Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Has this Blink Dagger thing gone too far?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Has this Blink Dagger thing gone too far? 79 posts - page 1 of 8

Poll Question:

Blink Dagger on everyone?
Hell Yes
No - positional heroes only
No - positional and stunners only
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 22, 2015 3:25pm | Report
I think I've seen it all now - Blink Dagger Omniknight! But seriously, I think since they took the mana cost away, people have just gone Blink crazy.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great item, and an important pickup on a number of heroes, especially heroes with heavy positonal requirements ( Magnus, Earthshaker, etc), and it can be pretty useful on heroes with instant stuns like Lion, Bane et al. It's great for anti-kiting or burst like Ursa too.

BUT. I think there are heroes you shouldn't get it on. There are situations where it's not the best choice even on heroes it can work for:

1) A Mekansm - about the same price, easier to build up to +1250 heal and armour for your team in a clutch situation. What's your blink going to achieve in a team fight?

2) A Point Booster and an Urn of Shadows or Medallion of Courage when you're up against burst/invisible heroes.

3) Ghost Scepter - waaay more likely to keep you alive against strong enemy carries with space closers.

4) Eul's Scepter of Divinity - hella load of mana, and a reliable disable/purge.

The list goes on.

So, over to you...to Blink or not to Blink?
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » January 22, 2015 3:34pm | Report
Sando wrote:

I think I've seen it all now - Blink Dagger Omniknight! But seriously, I think since they took the mana cost away, people have just gone Blink crazy.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great item, and an important pickup on a number of heroes, especially heroes with heavy positonal requirements ( Magnus, Earthshaker, etc), and it can be pretty useful on heroes with instant stuns like Lion, Bane et al. It's great for anti-kiting or burst like Ursa too.

BUT. I think there are heroes you shouldn't get it on. There are situations where it's not the best choice even on heroes it can work for:

1) A Mekansm - about the same price, easier to build up to +1250 heal and armour for your team in a clutch situation. What's your blink going to achieve in a team fight?

2) A Point Booster and an Urn of Shadows or Medallion of Courage when you're up against burst/invisible heroes.

3) Ghost Scepter - waaay more likely to keep you alive against strong enemy carries with space closers.

4) Eul's Scepter of Divinity - hella load of mana, and a reliable disable/purge.

The list goes on.

So, over to you...to Blink or not to Blink?

Blink has its advantages. Like Blinking into a pile of trees to break LOS so that pesky hero that is trying to kill you can't. Helps set up ganks and improves maneuverability.

Also blink Omni is legit. Purification bombs ftw.

Mek dropped off due to the mana increase on it. So many heroes that could go into it had to skip it. So no more Viper, Razor, Centaur, and Tide mek carriers.

It's a flip between Euls and Blink. Euls gives you speed, mana, and CC while Blink gives you instant mobility into combat.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 22, 2015 3:49pm | Report
Basically every hero has a potential use for it. There are many tiers I find. I agree that getting dagger first is not always the best option, and even though it is good on a bunch of heroes, it is not for every hero.

Needed to Function Decently: Sand King, Batrider, Brewmaster, Puck, Tidehunter, Ursa, Pudge, Magnus, Meepo (requires a bunch of skill)
These heroes require it to make many of their plays.

Can wait a bit until teamfights: Earthshaker (you got a 1400 range stun, waiting a bit is acceptable), Centaur Warrunner , Enigma, Slardar, Doom
These heroes will still buy it, but crave it a bit less.

Decent some of the time: Drow Ranger, Shadow Fiend, Jakiro, Lifestealer, Sven, Bane, Wraith King
Can be used by heroes, but not really required to do well. Might also be a costly investment if things don't go right.

Very Rare Buy: Dragon Knight, Venomancer, Lich, Viper
Potential Uses, but usually, these heroes have to tank up or build other utility more than dagger.

(Almost?) Never: Chaos Knight, Anti-Mage, Faceless Void, Luna, Gyrocopter, Terrorblade.
Too item dependent to spend money on dagger and would not use it very well anyway.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 22, 2015 3:52pm | Report
Blink repel is just OP man
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » January 22, 2015 4:08pm | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Blink repel is just OP man

blink heal OP man

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 22, 2015 4:16pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

blink heal OP man

Blink grave
Blink shield
Blink bloodlust
Blink tether

Blink support so OP
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » January 22, 2015 5:42pm | Report
Blink everything, except heroes with a natural blink/escape ability, and illusion heroes.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 22, 2015 6:11pm | Report
blink is a pretty solid pickup on most heroes simply because of the monstrous amount of utility that it provides.Just the power to get into position and lay down your supporting skills in the best possible way increases the possibility of your team winning by so much.

It turns your support / initiator into a much deadlier force, being able to not become irrelevant due to his/her squishy-ness/lack of mobility.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » January 22, 2015 6:11pm | Report
Blink + Force staff new core on all heroes.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » January 22, 2015 6:47pm | Report

Blink everything, except heroes with a natural blink/escape ability, and illusion heroes.

Actually I like the Blink QoP. Use Blink Dagger to blink in and blow your load, then use her blink to escape anyone left alive.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved