Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Buffing 6.86 Voi

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Buffing 6.86 Voi 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 22, 2016 7:06pm | Report
Has anyone seen Waga getting Vanguard into Radiance on Faceless Void? I personally think it's pretty effective.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 22, 2016 7:16pm | Report
Well the thing about backtrack was that it was always on and helped you get away from damage even if you were disabled silenced or sheeped. Void nowadays gets chainstunned to death or silenced. He is also susceptible to manage leaks and it hampers his ability to cast that crucial.time walk.
And the cast time on time walk.is pretty horrible now that it isna defensive ability. He is in a confusing place for me. His last two abilities scream carry and the first two scream utility. What should one do. He is trying to place his feet on two boats at one time and now he's doing the split if you ask me.
He needs a push into one direction. If he's utility, how does he farm. How to be tanky?
He already has carry issues so he ain't that Good. This was the reason I was calling a buff to his utility

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » January 22, 2016 7:43pm | Report
He needs buffs to his damage output, Maybe if time dilation give him 10% atack speed per skill stopped he would be a viable carry, now he just synergy with Atack Speed and drops late game

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 22, 2016 7:43pm | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Has anyone seen Waga getting Vanguard into Radiance on Faceless Void? I personally think it's pretty effective.

Radiance is always good on Heroes that can stand in the centre of teamfights, and Vanguard keeps you from taking too much Right-Click early on. Honestly though, I feel like getting Radiance after Vanguard is a bit too much of an investment though, although Void is such a good Crimson Guard builder now.

I think I'll have to try this. Bulding this into Eye of Skadi should make you extremely annoying in Teamfights, especially if you can hold Chronosphere and use it to Counter Initiate.
Sp3ctr3 wrote:

Don't know now, but Faceless Void is not a carry I like in my team, he depends way to much in his Chronosphere and don't say he is tankier now, since he has a shi....er mana pool, so you are not going to be able to use your Q that much. I think he is just trash rigth now.

He has no Mana problems if you build a Magic Wand. All you need after that is to boost his overall Mana Pool slightly to compensate for the additional cost of Chronosphere and Time Dilation.(200/275/350).

At lvl6, you have 292.5 Mana. Add in a Magic Wand, and you have 344.5 + 15 per Stick Charge. After setting 150 + 50 aside for Chronosphere and you have 144.5 + Stick Charges. With 1 Stick charge, you can get 4 Timewalks in. With Void's Mana Regen at 6, you regain a total of 1.07 Mana per second, so you can easily use Time Walk every 30 seconds in Lane without having to worry about Regen.

At lvl11 with Magic Wand and Power Treads, you have 559 Mana. Setting aside 225 + 50 for Chronosphere and Time Dilation, you have 284 Mana for Time Walk. That's 7 uses of Time Walk before you run out of Mana. That's more than enough in a Teamfight, even assuming you don't get any Stick Charges.

Void has plenty of Mana for Time Walk, you just need to start with an Enchanted Mango, buy a Magic Stick early, upgrade it for the extra Stats, then use Tread Switching with Wand Charges, and you should never run out of Mana in normal circumstances.

...and even if you do run out of Mana, just ferry Claritys on the Courier and avoid any Harrass for 10-20 seconds. It's an amazingly effficient way to keep your Mana pool recharged. If you have Free Farm and know how to avoid Creep Aggro, you can easily Farm while replenishing mana at the same time.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » January 22, 2016 7:58pm | Report
I actually like the idea of Radiance into either Ag's Shiva's Guard or Ag's Octarine Core. Maybe Ag's AC. With a Blink Dagger somewhere in there.

Like, Time Dilation with Octarine Core means it's a 12s duration with a what 13.5s cooldown? That's actually absurd in and off itself, you entirely lock heroes out from using abilities more than once in a fight. Combined with a 45s cooldown Chronosphere? Like unless you jump on and kill Void instantly, imagine fighting into that?

Obviously it's situational, because you need heroes that have some level of synergy with Chronosphere i.e. ranged carry, and the enemy team needs to have spells weak to it.

But seriously; Imagine Dazzle only getting one Shadow Wave or Shallow Grave off in a fight? Or a Tusk only getting one Snowball, an AM or QoP only having a single Blink. You can single handedly cripple the enemy team by yourself when timed well.

It's absurd in theory.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 23, 2016 4:12am | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

I actually like the idea of Radiance into either Ag's Shiva's Guard or Ag's Octarine Core. Maybe Ag's AC. With a Blink Dagger somewhere in there.

Like, Time Dilation with Octarine Core means it's a 12s duration with a what 13.5s cooldown? That's actually absurd in and off itself, you entirely lock heroes out from using abilities more than once in a fight. Combined with a 45s cooldown Chronosphere? Like unless you jump on and kill Void instantly, imagine fighting into that?

Obviously it's situational, because you need heroes that have some level of synergy with Chronosphere i.e. ranged carry, and the enemy team needs to have spells weak to it.

But seriously; Imagine Dazzle only getting one Shadow Wave or Shallow Grave off in a fight? Or a Tusk only getting one Snowball, an AM or QoP only having a single Blink. You can single handedly cripple the enemy team by yourself when timed well.

It's absurd in theory.

Do all utility and no damage?
Aghs and octarine. Also get refresher . then you have bkb and boots. What other items can you consider?

Also is this how someone would play utility void? Isn't aghs enough?

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » January 23, 2016 6:43am | Report
Why the hate on Time Dialation? Did you ever use it against Bristleback or other heroes that need their spells?
And seriously the slow is so good.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 23, 2016 7:32am | Report
It's not hate. I believe he's ina weird place. What does that ice*** want me to do?
Go aghanims every game?
Or get mjollmir and stop thinking about fv as a hard carry?
Use those first two skills to join in fighta only to realize that o font have damage output?

That's where I am confused. He needs something to set a smooth hero development path. Either let him be utility that he bashes two people up the ones under time dilation or an attack speed buff.

Point is I can't see myself going either full utility or full damage on him. They both look absurd and the mid way is lacklustre.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » January 23, 2016 9:52am | Report
Just build Slahser's way.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved