Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thoughts on Drow?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Thoughts on Drow? 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 22, 2015 10:11pm | Report
Soooo

merlini currently playing drow on stream and it got me thinking.

when is it a good time to play drow?

currently you have this INSANE DPS hero that loses all her DPS if you get close.

and with Axe Puck Cent and others really strong in meta atm shes basically a really situational pick. looking at DAC win/loss ratio she isnt doing that well.

builds ? do you max silence second? manta over everything?

whats the deal? she can do so much damage yet i hardly ever see her.

y no love for daria?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 22, 2015 11:36pm | Report
manta and force staff seem to be the top item picks

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 23, 2015 3:38am | Report
Well she does have this problem: like squishy heroes she is vulnerable to gap closers. And the mechanic of her ulti makes it even worse.

She needs a draft to be build around her. Well yeah she does have her aura (which is earned from her enlightenment when the holy Gaben spoke to her during the holy steam sales)and many people draft her from this.

But i think the most she needed is team that has a melee damage dealer: someone who can tank/deal the damage from the front. This so that she could deal the damage from afar.

Hey smuggles you remember the draft i suggest to you some time ago?

Example draft:

Drow Ranger
Vengeful Spirit
Ogre Magi (not sure what to add here. feel free to add your own)
Axe
Death Prophet

Deathball strat. End the game early. You also got a pusher. Sure, not many heroes there are capable of utilizing the aura, but she got the most utility out of this team. If you only consider the damage from aura, then you can just be like one of those characters in a video game that has lots of damage but 0 utility.

Now.. Gust. This is a good skill I must say, but it needs some buff. Because many heroes can just blink stun her.

My idea: Keep the knockback and make it an aoe around drow. Also, add a slow after the knockback. And keep the silence. And also, increase the cast time to that of riptide.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » February 23, 2015 4:43am | Report
Gust is a very good skill already, no need to buff it. Her ulti is what needs buffing, either decrease deactivation range or make her lose half of AGI bonus like it was before.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 23, 2015 5:08am | Report
Well it is a good skill, but she still needs turning and some cast time

But yea really good skill
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 23, 2015 6:58am | Report
Drow starts falling off after 20 minutes. If you dont have a big advantage at 25 minutes there is a VERY big chance the enemy will wreck you.

BUT, there is one thing that makes your team really strong when you have a drow. Visage!!!!! that guy starts carrying the ****ing game if he stays alive throughout fights. You dont even need the drows DPS at that point.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » February 23, 2015 10:43am | Report
Drow is not a reliable source of DPS. If you snowball, she's very effective as she rips towers to shreds.

If not, you're actually going to be spending a majority of fights running away. This is why I find she's best drafted with ranged heroes that do lots of right click and are much tankier. Visage comes to mind as we all know, and I've had a lot of success with Drow Dragon Knight (DK loves that damage). She also loves Vengeful and Force Staff carriers for being able to bail her out if enemies jump on her.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » February 23, 2015 5:45pm | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

Drow is not a reliable source of DPS. If you snowball, she's very effective as she rips towers to shreds.

If not, you're actually going to be spending a majority of fights running away. This is why I find she's best drafted with ranged heroes that do lots of right click and are much tankier. Visage comes to mind as we all know, and I've had a lot of success with Drow Dragon Knight (DK loves that damage). She also loves Vengeful and Force Staff carriers for being able to bail her out if enemies jump on her.

Tanky ranged heroes? Viper and Razor are both tanky, ranged and also mek carriers, so I think they're perfect on a team with drow.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 23, 2015 6:51pm | Report
I seriously think that drow should be played as a nature's prophet style pusher, with blink dagger and necronomicon and the elk.

My build on pusher drow would be : Blink Dagger, Necronomicon, Mask of Madness, Mjollnir, Boots of Travel and Manta Style.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 23, 2015 7:32pm | Report
that would be pretty legit since your necro archer would get the bonus damage.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved