Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Buffing 6.86 Voi

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Buffing 6.86 Voi 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 22, 2016 4:47am | Report
So void has been reduced to an initiator/mid game fighter and has only the shell of late game presence of his former self.
The nerfs were handed to him in piecemeal from 6.79 onwards and now it has come to this, a blue creep that has a chrono but no damage or attack speed.So I propose that we BRAINSTORM here on how to make him playable and make his winrate at the balanced 50% mark. What I think is that Time Dilation should be buffed in the sense that every person caught under the effect of [time dilation]] should have an increased chance to be bashed by Faceless Void. So this differential can go like 5/8/11/15 for each level or 3/5/7/9 per ability and make void comfortable in that utility role direction that icefrog is making him go.

I think his carry days are quite over, since Break was introduced and affected backtrack adversely, then he got reworked to incorporate backtrack into Time Walk at the cost of bad range but a good cooldown.

What are your thought? How would you balance him?

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » January 22, 2016 5:01am | Report
Make Time Lock scale based on his Agility, like 10/20/30/40 + 40% of his AGI. There, lots of damage!
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 22, 2016 5:52am | Report
So you want many void to be a thing?
Make manta skadinand butterfly to get a late game monster.....
Seems good but your issues remain the same. He is still that hero out of chronosphere with pitiable right click damage with a real big downtime on his ulti. Initiating is also an issue and if you use a slot for blink dagger you are wasting a big spot which can be utilized for propping up his stats. Hard carries need dedicated heroes for initiating .....

But this thing is a welcome change to the carry build, but honestly it doesn't help with this utility. He would still need to play early utility and transition into late carry. Or you and I can rat with him and show our face(lel he has nonface) after 30 mins and being 4 slotted

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 22, 2016 6:17am | Report
He doesn't really need Buffing, he can do something that he never could before in the Early Game. Get into a fight and stay there. Due to the new Time Walk he's considerably Tankier than he ever would be after Maxing Backtrack. So long as you can use your Q, you can stick to targets and keep healing yourself while being hard to focus down effectively.

If anything, he may need a minor nerf...

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » January 22, 2016 8:15am | Report
I am on Xyrus side here. He seems pretty balanced to me right now. He isn't a hard carry anymore (heck to me he is a pos 3 now) so don't expect crazy carry action of him, don't be so conservative. He is my beloved teamfighter now.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » January 22, 2016 2:46pm | Report
Don't know now, but Faceless Void is not a carry I like in my team, he depends way to much in his Chronosphere and don't say he is tankier now, since he has a shi....er mana pool, so you are not going to be able to use your Q that much. I think he is just trash rigth now.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » January 22, 2016 3:34pm | Report
So don't build him as a carry build him as an initiating/tanky 3 position.

Like he was an awful carry before the rework, so changing his spells up means considering different roles for him isn't that shocking. As it is, given he has a great Ag's upgrade, and fairly decent ultity now makes building aura items and utlity on him fairly decent.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 22, 2016 4:03pm | Report
This dude Faceless Void is one of the tankiest heroes in the game now. It's weird how his playstyle is now the opposite of what it used to be, wanting fights to be long as possible so he can get more bashes, backtrack more attacks, and keep your cooldowns frozen.

The low winrate you're seeing is probably linked to the fact that Mask of Madness is hilariously bad on him now, since he gets more dangerous as the fight goes on, and no longer seeks to end it as soon as possible like a Sven does. Plus now he's actually able to play both 1 and 3, with 3 going for utility/tank items like Vlads/Vguard, Aghs, Blink, and 1 going for builds that mix tanking with damage (stat builds are good here) with items like SnY, Skadi, Bfly, Manta, and Satanic. He is so hard to kill with both these builds without chainstuns/silences, so I don't find that he needs buffs.

Also, a surprisingly good item on him is Aether Lens, since the mana is nice for him and his puny pool (dude still has trouble casting chronospheres), and the increase in the cast range of both his low cooldown hop and his chrono.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » January 22, 2016 4:13pm | Report
The thing is, he received much the same treatment as Riki: two of his abilities were baked into one and he was given an extra one. His carry potential wasn't affected at all, in fact I believe the Time Walk change actually buffed it given the hero's low-ish damage, so there's still no real reason to avoid playing him as a carry if you want - and I do want. But again, don't go MoM. Build stats. Butterfly, Manta, Skadi, Daedalus, BoTs and the necessary MKB or BKB. Frankly though, I'd opt against BKB due to your wanting to prolong fights, and the avatar duration isn't anywhere near long enough. So, build up and tank - I don't really think Satanic is wholly necessary, but can go that if you want.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 22, 2016 5:57pm | Report
Honestly I think Void is better than he was. I've had a lot more success with him than I used to just because Time Walk can remove all that damage. I think it's worth the shorter initiation range. It's on a six second cooldown, so theoretically if you could get enough mana you only have a 4 second window to do some serious damage to him in teamfights. Time Dialation is pretty weak, not even worth getting points in til like 12+. Would honestly consider going stats over it.

If I could make a change I'd switch out TD for something like:

Time Acceleration:

Void glimpses into the future and unlocks the secrets of battle. Increases the proc chance for on-hit abilites. Better within Chronoshpere.

Proc Increase: +20/25/30/35%
Proc Increase Inside Chrono: 25/30/35/40
Cooldown: 18
Manacost: 150/160/170/180
Duration: 6 seconds

Okay so I'm not sure if this would make or break the hero, whether its OP or a cripple. Please give feedback. So this would boost his Time Lock, as well as three of his most common items, Daedalus, MKB, and Mjollnir. I did the math to check if its op or not.

Time Lock(Level 4): 30/31.25/32.5/33.75(/35)
Mjollnir: 24/25/26/27(/28)% Proc Chance
Daedalus: 30/31.25/32.5/33.75(/35)

I think MKB would be pretty broken so maybe it shouldnt apply to MKB? It makes for a 42/43.75/45.5/47.25(/49)* mini bash chance. Maybe when active it removes extra damage from the mini-bash? idk.

So this would increase his damage output by a **** ton I would think, restoring him to some of his former glory. I kept the cooldown solid because making it better or worse with levels wouldnt really do anything.

This would also increase his defensive potential by increasing the chance to block with Poor Man's Shield, evade hits with Talisman of Evasion items like Butterfly.
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved