Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Small things that no one tells you.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » The Small things that no one tells you. 37 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » August 7, 2015 5:13pm | Report
You can kill couriers with Culling Blade.
You can Force Staff Homing Missile (that actually won me a game one time).

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 7, 2015 5:34pm | Report
Eul's Scepter of Divinity deals damage

Found that out in a practice bot game
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » August 7, 2015 6:10pm | Report
Level 1-3 of Rot doesn't cancel Healing Salve, Bottle, or Clarity, because it has to be an instance of 20 or more damage at a time before reductions to dispel that stuff. Refraction charges are also not burned by levels 1-3 of Rot, and the damage is taken. ( Rot deals 7/12/17/22 damage in intervals of .2 seconds)

If a Replicate illusion of a Viper who has leveled Corrosive Skin is damaged or damages the Viper, since the illusion also possesses Corrosive Skin, it will create a damage loop, dealing about 550 damage to the viper and the illusion, before the illusion expires.

Sonic Wave, Demonic Purge, and Laguna Blade with Aghanim's also one-shot couriers.

You can Assassinate a courier. It doesn't deal any damage, it only ministuns. That doesn't matter though, because it's hilarious.

One point of Armor does more the closer you are to 0 armor. Therefore, stacking lots of armor is inefficient, you should also get some HP.

Negative Armor has a cap, at 25.

Gem of True Sight and Divine Rapier cannot be attacked.

Iron Branch is the most cost-efficient item in the game.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 8, 2015 9:57pm | Report
Geomagnetic Grip's pull is slow enough that it doesn't break Flaming Lasso, effectively being able to pull a lasso'd target in via pulling the Batrider.

Regarding the Zeus discution, the best item build regardless of what you all said is Veil of Discord into Blink Dagger (or the other way around). No wacky shenanigams you posted there can match the damage output of this.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » August 14, 2015 7:07am | Report
YOU CAN WALRUS PUNCH COURIERS!
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » August 14, 2015 7:10am | Report
apaz wrote:

Iron Branch is the most cost-efficient item in the game.

six branch build only build mate
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » September 13, 2015 10:50pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Geomagnetic Grip's pull is slow enough that it doesn't break Flaming Lasso, effectively being able to pull a lasso'd target in via pulling the Batrider.

Regarding the Zeus discution, the best item build regardless of what you all said is Veil of Discord into Blink Dagger (or the other way around). No wacky shenanigams you posted there can match the damage output of this.

Finally someone with common sense that agrees to a veil build, though I prefer a FS over the blink #jedi.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved