Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Core Treant Protector?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Core Treant Protector? 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jamesShajam » December 21, 2014 1:04pm | Report
In the past, when overgrowth did no damage, this was just a pipe dream. But now with increased Aghs damage, and the decreased cool down of Eyes in the Forest, Treant can have a serious impact on a game. Moreover, his GPM can be off the charts if he rushes Aghs.
Let me explain. By placing an Eye at every neutral camp in the enemy jungle, Treant can deny the enemy carries farm by clearing almost every single jungle creep with the push of the button. Add a few stacks in your own jungle and we are talking ridiculous amounts of gold. Conveniently, the cool down for Overgrowth is 70 seconds, which is 10 seconds after every jungle creep spawns. Obviously, you don't want to deny your own team farm, so it is most beneficial to do this strategy with Eyes in the enemy jungle. This has the added benefit of giving vision of the enemies movements.
Its important to note that you have to be very situationally aware of when its appropriate to use overgrowth to farm, and when its best to save the ultimate to use in team fights. This being said, its also interesting to note that by doing this strategy, every time you have a team fight and you use your ult, you are gifted with an extra massive gold bonus.
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

jamesShajam

Notable (5)
Steam: ShaJam
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » December 21, 2014 2:57pm | Report
It sounds good, but what exactly does Treant do with farm? He has no right-click potential, and doesn't really scale as a semi-carry either. He doesn't have the mana to support all his spells + Mek + Pipe + whatever else. Perhaps you can build him as a ganker, with blink > orchid > dagon, but that will delay his Ags and we're back to a slowly farming Hero with no carry potential.

Sorry to crush your dreams :/
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ninecent » December 21, 2014 2:59pm | Report
Was expecting another MoM treant thing. (I do that a lot when I get Low Prio)
But this is a legitimately good idea. In your opinion, what items would be most beneficial to core Treant Protector? Would giving him offlane or mid be best, or farming core in a dual lane? Theoretically, in what kind of lineup would a core treant be viable?
A few questions, but it sounds really interesting and might be viable even in professional matches. A solid idea. Only problem is getting him a farming position as a hero with very poor scaling besides stats.

EDIT: Also, in respone to Terathiel, I feel like putting him as an aura carrier and initiator would work out fine. But I don't really play treant besides the aforementioned MoM troll build in low prio, so there's that.

Ninecent

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 21, 2014 4:34pm | Report
This is an amazing observation.

HOWEVER, overgrowth deals little damage to clear a large/medium creep camp. This isn't work.

However, the idea of core treant...

What would we build on him?

Aghs-Seriously, i think this item is underrated, it gave him amazing global potential, he can actually stop splitpushes with this item. Also he should have enough farm with this item.

Shivas, vlads, blink, drums...

Sorry, i just cant find enough impact by this build.

Very situational. I would do this if enemy has elusive splitpushers
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 21, 2014 6:58pm | Report
Meh
If you wanna give him farm, let him go carry.
Fleet-boy and smuggels-boy have rated him a top tier carry in their heirarchy guide so m not alone.
Sange and Yasha
Assault Cuirass
Boots
Abyssal Blade
Mjollnir
Bkb/ Eye of Skadi.
Kappa.
(there you go Unscathed. Will you know forgive me for blasphemy? Id rather not coz i enjoy it.)
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 21, 2014 7:20pm | Report
^The legit things is only Cuirass and Skadii
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 21, 2014 10:19pm | Report
abysal gives u a stun bro. Its legit for me.
I dont care for heart on him , he has monster str gain and like if u need QB to farm with him, you suck.
My only qualms are with SnY, i would rather go crit, or butterfly if they dont have true strike

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 21, 2014 11:57pm | Report
It's actually pretty smart, yeah. With the 6.83 update his ulti deals a lot of damage actually, 525/700/875 magic damage total according to the wiki. Yes it's enough to clear most creep camps and even if it doesn't it will clear them in two casts.

Maybe it's even possible to time it so you actually stack the camps each time (Kreygasm ^^)

Treant is perfectly viable as an offlaner. I actually think it's the best way to play him, get solo experience while assisting his allies with Living Armor. So yeah you can rush arcane boots/Aghs and get that farming machine going.

But what are you going to do with the farm?

Carry items? Gonna be honest here, carry treant is complete garbage. I never understood why people even considered building right-click on a hero with mediocre movement speed, a weak 350 range (!!) disable and the worst base attack time in the game. So I actually tested it "just to be sure". I started a bot game, I edited the dota files to change his BAT to 1.4 (Juggernaut/Antimage level), and I played solo mid carry tree. And...my thought was that even with the best BAT in the game it was complete junk. Why? Just because he's horribly easy to kite, and because he can't do jack in teamfights besides using his ult, which he already has as a support anyways with a blink!

So yeah, most logical thing to do is to play him like a Tidehunter : Blink Dagger, Refresher Orb, Shiva's Guard, Scythe of Vyse, Necronomicon, etc.

His ult with refresher is actually pretty good, he can be an initiator who farms really fast.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 22, 2014 12:21am | Report
^Holy **** how do you change the BAT teach me senpai
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » December 22, 2014 12:38am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

^Holy **** how do you change the BAT teach me senpai

If I change the BAT to 0, then does my attacks per second become infinite? Senpai pls help me

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved