Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Huskar ideas

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Huskar ideas 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by the other Mark » August 19, 2014 3:18pm | Report
Everyone seems to do the same thing with Huskar. They get Urn, Helm, Armlet, and weapon of choice. It is a good build but I was thinking about what else might work well.

What about skipping one of those items to go straight to Satanic? +25 Str and super life steal would be an awesome early item.

Life Break and Burning Spear are both magical damage. A Veil of Discord for 2650 would add an extra 25% damage from both of those. Since it hits a good size area you could spread the love, hitting each hero in a team fight with a few Burning Spears and watch as they run away to die.

Opinions?

the other Mark

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » August 19, 2014 3:40pm | Report
Straight Satanic is bad as you don't have enough damage to lifesteal effectively. Veil of Discord is surprisingly effective, especially if you have other big magic damage on the team.

Shockingly, Maelstrom is good due to your high attack speed on low life, while Aghanim's Scepter can be really good on him due getting Life Break every 4 (!) seconds. Not very standard items, but can be effective.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 19, 2014 4:41pm | Report
I would say there are 3 builds for huskar.

The 'standard' build: armlet into helm and a fast satanic.

The deathball build: where you get a mekanism and play him like a viper and razor. He is the same kind of hero. Lane dominator, early game power, but farms slowly and is really bad at playing from behind.

The magic damage build with mealstrom and veil.
I would consider that build a bit experimental, since you are not building him into a strategy like with the second build, so its to be seen if its worth it to pick a 'nuker' huskar.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by NinjaBlademaster » August 19, 2014 4:44pm | Report
Black King Bar negates the damage that Huskar takes from Life Break, so that's something.

If you want to have lightspeed attacks, go for an Assault Cuirass.

I think a Desolator could work rather well on him.

That's all I can think of at the moment :)

Sando's ideas are really good too. Building the Maelstrom into a Mjollnir could be an option.
Code:
<span style="padding:4px;white-space:nowrap;background:#FF0000;background:-moz-linear-gradient(top,#4B0082,#0000ff);background:-webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom,from(#0000CD),to(gold));border-radius:4px 4px 21px 21px;border:2px solid white;4px;box-shadow:5px 5px 11px #000000; width:45%">&nbsp;<span style="color: #ffffff; font-family:Copperplate;">Ninjablademaster</span>&nbsp;</span>

NinjaBlademaster

Notable (1)
Steam:
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » August 19, 2014 4:54pm | Report
Just a random idea that I feel like putting in;
build Diffusal Blade just to watch supports see their health + mana disappear before their eyes.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cataclysm2146 » August 19, 2014 6:12pm | Report
Build for instagib?
Eblade, orchid, veil, aghs. Orchid, Veil, EB, Ult.

Cataclysm2146

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 19, 2014 9:38pm | Report
I personally love building Aghanim's Scepter to Black King Bar if given the chance to troll, in the first two charges you can do 2 Life Break without losing an ounce of HP in one team fight, it does break enemy's coordination (since they can't eally do anything to magic immune Huskar.

Anyway, my standard build is going Maelstrom to Armlet of Mordiggian, later on to Mjollnir.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 20, 2014 7:40am | Report
Has anyone tried [[Refresher Orb]?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » August 20, 2014 7:49am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Has anyone tried Refresher Orb?

Why would you ever get Refresher instead of Scepter..?

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 20, 2014 8:25am | Report
How bout both?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved