Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Nerf Game Episode 1

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » The Nerf Game Episode 1 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » July 3, 2015 3:31am | Report
masaaki14 wrote:

Smuggels, a well positioned fissure can block enemy movement for up to 8 seconds. That is way too strong, on the level of a perfect mirana arrow, but takes a little less skill to pull it off.

not really....

to completely block movement you will need to bottle neck them THEN also block them with your hero...
99% of the time at best a fissure will just block off one avenue of pathing. so "blocking enemy movement" is 100% false.

little less skill? you dont only need to time it correctly you also need the perfect Environment.

middle of the river? yea na. jungle? maybe. in a choke point with timing it perfect and then being able to block them off quick enough with your hero? so rare.

the cons make up for the pro's. its a strong skill but it requires to many situational aspects for it to need a nerf in my opinion.

if you get blocked off for 8 seconds then you kinda need to look at your positioning more so then his skill.

Safecyn wrote:

Hero: Gyrocopter

Skill: Rocket Barrage

Nerf: Gyrocopter's base move speed reduced from 315 to 305.

Makes him work harder for his ridonk-atronk magical insta-death nuke. :D

i actually like this. means his lvl one strength is reduced which is needed.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 3, 2015 3:58am | Report
Blocking just one path is usually enough to get first blood on enemy team in my experience

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » July 3, 2015 5:45am | Report
so block them from running one direction and you kill them? or is there more then just you involved? maybe your team as well? so its fissure "and" other skills/heroes?

but then again maybe im biased :P hes one of my fav heroes and hes finally being able to be played in the solo offlane so im super happy haha :D

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 3, 2015 6:14am | Report
Maybe that is the case, there are always multiple variables involved, that i agree. ES in solo offlane is quite the unique addition. That is what i love about dota.

btw, it has been a long time since asked you for the video, is it done yet?

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » July 3, 2015 6:49am | Report
I think gyro's rocket barrage is fine now ,it got nerfed from 330 dmg to 240 dmg at lvl 1, which was the only problem I had with the skill (it's also worse at lvls 2-3, same at 4).

I think Blood Rite has way too huge aoe. It just destroys fights. It's basiclly a gyro ulti that doesn't slow, but it silences. You can buy BKB's, or euls but you don't really want to use them for blood rite but it forces you to do use it.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 3, 2015 7:03am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

Fissure
why is it too strong? it takes over half his mana pool meaning he cant cast it again at level 1.

No, see, that's the core of the problem. He CAN cast it twice at level 1 and secure an easy first blood with double fissure. He just has to get a quick sip on a Clarity for about 30 mana. And he can do it as much as he wants since his starting build is just to stack clarities and mangoes. Double 8 second path block at level 1...OP

Juts for reminder my nerf was :
- Fissure mana cost rescaled from 125/140/155/170 to 145/155/165/175
- Fissure cooldown increased from 15 to 20

@Terathiel : Yes, Shackleshot is OP as a skill, but then Windranger has pretty much no other skill. So it's not more OP than Teleportation, Take Aim or Doom...when a hero has only one skill it's normal to make it pretty good.

But I'm going to do something else, which I think is the biggest imbalance in this patch by far. And contrarily to some stuff I see, I have no qualms about nerfing stuff HARD when it deserves it.

Glimmer Cape

- Cooldown increased from 16 to 25 seconds
- Cast range reduced from 900 to 550 (yes, 550, I'm serious)
- No longer builds from Cloak. Now builds from Shadow Amulet and a 550 gold recipe. No longer gives 20% magic resistance to holder.
- Invisibility duration increased to 8 seconds. Magic resistance duration reduced to 4 seconds.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » July 3, 2015 8:58am | Report
Techies Land Mines delay from 0.5 seconds to 1.5 seconds(or what it was before it's change). Basically revert the change, maybe even increase delay further.

Why: you thought laning solo vs Dark Seer as a melee carry was frustrating? Try laning against Techies.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 3, 2015 9:07am | Report
^ Well it would be OP if it was on any decent hero, but Techies was a trash tier hero (still is) so it's normal that he gets some buffs.
Like in 6.83 you could just freefarm against a Techies offlane. Like how to play against Techies : pick Spectre, freefarm the lane, GG. Normal that he gets some decent lane presence.

BTW if you want to nerf Techies remove the respawn time reduction on suicide.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » July 3, 2015 9:37am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

^ Well it would be OP if it was on any decent hero, but Techies was a trash tier hero (still is) so it's normal that he gets some buffs.
Like in 6.83 you could just freefarm against a Techies offlane. Like how to play against Techies : pick Spectre, freefarm the lane, GG. Normal that he gets some decent lane presence.

BTW if you want to nerf Techies remove the respawn time reduction on suicide.

I do not want to nerf Techies, for me the hero is fine, just niche like Huskar for example and is an excellent 1-hour-doto forcer and gank punisher, but that delay is ********, you can easliy use this as a nuke that melts half of your hp away.

Edit: oh yeah, and fix those auto-force and auto-remote scripts(or w/e it is), as far as third-party scripts may go, this is just pure cheating.
Edit 2: just noticed a post about WR... how is ANY of her skills weak, they are all, like, super-strong except maybe her ulti before aghs and Maelstrom.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved