Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

is bloodstone on dusa legit?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » is bloodstone on dusa legit? 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » October 29, 2015 10:47pm | Report
That's a cool idea there Tera, reminds me of HoN's Chronos. Numbers might need adjusting and testing but it makes him quite a bit stronger and a more capable carry.

But this isn't the place to discuss it.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » October 29, 2015 11:24pm | Report
sp12 has a guide on dotafire called "Gorgonzola" - for medusa
And he has a detailed build for bloodstone.

I believe in him as well as his guide. A tank item with bloodstone In tow makes for a brilliant late game.
I have once stood in the enemy fountain with heart bloodstone and butterfly , indefinitely. Its that good.

But their are some conditions that come with this build.
Namely:
1.You are left to farm skadi and bloodstone. comfortably so by enemies.
2.In early-mid game, your contribution to fights is merely gaze and snake. So you need good positioning and need to get results fromsaid contribution.
3.You get good amount of charges on bloodstone , as you need to snowball or be fighty by joining fights with your team the moment you get bloodstone.
4.Do not stop farming your skadi as it is the prime tank and slow item as bloodstone keeps your mana healthy, so you keep tanking.
5. you suffer for lack of damage so your team needs to be built for early game and utility late game.

I mean to say that you gotta try this gameplay out. It does work. Most of the time, medusa dies because she has taken damage that actually empties her mana pool. Rarely have I seen cases where she died with mana to spare. and that's so true when we talk of extreme late game when you get chain stunned to death.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 30, 2015 1:46am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

Flashfarming without items? Pretty much only Terrorblade. Maybe Luna, though she's a long way below Medusa on the carry tier. What are your four traditional hard carries, by the way? Usually only Faceless Void, Medusa and Spectre are mentioned. Who's the fourth?

Faceless Void (It's not true anymore of course, but traditionally that was always his place_, Spectre, Medusa and Chaos Knight. CK being the odd one out because his issue isn't that he has a weak early or weak mid game, simply that he struggles to farm to his 6 slot. However, he fights better at an item disadvantage than practically any other hero, so he can usually carry from 2-3 items.

I don't consider Anti-Mage because despite being good against the other hard carries, he's a mid game hero, he has this really early power spike and then just stays kinda level.

Similar to Naga Siren; She actually drops off super late game, because her illusions can only be so tanky compared to the enemy damage out-put. She just usually ends things before they hit that point.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » October 30, 2015 1:57am | Report
Well, Naga's still like the 9th hardest carry in the game lol, I definitely wouldn't call her a weak lategamer. 6-slotted Naga is a scary force in a fight.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheFinalUnknownx » October 30, 2015 2:15am | Report
Void if built right is still one of the top 3 hardest carries and is able to help the team a lot earlier than either dusa or scep .
Butterfly, Monkey King Bar , Mask of Madness , Boots of Travel , Daedalus , Heart

this build puts him right at the top. The only problem is that now days he's built as a glass cannon initiator who is item reliant , same with Medusa and Sceptre .

People build Medusa as a glass cannon hero while relying on Mana Shield for survivability but have a non-existent mana pool and barely health.

Sceptre and mom make a sad combo too , mom removes one of the best advantages in survivability that he has .

TheFinalUnknownx

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 30, 2015 2:22am | Report
Void is not played as a 6-slot killing machine. People just get that impression of him carrying hard because he can easily snowball off his Chronos, quickly get 5-6 slotted and just kill any hero 1 vs 1 at that stage, and people heavily underestimate void with BKB and MoM without Chrono, he has enough damage to take about 3 heroes out with 7-6 sec BKB duration and ultimate up(even if it's just 1 man Chrono). Then he usually get rax and finishes the game. Kinda like AM or Luna, but if above two suffer from enemy carries getting big, Void can get rekt with spam of defensive, support and disable items.

If the game drags late enough for enemy carries and, more importantly, supports to get farmed he will suffer.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » October 30, 2015 2:35am | Report
Stay on the topic mateys. we need to discuss bs on dusa, not actual bs. Lawl.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheFinalUnknownx » October 30, 2015 2:40am | Report
Sometimes yes but not always.

If he gets 6-six slotted he will end the the game before the supports can think of farming for themselves.

We can't argue too much because dusa and scep also sufer from the same and a 6-slotted void is more likey to get a ultra-rampage kill than dusa or scep.

Something that most people don't understand is that chrono is not a rampage tool. This misunderstanding has created all these impractical glass cannon builds cos people hope to get a rampage in chrono though it is near impossible to land a 5-man chrono in the first place.

Also contrary to popular belief , you should never use a full on attack speed build on void if you're intending to carry since even the double damage of timelock is not much late-game

TheFinalUnknownx

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 30, 2015 3:01am | Report
That's just what I was talking about - he gets farmed to a point he is super-overpowered and finishes the game before anyone can really counter him.

Not Dusa nor Spectre suffer from what Void suffers. You need 5-6 seconds to take out a hexed/disarmed/silenced/broken 6-slot Void, maybe 8 if he got more survivability than usual. You don't take Dusa or Spectre out in that time unless you have direct carry counters. They just outlive the stuff you throw into them, and even if they don't, grz you spent all your disables on one hero but there are still four remaining. Spec doesn't even have to hit to make an impact in that case.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheFinalUnknownx » October 30, 2015 3:37am | Report
Late game I mostly run void as an initiator after 6-slots , diablers and carry will be dead before fight even begins , even if I die , 4 others against a team with dead carries and teamfghters , it will be a certain loss situation and there is always the chance that I eliminate carries and team fighters in chrono and am still standing .

If they have tanky carries like scep or dusa , void can ignore them and kill others , 5 vs 1-2 isn't a win situation either especially since void can perma-bash

TheFinalUnknownx

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved