grip as well as all bashes. It makes him less vulnerable during rage, but it preserves his ability to rage and tp out (and plus it punishes people who are idiots and try to roar him anyway). I think it's what his carrying potential needs, at least it'll make him less easily countered.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 31, 2016 2:27pm | Report
Rage is already one of the best non-ultimate skills in the entire game though, and the big selling point of Naix over other carries. Isn't it more logical to buff Naix's other skills if you want to make the hero better? His W is a mediocre steroid, and his E is a puny slow that gets purged easily, with a punishing mana cost for a hero that isn't especially smart... There's lots of room for buffs on these two skills. And/or his stats, base armor, base damage, BAT...
Not to say that I don't like Naix being immune to BKB-piercing disables and even bashes. But...feels like buffing a God-tier skill to Uber-God tier :)

Arc Warden...buffing his base damage even by ~5 makes the hero overpowered, as an AW picker I can tell you this for sure. You don't want him to get free last hits in lane and come out with a 5 minute midas in every game. The fact that it's so tedious to last hit with this hero in lane is the main thing that keeps him 'balanced'. Otherwise he just balls out of control and there's nothing you can do about it : there's no way to shut down an AW after he gets his midas.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » March 31, 2016 3:57pm | Report
Lifestealer is an interesting place at the moment...some of you might remember when he used to be a pretty frequent pickup and Open Wounds had to be nerfed because it was such a good trilane skill. I'm not against giving him a little more, especially in the areas Hamster suggested. I'd kinda like to get rid of the ridiculous Ancient control though, it's pretty BS trying to deal with a magic immune taxi with massive HP in the early-mid game.

Arc Warden...hard to say...he's such a chalk and cheese hero. I'd agree with the Divine Rapier nerf though, his late game ratting power is very not-fun.

Have to reserve a special notch on the nerf bat for the current Invoker though, that hero is ridiculous in reasonably skilled hands. He's basically got everything if you're quick enough to keep cycling your skills - stuns, move speed, damage, invis, ganking power, global nuke, regen, utility - plus he's a strong laner. About his only weakness is level dependency.

His adaptability is kind of the nature of the hero, so I'd maybe like to see something a bit unconventional for his nerf - something like reducing his basic attack range so he has a harder time laning, and can't just sit back safely last hitting and levelling up. Open to suggestions though.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 31, 2016 4:28pm | Report
Sando wrote:

I'd kinda like to get rid of the ridiculous Ancient control though, it's pretty BS trying to deal with a magic immune taxi with massive HP in the early-mid game.

I agree that something has to be done here, but I'm not sure what.

There's a positive aspect to it though, which is the fact that naix is far less team dependent than he used to be. Before he has to infest teammates with blink daggers or similar, this was the only way to play the hero. Now he can run around in ancients and look for solo pickoffs.

I still think that Naix shouldn't be able to farm creeps while inside an ancient. That whole dragon spamming fire breath on creep waves idea is pretty silly. Using ancients as taxis is fine. But taxis are about moving, not shooting fireballs.

Sando wrote:

Arc Warden...hard to say...he's such a chalk and cheese hero. I'd agree with the Divine Rapier nerf though, his late game ratting power is very not-fun.

C'mon, 10-slotted Arc Warden with Refresher Orb in stash and 3 rapiras dropped in fountain just to make clones? Best. Hero. Ever. If a man can't enjoy the simple things in life such as gnawing on Cheese and buildings, where is the world going :)

No but seriously :

- When the Tempest Double is killed by a hero while he is holding Divine Rapiers, he now drops Arc Rapiers. Arc rapiers give 322 damage like normal rapiers, but only last for 3 minutes after which they are destroyed. They are also destroyed when the hero holding them dies. If the Tempest Double expires or is killed by a non-hero source, no arc rapiers are dropped.

Sando wrote:

Have to reserve a special notch on the nerf bat for the current Invoker though, that hero is ridiculous in reasonably skilled hands. He's basically got everything if you're quick enough to keep cycling your skills - stuns, move speed, damage, invis, ganking power, global nuke, regen, utility - plus he's a strong laner. About his only weakness is level dependency.

He's not even that level dependent anymore. He got 3 free levels from his aghs, and one free level from the patch itself. He peaks at level 16 like almost every other mid hero. Level 16 which he gets faster than every other mid hero because unfair lane dominance, sunstrike giving XP, and several built-in farming skills.
I think people don't realize the level of nerf he needs. Losing 1 armor and 2 strength? Sounds like Icefrog's idea of a troll.

Sando wrote:

His adaptability is kind of the nature of the hero, so I'd maybe like to see something a bit unconventional for his nerf - something like reducing his basic attack range so he has a harder time laning, and can't just sit back safely last hitting and levelling up. Open to suggestions though.

Why not actually. I kind of like the idea of a range nerf. Added to a major nerf to tornado, blast and/or his aghs that is.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » March 31, 2016 6:36pm | Report
Why not change Invoker's ags? Instead of the 3 free levels, it now gives the AOE Deafening Blast in addition to the cooldown reductions it normally gave. It's still a valuable pick-up, it's just not as absurd as it used to be.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 31, 2016 8:26pm | Report
invoker's agh's should reduce his cooldowns and nothing else.

like the cd of the other abilities.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » March 31, 2016 8:42pm | Report
i wish for a new hero. not pit lord.

something new.

pls volvo make it happen!!

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 31, 2016 9:00pm | Report
Take something from the winners of the FoC's!! kyfrog pls

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » March 31, 2016 9:45pm | Report
I hope Lifestealer gets buffed so he can become a viable pick and a hero that doesn't need an ancient or a Spirit Breaker to move around the map looking for pickoffs.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 1, 2016 12:14am | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

Why not change Invoker's ags? Instead of the 3 free levels, it now gives the AOE Deafening Blast in addition to the cooldown reductions it normally gave. It's still a valuable pick-up, it's just not as absurd as it used to be.

That's a pretty good idea. His Aghs needs a nerf for sure. However, if you remove the level 25 requiement it would give him the OP Deafening Blast at the 15 minute mark. That's very, very early. Right now, you can still hope to win teamfights against Invoker before 35 minutes when he hits level 25.
I'd still keep the max level orb requirement on top of requiring aghs.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved