Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Eye of Skadi as replacement for Heart of Tarrasque on meele carries?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Eye of Skadi as replacement for Heart of Tarrasque on meele carries? 25 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by NicknameMy » November 6, 2012 2:10pm | Report
I am still pretty new to DotA 2, but I found already something interesting to theory craft. Many guides I see recommon Heart of Tarrasque on meele carries because it offers the most defense. Well, the thing I am missing on meele ad's is a way to hold the enemy near you and Sange and Yasha is for that most of the time not enough. So for this, the idea would be to get Eye of Skadi instead. It offers also a pretty big amount of defense, more attack speed, mana and that awsome passive. So my question is, why not many guides actually feature Eye of Skadi?
The fast way to fast Skeleton King.

NicknameMy

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » November 6, 2012 2:49pm | Report
Eye of Skadi is EXTREMELY expensive for what your getting. You get a lot of other items that serves whatever purpose for a lot cheaper. The perma-slow may seem nice but it's not not all that great when you have to pay almost 5.7k for stats and a slow.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp12 » November 6, 2012 3:27pm | Report
It's an okay replacement for when you're a hero that needs every stat.

CK can get it, Spectre can get it, Nightstalker can get it.

It's just expensive with a bad buildup and the int is wasted on most melee heros.
Feel free to check out my guides for Spectre, Dragon Knight, Siren, Medusa, Sniper, Disruptor, or Void. They're pretty cool.

Sp12

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by NicknameMy » November 6, 2012 5:09pm | Report
Well, for example skeleton king can use the mana because of his high mana cost low cooldown hellfire blast, AS is nice aswell and HP, why not? He also has his ulti. And after he stunned somebody he can stay with them with the permaslow.

NicknameMy

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » November 6, 2012 5:22pm | Report
Sure you can get it, but wouldn't more armor/higher attack speed boost from AC or HP/tankablilty and damage from Heart be better? It could be viable but there are just better items to get instead of Skadi which is the reason why it is bought so little in games. All you get is a slow that may not even be worth it when you can get other items that help more. It is a decent luxury item on Morph but that is because he can use the raw stats incredibly well due to his morph.

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Steam: LSK.exe
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » November 6, 2012 9:35pm | Report
It's okay, but some heroes already have a built in orb (Drow Ranger[[), and others prefer [[Desolater or Mjollnir.

However, the main reason it isn't purchased is that it's just too costly.

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by NicknameMy » November 6, 2012 10:45pm | Report
So, the conclution: It is a situational item, only get it, if enemies everytime run with very low life away from you.

NicknameMy

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daPhongster » November 6, 2012 11:31pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

So, the conclution: It is a situational item, only get it, if enemies everytime run with very low life away from you.

I'd say Skull Basher is better for that.

I think you should get it when you are an int carry, so you can use the HP, Atk speed, and Damage. Also, since melee heroes have Skull Basher for better CC, this is better for ranged than melee. All int carries are ranged anyway.

daPhongster

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp12 » November 7, 2012 2:07am | Report
There are no int carries that don't have an orb already.

Get it if you want chasing power and more stats.
Feel free to check out my guides for Spectre, Dragon Knight, Siren, Medusa, Sniper, Disruptor, or Void. They're pretty cool.

Sp12

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wilddeonpwn » November 7, 2012 2:11am | Report
Sp12 wrote:

There are no int carries that don't have an orb already.

Get it if you want chasing power and more stats.

Umm.. yes there are:

Storm Spirit
Nature's Prophet
necrolyte
Queen of Pain
Invoker

?

wilddeonpwn

Established (102)
Steam: wilddeonpwn
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved