Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Wishes for future patches

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Wishes for future patches 66 posts - page 2 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » March 26, 2016 2:55pm | Report
Sorry for the double post, but a nerf to Monkey King Bar? Da fuq? That will make PA even less playable, with the dmg reduction from the last patch I think it was enough.
Also, it will be good if after you have Diffusal Blade lvl 2 you can recharge the charges by buying the recipe again. And what about Bloodstone, anyone else feels like it's a really bad item rigth now?

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » March 26, 2016 3:09pm | Report
A nerf to mkb is more a buff to pa since only the lategame carry will buy it when he is really forced to get it. Now I buy it on a qop or on spectre or on terrorblade etc. All heroes that don't benefit from the item but it is still way too good to not buy it against a pa.

If the item is actually **** and just needed against heroes like pa she will have a better time in games since people won't rush it and when they do it will be more of a waste for them.

And mkb isn't the biggest damage source on pa. Now it is because it is simply the best rightclick item in the game, once it used to be abysall blade, buterfly, battlefury, Desolator, etc. Mkb needs to be a situational item and not a core!

To make sure we are on the same level, I wan't to play pa again too, just like you, and I think that nerfing mkb may be really good, togheter with a Silver Edge nerf, since that item is way to good.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » March 26, 2016 3:47pm | Report
I feel like if Monkey King Bar is nerfed any further, it needs to be something like this:

MKB now builds from Demon Edge, one Javelin, and a Quarterstaff.

Provides:

True Strike
+51 damage
25% chance to mini-bash for 90 damage.
+10 attack speed.

Still not so cheap that a non-core will look to buy it, but now it's an item you get for True Strike, not damage. I feel like nerfing it any further and keeping it the same price would make it tremendously underpowered.

On a semi-related note, and I'm sure this has been mentioned in another thread: Daedalus is now the item to get on PA for raw damage, no? +81 damage that can all be crit on, and the crits don't override each other, so you still get a significant DPS increase.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » March 26, 2016 6:24pm | Report
Can we please just reduce Divine Rapier damage to 322 already?

Now as for PA, why not make a Manta Style stats build more viable on her through a buff or something? Aside from any potential rework we discussed in the other threads. I still like active Blur and resetting cooldowns.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » March 26, 2016 6:36pm | Report
Someone else thinks Desolator needs a buff? Rigth now I think the item is really underpowered, since if you don't get it extremely early it will get outclassed by items like Daedalus or Monkey King Bar. Also if the game goes long you will have to either sell it or get stuck with an item that it's not that great once ppl start to get a little armor in their heros. I think that maybe a +10 dmg increase or maybe an extra point or two of armor reduction, I don't know maybe that's just me. For the moment I'm going to stick to Crystalys and Skull Basher if I'm going for dmg items.
Also, how about some buffs to Sange and Yasha, the item has get several nerfs in the last patches and while I like it a lot I feel like it needs some buffs, maybe extra stats or a little dmg increase.

Edit: Nerf Earth Spirit into oblivion!!!!!!!

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » March 26, 2016 6:58pm | Report
Deso is meant to be outclassed as a damage item by MKB and Crit; It's an early game item to which buying it locks you into a specific aim of finishing the game quickly. That is the entire point of the item, it's meant to fall off because it's significantly better early on than the other damage items, and much much cheaper.

Also if you want to nerf MKB from being the best damage item, nerf evasion items instead. It's picked up more than Crit-stick is because whilst crits look flashy, consitent damage is often better when evasion is present. And there's a lot of things that give evasion rn with barely any counters for it. If you made an utility item (Or buffed Rod of Atos) that also dealt with evasion you would see less MKB purchases, and more Crit's/Abyssals.

Technically this would still be a nerf to PA; But frankly I think trying to make her existing kit work is not the approach. The only way her current kit is good is if she has numbers that are too high, not on the merits of her as a hero. I'd rather Icefrog either made her a dedicated late game hero, or a dedicated early game hero, because rn she's a snowballer who is just terrible at both points of the game.

EDIT; As for my personal desires, I'd rather Icefrog not add any new items and such into the game, and instead fine-tune things as they are now. Because the game is in arguably the best state it has been in 2 years, and I'd rather we get that fine-tuned before new items turn up

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » March 26, 2016 9:53pm | Report
If you guys want to nerf MKB and buff Phantom Assassin/Evasion, we can just reduce the true strike from 100% to- what, say 60% or 70%.

As for suggesting an INT version of Sange and Yasha, the real question is: why is it needed? Most INT items like Eul's Scepter of Divinity, dagon, Veil of Discord, Rod of Atos, Scythe of Vyse, Force Staff, Orchid Malevolence, and Shiva's Guard have an active ability. Other INT items have powerful passives like Aether Lens, Octarine Core, and Bloodstone. INT casters won't buy a 2k gold item for mere stats if there are other things, though maybe more expensive, that give INT and a powerful ability.

What powerful passive would you give to an INT Sange and Yasha? Increasing spell damage I don't really adore, as it is quite controversial for a nuker to scale with percentages. Aether Lens itself, for around 2k gold, gave 8% spell damage (2% difference with blubbles' 'Nazaam') AND it gives additional spell range (and it is still controversial, along with Octarine Core)
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » March 27, 2016 12:16am | Report
Sp3ctr3 wrote:

Seriously? That's all Shadow Demon needs?

Yes, Demon is strong, with strong base stats, he can be a biggest threat in his strongest time, early game, and gain some momentum. With this bonus armor, he can trade hits more easily and also jungle more easily.

Sp3ctr3 wrote:

(On the Rage Rework)
Something like the Slark's ability? (don't remeber the name rigth now) Also, he gains magic inmunity if he channels what? A TP scroll? Didn't get the point, sorry.

Also, I hope Sven doesn't get nerfed into oblivion, he is one of my favorite heros and I will hate see him being destroyed and sended into trash tier along with my beloved Bloodseeker and Phantom Assassin

Think of that Rage Rework idea like the False Promise of a few patches ago, it keeps purging you throughout the duration, I guess like a really long dark pact, yeah if you wanna look at it like that. The magic immunity when he channels is entirely so that he doesn't lose his ability to rage+tp.

And Sven is fine, he's one of the most stable heroes in the game, I don't see him getting thrown into the can as long as his kiting weakness exists.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » March 27, 2016 9:51am | Report
That's really great, I know Sven and Ursa are n00b heroes, but sometimes you just need to right click people after a terrible previous game. Also, both of them are now popular among pros and that's a good thing, seen them picking your heroes is nice.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » March 27, 2016 12:18pm | Report
I have to say is let's make Shadow Fiend great again

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved