Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

thoughts?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » thoughts? 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 8, 2014 5:10am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

and why is our trilane weak? two reliable disables null field helping to stop magic damage and with am being able to reduce mana and spell shield stopping even more damage and then escape i felt it was quite strong.

The 1st thing you should look at in an Tri Vs. Tri Matchup is, "What can either side do at lvl1?"

On your side, you have Telekensis, which is quite strong at lvl1, considering you can not only Disable your Target, not only reposition them, but also Stun the rest of the Tr-Lane if they're Careless.

Next, you have Sand King, who has Burrow Strike, another nice Disable. It has a short Range at lvl1 and only Deals 100 Damage, but you can compensate for the Range by Chaining it into Telekenesis. This way, you can easily get about 3.67 seconds of Disable onto a Single Hero.

...and to follow it up, you have...[Anti-Mage...who has... Blink...and Right-Clicks.

Even if you have a good amount of Lock-down, your Tri-Lane is weak because it has no Damage at lvl1, even at lvl3, you're still lacking. If a Tri-Lane needs Ultimates in order to deal any sizable Damage, it is very weak indeed. Once the Stuns are on Cooldown, they can walk all over you.

Look at the other side, Wraithfire Blast, Shackles, Chilling Touch. 3.75 Seconds of Lockdown dealing 190 Damage followed up by 450 Damage on top of your standard Right-Clicks. This Tri-Lane can lock down a Hero and finish them in a few seconds.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 8, 2014 8:42am | Report
As some of the others said you kind of dodged a bullet, your trilane would have been wrecked if they went agressive, but they didnt and they pudge pick was really weird.
They had pretty much no chance since they farmed a wraith king against an anti mage.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 8, 2014 4:34pm | Report
yea so the laning was

slark solo offlane dire against aa ss and wk

pudge mid against dp

then sk rubick am against mirana offlane.

hmmm i see what you mean about the tri lane...

i still cant get over the pudge pick though like ..... wot even is that!

OK question time people

what would be the OPTIMAL laning for both teams???

slark in the trilane as farming mid game carry?

am solo safe lane

going agressive with our trilane?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 8, 2014 6:56pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

what would be the OPTIMAL laning for both teams???

slark in the trilane as farming mid game carry?

am solo safe lane

going agressive with our trilane?

For your Team, you ran the only sensible Lineup available. You can't leave an Anti-Mage to Solo, as I've already mentioned, he's weak early on, he can Blink away from trouble, but that's not going to help him get Last Hits until he starts Jungling/Split-Pushing. If you'd picked a more flexible Laner like Doom Bringer or Alchemist, you would have had options.

I think the other Team ran their best possible Lanes given their Lineup as well, Mirana can work in an Aggro Tri-Lane, but Wraith King dominates Tri Vs. Tri with Wraithfire Blast, he's Tanky enoguh to last through the fights and his Aura is useful for turning those Early Kills into an Early Tower...and even more Early Kills! (}8E

Mirana is fine in any Lane, but I'd rather give her the Safe Lane since, especially without any follow up to Sacred Arrow, she's better off getting as much CS as possible.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved