Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

thoughts?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » thoughts? 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 7, 2014 6:08pm | Report
Another drafting thread oh NO!! haha

hey guys smuggler here ...

im with Fractis and we had a team game last night

and this was our draft

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/881006273

i honestly think we out drafted them credit goes to man of chalk for the draft (i totally had the idea for anti mage but)

i was solo offlane slark.

there defensive trilane was pretty rough with shackles into cold feet into wraith blast so i mean around 5-7 seconds of lockdown. but they were very dependent on the combo so with dark pact breaking the combo meant i was home free.
didn't get great xp but better then mirana up top.

our mid i think lost the lane giving first blood and second (he was our standin). the pudge was very good (totally weird pudge pick btw an OD would have hurt but i guess with us being so squishy he thought he could make a mark.)

AM just wrecked with free farm.

what do you all think?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » September 7, 2014 7:21pm | Report
I like the draft, looks like you planed ahead with the tinker NP bans before your splitpushing carry.

Im not sure why they didn't try for an agro tri, but I would have personally liked to see a more agressive carry on your end so you could do your own agro tri. Or even put the slark in the agro tri, and pick a different solo offlane.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 7, 2014 7:33pm | Report
You know their other Cores are bad when Pudge has the highest CS amongst them 8{3

I'm surprised Shadow Shaman + Ancient Apparition didn't rack up a few Kills Ganking Mid and Top..but tehn again, Pudge had the most CS, so what do you expect 8{3

Seriously though, you dodged a bullet Draft-wise, Anti-Mage + Rubick + Sand King is a really weak Tri-Lane, Wraith King + Shadow Shaman + Ancient Apparition should have wrecked you from minute 1. Mirana can happily break even against Slark and as for Pudge...he did get the most CS on his Team 8{3

If they'd run a competent Aggressive Tri-Lane and picked a Mid who could Free-Farm against Death Prophet while Counter-Pushing her ( Shadow Fiend, Ember Spirit, etc. ) they could have won very easily.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 7, 2014 8:01pm | Report
so you think they should have gone aggressive trilane against our defensive one and put mirana solo safelane against a solo safelane slark?

yea they picked pudge last and we were like

"are you serious?" haha

we expected an OD or an ember spirit so when they picked pudge it was a bit of a WTF moment

i think the slark pick was good with a lot of their disables being able to be dark pacted out of.

the AM was our last pick though and it just worked since they all are so mana intensive.

and ss did gank mid that was what netted them their first blood and aa and ss rotated top and got them 2nd and 3rd blood with pudge rocking up late to grab the rubick to make it 4-0 but afte that it was just easy peasy. kill after kill after kill.

too ex gg wp.

and why is our trilane weak? two reliable disables null field helping to stop magic damage and with am being able to reduce mana and spell shield stopping even more damage and then escape i felt it was quite strong.

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » September 7, 2014 8:04pm | Report
Problem with your tri-lane is taht AM doesn't have a disable, witch means that you only have about 3 seconds at level 1 to get a kill VS a mirana who has leap. If you had a carry with a stun, like sven, you get 5 seconds.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 7, 2014 8:37pm | Report
they just waited till she leaped then used telekenisis mid leap to hold and pull back then she doesnt have leap anymore and is back where she started.

takes skill but... though our rubik is pretty amazing at him.

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 7, 2014 10:41pm | Report
um wow. no mek on supports in that long of a game. did they even do the creep pulls to pull back the safe lane. That right there would of given them some gold and levels. If done right; it would even deny Slark even more much needed xp. Also very low deny rates on their supports. Never good to see that. Two ranged supports vs a melee offlaner usually would mean that they would have massive denies while he barely leeched anything.

Gonna have to watch match

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 7, 2014 11:42pm | Report
they actually did double pulls but as an offlaner most dont defend the xp range for the pull so if you come in through the river or through the side and sit in the fognear the double pull camp or just behind the trees and you can sap the Xp and if your quick you can take a couple of l/s. plus with pounce you can jump into river if need.

wasnt close after 25 mins though we just rolled from then on and i got a rampage :D

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » September 8, 2014 3:17am | Report
To be honest, their bans were pretty weird: a Silencer ban in the first stage? That usually means they're going wombo combo, so you can adjust your first picks accordingly. KotL and PL ban? What is this, 2013?

Your draft was excellent, though. I prefer the Radiant supports, but the Pudge pick kind of ruined their lineup. The rest of their team was pretty strong, but their item decisions were not: they had no Mek candidate (so they forced Shadow Shaman, a positioning-dependent support, to buy one) and their only "initiator", since neither Wraith King nor SS had a Blink, was Pudge. Ancient Apparition had no Agh's and Pudge decided to go for a Heart instead of a Cuirass/Shiva's/Vyse for some reason.

About your team, your trilane is considered "weak" because Anti-Mage doesn't have any nukes or disables, and a safe lane Sand King is supposed to jungle so he can get a fast Blink Dagger: an aggressive trilane would've probably wrecked your AM unless you rotated him top. Lastly, your Death Prophet could've bought a Mekansm straight after the Eul's (or even before) since extra armor and HP are so good on her.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 8, 2014 4:32am | Report
Don't understaind the Veil on SK. Your team didn't have that much magical damage to warrant it. Gold could of been used in other ways.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved