Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Baloney Scenarios 1

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Baloney Scenarios 1 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by baloneyhambacon » August 24, 2014 3:42am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

My strategy : Squeak squeak. Full rat dota, never fight a single teamfight, just split push and gank all game long.
Baloney's 5 heroes are useless outside of teamfights and they cannot gank. They're not very good at pushing either with the exception of Enigma.
Baloney's team lacks disables, so a Weaver, Anti-Mage, Morphling or Storm Spirit are pretty good counters to this lineup, they are unstoppable split pushers with e.g a Linken's Sphere.

I'd do something like Weaver carry, Nature's Prophet offlane, Storm Spirit mid, Io and Keeper of the Light supports. Full map mobiliity, full rat dota, with a KOTL to counterpush on his own and the rest of the team farming and split pushing. Naga Siren carry works as well.

Full rat dota is IMO the best counter, but the lineup here has a bucket loads of disables. just saying.

baloneyhambacon

Notable (2)
Steam: HamSandwich
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 24, 2014 3:47am | Report

Full rat dota is IMO the best counter, but the lineup here has a bucket loads of disables. just saying.

Disables with 150 second cooldowns don't count. Sure they can waste ravage and black hole to pick off one rat but then that's more than 2 minutes when the other rats can do whatever the hell they want. Besides they have no damage to follow-up with the disables, since this team has no carry.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 24, 2014 4:09am | Report
If you want to teamfight them, Silencer and Spectre sound like solid picks. They are good counters to Blink Dagger gaming because Global Silence (with aghs) and Haunt disable blink. Ice Blast disables blink dagger also so I'd have picked AA if you didn't pick him already.
This lineup is fairly greedy (a jungler, not the best lane presence, and they all need blinks to be of any use) so freefarming with a Spectre and a Silencer mid is pretty easy.
Also... Rubick :)

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » August 24, 2014 5:41am | Report
Axe, Pugna, Leshrac - agro tri with Axe creep skipping by level two Pugna and Leshrac will start melting T1 tower

Death Prophet - mid

Natures Prophet - offlane

I would counter their greedy strat with early push. Most of their heroes need levels and gear to be useful. Main strategy is to push early and just death ball each lane. Match should last no more than 20 minutes.

Multiple ways to melt towers. Pugna's nether blast, DP ult, NP treants, and Leshracs Edict.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » August 24, 2014 6:32am | Report
Their line up relies on yor team grouping up. Just spread apart a bit and they cant do ****.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 24, 2014 7:11am | Report
5-man deathball push strat against black hole and echo slam? You serious? :)

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 24, 2014 5:46pm | Report
I VANT RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Rubick!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » August 24, 2014 9:07pm | Report
my counter draft : i like weird ones so bear with me.

mid : Sand King

reasons: Caustic Finale will wreck Magnus. pick up an early blink dagger and reliable stun plus escape and his ulti will come online quicker.

aggro trilane:

Skywrath Mage slows big early game damage and his magic amp/silence will wreck.
Wraith King reliable stun passive life steal and reincarnation to survive team fights.
Rubick .... Enough said

Solo safelane: Faceless Void ... current meta .. OP plus will make team fight clumpers like them food. synergy with sky and others too OP.

0-10 mins : kills galore

10-20 mins push push push till it over. gg wp

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » August 24, 2014 9:31pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

5-man deathball push strat against black hole and echo slam? You serious? :)

My strat relies on pushing down as many towers as quickly as humanly possible. So by the time they start hitting lvl 6; they lost most of their towers and map control. With Axe creep skipping; their dual lane will get shut down for xp and last hits. So no echo slam or AA Ult.

Their draft relies heavily on blink daggers for position and levels. Depriving them of last hit gold and xp pretty much puts them in a bad position.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 25, 2014 8:29am | Report
Yeah, because so many of them really needs levels, they are going to be starving for levels. You might want to pick level independent heroes, give your cores more farm.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved