Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Has this Blink Dagger thing gone too far?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Has this Blink Dagger thing gone too far? 79 posts - page 7 of 8

Poll Question:

Blink Dagger on everyone?
Hell Yes
No - positional heroes only
No - positional and stunners only
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 24, 2015 6:18am | Report
No, no, I think there's a terrible misunderstanding here.

The *whole point* on Omniknight and the reason why he's so successful in pubs is because he's a support who DOESN'T REQUIRE YOUR CORES TO HAVE A BRAIN.

Sando wrote:

is a must buy because they *might* be stupid?

Not because they *might*, but because they *are* stupid, and your job as a support is to win the game despite this fact. And this involves keeping them alive and turning around their stupid initiations.

All your cores need to do is right-click something, anything, and because there's an Omni in their team, they can't die.

If you play support by assuming that your cores have a brain, then GG, you're freaking done for.

Sando wrote:

Especially on support heroes...your job sometimes is to be a sacrifice. Sometimes you have to take one for the team. Other items can help your team mates...sometimes it's more important for them to be alive than you...

Actually, no, not really. On Omniknight or any support hero with teamfight skills, the first thing you need to do is to STAY ALIVE SO YOU CAN CAST YOUR SKILLS. If you get blown up as Omni before you can use GA, then you screwed up big time and you probably lost your team the game. It's fine dying as long as you used your skills, but before is just terrible play. It's actually better that your cores get focused, because is that case you can counter-initiate with GA or repel, but if you get focused especially with a silence you have no answer to this.

Blink doesn't delay your Aghs because you get it *after* your Aghs. You need an item that improves your tankability before you go blink. Once you have Aghs you have to sit *way back* in fights because everybody hates Omni and wants to focus him first. You GA once the initiation is started, and you blink-repel the most important damage dealer when needed.

You can't sit in the frontlines as Omni, you need to sit way back to counterinitiate with GA and then (only then) you blink in to play around with Repel, Purification and Degen Aura because it's not a big deal if you die at that point.

And let's be honest here Degen Aura is completely useless if you don't have some sort of gap closing. If you do however you can chase like nobody else and ensure no one runs away.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 24, 2015 7:29am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

The *whole point* on Omniknight and the reason why he's so successful in pubs is because he's a support who DOESN'T REQUIRE YOUR CORES TO HAVE A BRAIN.

Not because they *might*, but because they *are* stupid, and your job as a support is to win the game despite this fact. And this involves keeping them alive and turning around their stupid initiations.

All your cores need to do is right-click something, anything, and because there's an Omni in their team, they can't die.

If you play support by assuming that your cores have a brain, then GG, you're freaking done for.

Actually, no, not really. On Omniknight or any support hero with teamfight skills, the first thing you need to do is to STAY ALIVE SO YOU CAN CAST YOUR SKILLS. If you get blown up as Omni before you can use GA, then you screwed up big time and you probably lost your team the game. It's fine dying as long as you used your skills, but before is just terrible play.

Blink doesn't delay your Aghs because you get it *after* your Aghs. You need an item that improves your tankability before you go blink. Once you have Aghs you have to sit *way back* in fights because everybody hates Omni and wants to focus him first. You GA once the initiation is started, and you blink-repel the most important damage dealer when needed.

You can't sit in the frontlines as Omni, you need to sit way back to counterinitiate with GA and then (only then) you blink in to play around with Repel, Purification and Degen Aura because it's not a big deal if you die at that point.

And let's be honest here Degen Aura is completely useless if you don't have some sort of gap closing. If you do however you can chase like nobody else and ensure no one runs away.

Where should I put my signature?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » January 24, 2015 7:58am | Report
I only play positions 1-3 for that reason.

I learned a long time ago that most often, my team's core heroes don't even know how to last hit half of the time, or that you can build items out of other items.

I've learned to outfarm the rest of my team, so that I don't have to give a **** for how greedy or how much greedy the heroes are, I can just get my core and maybe a couple of luxury items and finish the game.

Sometimes, my team is really, really terrible. I once had a lion babysit me as Anti-Mage, and he'd take the last hits from me right as I was about to swing.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 24, 2015 1:51pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Y'see, I can't entirely disagree with you here, BUT I think I'll have bigger problems if my cores are so dumb they can't either:

A) Buy a BKB
B) Wait for Omni to cast a spell on them

No amount of gold can solve the fundamental problem of gross stupidity. No doubt anyone this dumb will already have lost by the time you get that much equipment, or will get you killed pointlessly trying to follow them round and save their ***.

Hamstertamer wrote:

Especially on support heroes...your job sometimes is to be a sacrifice. Sometimes you have to take one for the team. Other items can help your team mates...sometimes it's more important for them to be alive than you...

Actually, no, not really. On Omniknight or any support hero with teamfight skills, the first thing you need to do is to STAY ALIVE SO YOU CAN CAST YOUR SKILLS. If you get blown up as Omni before you can use GA, then you screwed up big time and you probably lost your team the game. It's fine dying as long as you used your skills, but before is just terrible play. It's actually better that your cores get focused, because is that case you can counter-initiate with GA or repel, but if you get focused especially with a silence you have no answer to this.

I'd agree a hero like Omni NEEDS to get off GA well - but blink is no guarantee of that - sometimes you're initiated on, think you're hidden, have invis heroes on you etc. If you have Aghs thou, your most important ability can work even if you're on the wrong side of the map, you can cast Repel before the fight...is 360 heal from Purification going to matter that much?

Hamstertamer wrote:

The guy I saw went Soul Ring - Power Treads - Blink Dagger. He was about 0-11-4.

Hamstertamer wrote:

Degen Aura isn't really that big a deal unless you have plenty of farm on Omni, and without damage/stuns - there's nothing to stop other people TP'ing or blinking away from you anyway.

Personally, I'd much rather have a whole bunch of other stuff on Omniknight - stuff that keeps you alive, gives you mana, etc
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThePipersSon » January 24, 2015 3:10pm | Report
Sando has got the point right with his Last line that too often people buy blinks when they would be better of with stat and mana,hp items this is not just the case with Omni but other supports as well. That buying items that let to use ur spells can be a team item too because ur not being a good support if u don't use ur skills in teamfights.

Having said all this remember blinks still a great item

ThePipersSon

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 24, 2015 3:14pm | Report
we got soul ring for dat.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » January 25, 2015 5:52pm | Report
Isn't that the time where Force Staff kicks in?

Mana = check

Mobility = keeps you alive = check

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 25, 2015 8:57pm | Report
Rod of Atos is stupid good on Omni people. Try it.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 25, 2015 9:19pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Rod of Atos is stupid good on Omni people. Try it.

By that ratio Mask of Madness stupid good on omniknight. Try it
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 25, 2015 10:28pm | Report

By that ratio Mask of Madness stupid good on omniknight. Try it

Gives mana, a ton of HP and a 1200 range 60% slow that allows an otherwise useless hero in ganks to set them up perfectly.

Stop the low trolling, it's not funny.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved