Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

is bloodstone on dusa legit?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » is bloodstone on dusa legit? 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by strider » October 29, 2015 1:22pm | Report
I've seen people discuss Bloodstone on Medusa,but never really thought about it until i looked up #1 Medusa player on dotabuff,as it turns out he builds it decent amount.
although she benefits from enlarged manapool generally there are better items to get.only time i'd consider getting Bloodstone is if i'm up against Nyx Assassin,since stacking stats would make Mana Burn even more effective.

so,whats your opinion on Bloodstone Medusa?

strider

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 29, 2015 1:28pm | Report
Could be semi-viable if Eye of Skadi wasn't 10 times better in every way. Just compare the two items.

If you're playing against Nyx Assassin, you only need one item and it's a Black King Bar. If Nyx commits to manaburning you, just pop BKB and right-click him down. He has no way to escape if you have dust.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 29, 2015 1:37pm | Report
It used to be legit, back in one of the earlier Bloodstone itterations where it gave a lot of HP regen, and basically made you unkillable.

Nowadays however; The issue is that whilst the item makes you tanky, it doesn't do it in the right way. Dusa doesn't want to build directly tanky, she wants to build stats and get tanky as a result of it, because she wants and benefits from bucketloads of all 3 stats.

Against a Nyx Assassin - In part you have to just relegate yourself to being mana burned; Buy a BKB (Despite the fact the item is just eurgh on Dusa) and don't stand as far forward during sieges as you normally do and you are probably fine.

Like I won't say BKB solves all the issues, because you can't exactly stop a Nyx Assassin burning your mana in a late game situations, and you can't afford to pop BKB just to stop one mana burn so it's kinda 50/50. Depends a lot on relative team comps

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pocciox » October 29, 2015 1:44pm | Report
Not really, especially after nerfs.
Medusa isn't really good anyway: she is indeed great lategame but hasn't got splitpush or flashfarm potential like other hard carries. Anyway, skadi got nerfed as well so...
Also, you shouldn't go slasher's way on her any more :)

Pocciox

Notable (2)
Steam: Pocciox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 29, 2015 1:52pm | Report
Pocciox wrote:

Not really, especially after nerfs.
Medusa isn't really good anyway: she is indeed great lategame but hasn't got splitpush or flashfarm potential like other hard carries. Anyway, skadi got nerfed as well so...
Also, you shouldn't go slasher's way on her any more :)

Out of curiosity which hard carry has better flash farm than her? Of the 4 traditional hard carries, she's the only one with an innate flash farming tool that's not a nuke. There are plenty of carries with better flash farm than her, but not the traditional hard carries. And if you are gonna say Gyrocopter pls don't, the hero is not that a good a late game hero.

Her bigger issue is just that it's a super aggresive meta, and she's a passive hero. If the meta was more passive, she's be more viable, especially given the fact she has a really solid lane.

There's a difference between a hero being unfavourable in a given game-state and being out-right bad. Dusa is the former more so than the latter.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » October 29, 2015 5:13pm | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

Out of curiosity which hard carry has better flash farm than her? Of the 4 traditional hard carries, she's the only one with an innate flash farming tool that's not a nuke. There are plenty of carries with better flash farm than her, but not the traditional hard carries. And if you are gonna say Gyrocopter pls don't, the hero is not that a good a late game hero.

Her bigger issue is just that it's a super aggresive meta, and she's a passive hero. If the meta was more passive, she's be more viable, especially given the fact she has a really solid lane.

There's a difference between a hero being unfavourable in a given game-state and being out-right bad. Dusa is the former more so than the latter.

Flashfarming without items? Pretty much only Terrorblade. Maybe Luna, though she's a long way below Medusa on the carry tier. What are your four traditional hard carries, by the way? Usually only Faceless Void, Medusa and Spectre are mentioned. Who's the fourth?
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » October 29, 2015 6:23pm | Report
Anti-Mage maybe? Or Naga Siren? Idk either I'm just guessing.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » October 29, 2015 7:38pm | Report
Pretty sure its naga.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » October 29, 2015 8:19pm | Report
Traditions are broken, Faceless Void is not one of the game's hardest carries, not anymore and not the way most people build him. Hero is a glass cannon, so he doesn't have the potential to carry nearly as hard as the 2 Madames of Dota, or Morphling and Naga.

On topic: Dusa needs to prioritize her damage output, and this usually comes in the form of stats, since her stat gain is not impressive, so she doesn't naturally do very much damage, but Eye of Skadi makes her like 3x tankier than it does other heroes, and it just kind of outclasses Bloodstone.

If you find yourself lacking in mana regen, you can get Scythe of Vyse on her, since Dusa scales super well with mana.

And if you're against Nyx, just prioritize killing him. If he casts 2 mana burns on you, you're probably gonna die. The Scythe I just mentioned is probably a good choice, I don't think I've ever seen Nyx build BKB. A much bigger threat to Medusa is actually Lich with his mass ice armor.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » October 29, 2015 8:22pm | Report
Too many iconic carries to choose just 4 XD

But it doesn't matter. Terrorblade is the fastest flash-farmer without items, then Medusa, then Shadow Fiend but he isn't a hard carry. With items, you've got a tier of Terrorblade Anti-Mage Luna [Tiny]], then you have Lone Druid Troll Warlord Faceless Void Phantom Assassin Phantom Lancer (item builds depending of course). Finally, you get the Spectre Morphling Chaos Knight tier of snail vegetating.

EDIT @ Cuttleboss: Rip the Void era, it was a nice trifecta. I still think he's a hard carry just by merit of his combo potential, but too many nerfs to Chronosphere especially cooldown just screwed him over so hard. Not to mention his nonexistant damage steroid.

On a side note, I suggested these changes to the purple jerk. Thoughts?

You've been visited by FACEFUL VOID!
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved