Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Has this Blink Dagger thing gone too far?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Has this Blink Dagger thing gone too far? 79 posts - page 3 of 8

Poll Question:

Blink Dagger on everyone?
Hell Yes
No - positional heroes only
No - positional and stunners only
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 23, 2015 1:11am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

when i play initiators

Tide cent enigma magnus

i always get two positioning items.

usually force and blink.

they are core on tide and mag and cent for me.

people are like "wtf" and then you initiate from 2000 units away and they go ...

"OHHHHHHH thats why"

force staff blink on tide and cent and mag are so good because the amount of times they are like his blink is on cd then boom force staff in and ravage/hoofstop/reverse pol and u win the fight.

especially crucial for playing against heroes like spectre or zues.

THIS SO MUCH.
People are always like, hurdur you get blink or for..**** THAT YOU GET BOTH.

@sando: i would say that blink is still underrated in my pubs. People still build a lot of mek on lion and SS, even though lion doesnt even have the manapool, but i often see them not even getting blink. Even though blink+force is pretty much core.

Also, what is weird about ommniknight blink? If you want weird look at morphling blink, ive seen that do work BTW.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » January 23, 2015 7:02am | Report
wangyuphing wrote:

Wait.. it hasn't sinked into my mind

You are an exceptionally strange player

lol kappa.

I do weird builds with a lot of my more mobile heroes. Grabbing Blink dagger, Force staff, Dagon, Scythe, and Aghs isn't that uncommon for me when I play QoP. High mobility, high burt, with decent control.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 23, 2015 7:49am | Report
What is better than 1 Blink?
Hmmmmmmm.....
2 BLINKS!
They stack.
You know they stack,
Most of all you wanna believe that they stack.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » January 23, 2015 7:49am | Report
2 inhouses ago I built blink and force on tide and wulf questionned me why should I get force staff.
Forcestaff ravage is I feel less predictable than a blink ravage. I also like to blink a bit closer then forcestaff into them to ravage, same goes for RP. It helps getting the perfect ravage since if you don't have the range of blink to get the perfect ravage, you hust got to calculate where to blink and to forcestaff to the right spot to ravage.
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 23, 2015 8:50am | Report
Kyphoid Tidehunter build :

2 Blink Daggers
4 Refresher Orbs.

Noobs = pwned.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » January 23, 2015 9:00am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

I am... strangely excited now. Guessing the inuendo was intentional given who you were referring to?

But since Queen of QoP of Pain's blink is on such a short cooldown anyway, a Euls would accomplish the same thing, pretty much. Blink, cast spells, Euls, come down, Shadow Strike again, and leave.

I go the whole double blink route more to confuse the enemy than anything else. Like having that one Axe blink chase you up onto a hill. Then immediately blink away so he cant cull you. While he's stuck up there till his blink is off cooldown. I'm not trying to change meta here; just love having that insane maneuverability.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 23, 2015 9:05am | Report
Tbh wouldn't trade Blink for any of items listed except Eul's and maybe Ghost. Mekansm is one of the worst items right now, 2k gold in the trash bin. Point Booster is nice... and that's about it, Blink Dagger and even Urn/Medallion provide more utility, are more useful, and will just not save your *** in ~15% of situations, but that's not such a disaster at all. Ghost Scepter also makes sense as the only heroes I would get it against so early are Phantom Assassinand Troll Warlord, and guess what, they are both in the meta now. Still, if you are an agressive support, blink will usually do more job in keeping them hungre(by killing them, yes). Eul's is nice AND provides utility, but heroes that often get it go not get blink nearly as often usually and vice-versa.

Also Blink Luna ftw, they can't roon frum us naw! http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/1/19/Luna_blink_02.mp3

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » January 23, 2015 9:06am | Report
CapnDaft wrote:

2 inhouses ago I built blink and force on tide and wulf questionned me why should I get force staff.
Forcestaff ravage is I feel less predictable than a blink ravage. I also like to blink a bit closer then forcestaff into them to ravage, same goes for RP. It helps getting the perfect ravage since if you don't have the range of blink to get the perfect ravage, you hust got to calculate where to blink and to forcestaff to the right spot to ravage.

I think there's also the fact where both Tidehunter and Magnus build kind of early Refresher Orbs. Both have some trouble with there mana pool if they want to actually use double utli. Force Staff is just a nice little buff to there mana pool as well.

That and they are heroes who generally build utility, and Force Staff is one of the best utility items. There's a lot going for the two items together, in addition to the massive amounts of mobility.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 23, 2015 9:07am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

2 Blink Daggers
4 Refresher Orbs.

Noobs = pwned.

But you told me that refreshers don't stack.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 23, 2015 9:11am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

2 Blink Daggers
4 Refresher Orbs.

Noobs = pwned.

Muhahaha, thats the power of NEW META.

actually, i wasnt kidding when i said 2 blinks do stack.
They actually do. No kappa. You can have 2 blinks with you for 2 blinks
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved