Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Juggernaut?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Juggernaut? 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 13, 2015 11:33pm | Report
Diffusal is almost viable on Juggernaut now tho.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » January 13, 2015 11:56pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Ghost Scepter stul works for countering.

And Diffusal Blade counters Ghost Scepter
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 14, 2015 1:58am | Report
[rant]

Seriously, f*** you Icefraud. This 6.83b patch is just stupid.

Omnislash cast range from 450 to 350 (?!)

Basically you give Juggy a flashy-looking but minor buff with some more AGI, and behind our backs you cut him to the ground by making his ulti unusable. It already had a pathetic cast range, now it's almost uncastable.

So yeah, Blink Dagger core item. Otherwise you have no ult (and no right-click anyways because you can't get in range).

Nice backstabbing Icefraud. It reminds me of 6.82 patch where he apparently buffed Shadow Fiend by giving him a completely useless buff to Necromastery while behind our backs he introduces the double roam/trilane mid meta with the bounty runes. Now SF gets perma-ganked mid and loses the game on his own...but yeah he can get 3 more souls at level 1.

So yeah, Juggy was nerfed horribly in 6.83. Skills are what make a hero not stats.

[/rant]
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 14, 2015 2:07am | Report
yes,yes it is :D

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » January 14, 2015 3:58am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

[rant]

Seriously, f*** you Icefraud. This 6.83b patch is just stupid.

Omnislash cast range from 450 to 350 (?!)

Basically you give Juggy a flashy-looking but minor buff with some more AGI, and behind our backs you cut him to the ground by making his ulti unusable. It already had a pathetic cast range, now it's almost uncastable.

So yeah, Blink Dagger core item. Otherwise you have no ult (and no right-click anyways because you can't get in range).

I don't see why this makes Juggernaut that different. Like seriously, Blink Dagger was already good on Jugg, making it core just makes him slightly less stupid.

The nerf just makes him less of a hero than can wander around the map solo-killing whatever takes his fancy when ulti is up. He can probably still do it, since he builts Phase Boots, Mask of Madness, and Yasha normally, and thus moves really fast. Making gap-closing not an issue (Hell, you can see him just running people down in recent games, not even using Omnislash to get solo kills.

None of his other traits have been change (Beyond a slight armour nerf). He still has amazing BAT which lets him be a good man-fighter, he still has Healing Ward for pushing and fighting, he can still solo Roshan really early on.

In short, I don't think the change really hurts him that hard. He's still got every other trait that made him a really popular pick untouched. I'm probably going to be proved wrong on this, I admit, but for now I believe he's still going to be a high priority pick/ban hero.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 14, 2015 4:13am | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

I don't see why this makes Juggernaut that different. Like seriously, Blink Dagger was already good on Jugg, making it core just makes him slightly less stupid.

The nerf just makes him less of a hero than can wander around the map solo-killing whatever takes his fancy when ulti is up. He can probably still do it, since he builts Phase Boots, Mask of Madness, and Yasha normally, and thus moves really fast. Making gap-closing not an issue (Hell, you can see him just running people down in recent games, not even using Omnislash to get solo kills.

None of his other traits have been change (Beyond a slight armour nerf). He still has amazing BAT which lets him be a good man-fighter, he still has Healing Ward for pushing and fighting, he can still solo Roshan really early on.

In short, I don't think the change really hurts him that hard. He's still got every other trait that made him a really popular pick untouched. I'm probably going to be proved wrong on this, I admit, but for now I believe he's still going to be a high priority pick/ban hero.

well he was definately overpicked in the western scene. some easter teams picked him but a lot mostly ignored him.
he wasnt picked in 6.82, now he was pushed over the edge of being a good hero and INSTANTLY BIG OMMNISLASH NERFS.
its kinda unneeded, now he is probably going to be a situational pick against teams with delayed stuns.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 14, 2015 4:22am | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

The nerf just makes him less of a hero than can wander around the map solo-killing whatever takes his fancy when ulti is up.

Well...that's kinda the issue, isn't it? I mean, what is Jugg good at besides doing exactly that? The best part about the hero is his awesome ulti...other than that what are you gonna do? Play right-click Jugg with madness yasha and stuff without using ult? He's just a melee creep with good BAT and a crit, it's terrible, just pick Templar Assassin or something if you want to do that. Deathball push with Healing Ward? Yeah it's really good but pubs never picked him for this and even competitive teams don't pick him for this either.

This hero is pretty much a walking ulti, nerf the ult, nerf the hero to the ground.

Main issue I have with Jugg right now is that he has to freeze a ton of inventory slots with items that have nothing to do with the business of carrying : blink to actually have an ult, Aghs to have a decent ult cooldown, dust against invis heroes, diffusal to dispel ghost, etc. How do you keep slots for real carry items?
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 14, 2015 6:14am | Report

Because people buy Diffusal Blade on Juggernaut wasting an item slot.

The nerf is 100 range people, calm down. You will still be able to play Juggernaut properly without that 100 range to Omnislash. Will it be harder to pull one off? Yes, that's the point of it. But Juggernaut is such a race car that it's not even a problem. Plus, when people use Blink Dagger on him, they'll blink into melee range anyway.

Pathetic cast range? Duel and Culling Blade are the pathetic ones, yet Legion Commander and Axe received nerfs after nerfs (minor or major to their entire skill sets, not just a skill).

The AGI buff was really needed, his level 1 damage is really poor compared to other melees.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » January 14, 2015 7:54am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

Diffusal is almost viable on Juggernaut now tho.

It is. i've seen IAnihilate doing it yesterday on a stream. Drums + diffusal. It was pretty badass not gonna lie
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved