Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Small things that no one tells you.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » The Small things that no one tells you. 37 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 5, 2015 3:46pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Ok I can understand DP, and, with a huuuge tolerance even Leshrac with Null, but getting it on Zeus is something from insta-report zone. He has a spammable skill that is completely dedicated to secure him lasthits and harass enemy at the same time and you still get a rightclick item for this gnome with one of the worst autoattacks imaginable(screw 800 range creep sniping, gotta come in on 350 range and try to lasthit with 9 bonus damage like this will prevent enemy from denying every creep, typical Xyrus core).

Pooled Tangoes and 2 Iron Branches are fine on Zeus as well. The comparison was between Null and rushing a Soul Ring by starting with it's components. It was also about being efficient with your Mana...not securing Last Hits with right-clicks...

Please Dimony, learn to read context. 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » August 5, 2015 3:54pm | Report
I don't like null zeus, but casual bracer zeus is something that I like, personally.
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 5, 2015 5:00pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Pooled Tangoes and 2 Iron Branches are fine on Zeus as well. The comparison was between Null and rushing a Soul Ring by starting with it's components. It was also about being efficient with your Mana...not securing Last Hits with right-clicks...

Please Dimony, learn to read context. 8{3

What context, friend Xyrus? 8{? Zeus spams a 65 manacost nuke every second and a half, you can't be mana efficient with that hero even with 6 Null Talismans. And I don't see how paying 470 gold(more than half of Sould Ring and 2/3 of Bottle) is mana efficient. Even the though of getting Null on a hero who never uses his autoattack to do harm to enemy heroes in the first place just blows my mind. Sorry Xyrus your non-BKB strats and mana-efficient nulls are too next gen for me. 8{(

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 5, 2015 5:53pm | Report
I understand the high base damage build on lesh, but zeus......
As said he is not about getting lasthits with rightclicks because his short range puts you in range of harassment.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 6, 2015 11:45am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

What context, friend Xyrus? 8{? Zeus spams a 65 manacost nuke every second and a half, you can't be mana efficient with that hero even with 6 Null Talismans.

The post was about why starting with Null Talisman is better than starting with Soul Ring components. It's not suggesting that you should start with Null Talisman on Zeus. It is directed at people who still start out with Sage's Mask and Soul Ring Recipes on Heroes like Techies, Zeus, etc.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 6, 2015 3:07pm | Report
Who starts with soul ring on zeus?
Its just a really weird way of saying it.
Oh yea guys dont get sould ring recepy instead get null, oh wait dont do that... WutFace?

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 6, 2015 3:11pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Who starts with soul ring on zeus?
Its just a really weird way of saying it.
Oh yea guys dont get sould ring recepy instead get null, oh wait dont do that... WutFace?

It makes sense to an experienced player, but it is one of those things that no one tells new players, isn't it? 8{3

Believe it or not, sub3k players will in fact start with Soul Ring components.

P.S. Now that that's done with, Nugget #5 pls! 8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » August 6, 2015 4:39pm | Report
Ehhh, null builds to a veil later on, its called effective purchasing => circlet, mantle, tango, clarity x2 = ez bugatti. Better than rushing a bottle with 2 branches, but that's personal preference.

Oh sorry I forgot veil isn't an item on list of people going aghs 1st on zeus ( DO NOT GO AGHS 1ST ON ZEUS, EVER!!!)
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » August 6, 2015 5:46pm | Report
I do go for aghs first on zeus. Here's the catch. 11 min aghs after i already had arc boots, soul ring and null.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 6, 2015 5:56pm | Report
Riiiight. If anything, Aghs should be bought exactly first on Zeus when you had a good start and can get it fairly early, it is the best item to rush on Zeus if you are ahead.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved