Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Wishes for future patches

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Wishes for future patches 66 posts - page 4 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » March 28, 2016 4:05pm | Report
Or lower his mana costs some so he doesn't go through his entire mana pool in a single gank/save. But making Soul Catcher more reliable would help a tonne.

Since right now he's just an inferior save/set-up hero. You've got Bane, OD, Dazzle, Tusk and Oracle who can do elements of all this better than he can whilst bring more onto the table.

Lower mana costs means he can be more active more often, which means he has a somewhat defined niche again. Not that highly prioritised I think because Tusk still does a lot of stuff better, but whilst Ursa and Sven and the like are good SD should be a good hero again.

I'm waiting to see what the Kunkka buffs are this time. And whether Icefrog breaks Torrent or Tidebringer next. My money is on the former.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » March 28, 2016 4:51pm | Report
What about make Zeus Aghs upgrade great? Right now it's one of the worst (or maybe the worst) Aghs in the game.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » March 28, 2016 9:03pm | Report
Zeus doesn't need a buff, I don't think, plus the Aghanim's Scepter is more of a steam-rolling situational item anyways: get it really early and it doubles your damage output, but it falls off the later the game goes.

I don't think the hero needs a nerf either. Maybe something minor to stop pubs from spamming him, but even then I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » March 28, 2016 9:22pm | Report
Zeus nerf?
Increase manacost and reduce range. There, all done.
For the new patch, Icefrog should either give us a few reworks or a new hero which wasn't there in wc3 DOTA either along with pit Lord obviously.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » March 29, 2016 1:17am | Report
Srsly my only wish is that he somewhow manages to nerf od in a way that he doesn't become bad.
But this is obviously a bit hard right now.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » March 29, 2016 2:15am | Report
The HORDE is coming you plebs. Stop whining and wait for 687(78)

and thank me later.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » March 29, 2016 5:22am | Report
michimatsch wrote:

Just make Soul Catcher a targeting spell or a skillshot and tadaa! YOu have yourself a often-picked hero. That being said this hero isn't meant to be a pub hero...

Something like this, and he will start getting picked.

However, you have to be careful cos this stuff can easily OP at Pro Level. I'd suggest something like:

Soul Catcher will automatically prioritise any enemy hero under the effect of Disruption. However, you lose 5% damage amplification per potential target in the AOE of the spell, up to half the total amplifcation.

The wording is horrible, but basically:

- Auto-hit an enemy hero who's disrupted.
- Lose 5% amplification for every other enemy/neutral unit in the AOE (i.e. 50% -> 45% -> 40% etc)
- Up to a maximum of half the amplification you'd get at this level can be lost
- I.e. level 4 Soul Catcher with lots of potential targets in the AOE would give 25% amplification. With only 1 target (disrupted or not) it would still give 50%.

This would make it a much more reliable skill, but as an opponent you can still somewhat counter it by standing near multiple friendly units.

The alternative would be to shrink the AOE...but this just makes it more reliable (and potentially OP) without diminishing it's effectiveness.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 29, 2016 5:29am | Report
Disruption now freezes the target's cooldowns during the 2.5 second banish time if cast on an enemy.

IMO the best way to make the hero not useless against some specific matchups that he just can't deal with. Essentially all the low-cooldown blinkers that can kite SD as much as they want, because right now disrupting them just lets them wait for their blink cooldown so it does nothing.

Get rekt Anti-Mage, get rekt Weaver :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » March 29, 2016 8:08am | Report
Sando I like your idea. And don't worry, we are used to missleading descriptions and horrible wording, I mean we are playing dota after all. That being said I don't think that this hero will be changed in the near future.

@Hamstertamer
It's simply amazing how much you despise mobility. XD

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » March 29, 2016 8:27am | Report
Maybe is because mobility is super important in every hero? Heroes with high mobility like Ember Spirit are really hard to deal with

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved