Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Agh's On Lich, Does It Change That Much?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Agh's On Lich, Does It Change That Much? 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 11, 2014 8:52am | Report
So recently I played a Lich game that was just over 20 minutes. (Here if you wish to see it) Due to the shortness of the game I ended with 3 items; Tranquil Boots, a Mekansm, and Aghanim's Scepter. My question is, regarding Chain Frost, does Agh's really affect it that much? Sure, if all five enemies are standing in a nice circle and not moving then it's a team kill, but since that never happens and you only get off about the same number of bounces as regular Chain Frost, what are the benefits of an Agh's?

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 11, 2014 8:55am | Report
Well, there is the nice stats on aghs, but what the infinite bounces really change is it forces the enemies to split up and run, because if they stick around they will just be infinitely nuked. Also you can pull off that sweet trick of throwing aghs chain frost a couple of times onto an ancient camp, that poor sucker going to farm is going to have a nasty surprise when he gets back.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » August 11, 2014 8:57am | Report
Before the infinite bounce buff, it was mainly bought for those extra bounces and damage. Stats were a nice addition but if anyone but aghs for a reason, it was that. IMO, there is no point in getting AGHs anymore, there a good reason before but now it's even more pointless to buy. I'd rather get more mobility like Force Staff or survivability like Ghost Scepter.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 11, 2014 8:59am | Report
I guess it's more the threat of it bouncing infinitely... Why not go Veil?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » August 11, 2014 9:00am | Report
I think all our eyes lit up when we saw "unlimited damage". The big disadvantage of his ult was always that it could be chewed up by illusion heroes and minions and end up doing very little genuine damage. The Aghs upgrade helps a lot with that as it makes it much harder for enemies to keep fighting in a packed area as it will just keep going indefinitely, meaning they're going to have to hope for a lucky bounce away or split to try and get rid of it.

Think it helps fix a fault more than add tons of extra damage.

Of course, the ultimate scenario is always when the enemy team have been 5 man Black Hole'd/RP'd/Chrono'd and are tightly packed....so much pain! :)
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » August 11, 2014 9:18am | Report
It's one of those upgrades that looks crazy good on paper. Unlimited bounces makes you think of insta rampages, but it just depends on good casts like always. It's definitely a situational purchase now, but not a bad item. Definitely an option for your first big purchase.

Also fk u Mepo

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 11, 2014 9:30am | Report
It screws up illusion heroes who used to just not care, now they fear Lich.

It screws up Meepo so much that it makes NOtail ragequit.

It comboes with other teamfight skills like Chronosphere or Black Hole.

But indeed it's situational and if you do the math Veil of Discord does more damage actually.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 11, 2014 10:09am | Report
So the point of the Agh's is basically the stats and the thought of you having infinite bounces?

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » August 11, 2014 10:52am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

So the point of the Agh's is basically the stats and the thought of you having infinite bounces?

lol kind of. Unless you have perfect setup or the team is dumb, they'll scatter when you cast it, meaning you rarely reach the max bounces even with a limit. Infinite bounces is pretty much overkill imo. But as was mentioned, its really good against heroes with minions like Meepo, Chen, or any illusion hero.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 11, 2014 10:55am | Report
Orrrrr.... you put the ult on an ancient camp, the ult still bounces, but it doens't do damage. So it basically stays there forever (lag spike).

But let me ask this, is the CM aghs upgrade impressive? Not really, it increases the amount of damage only. But Lich's aghs upgrade adds a whole new thing to the ability, what other ults in the game have the possibility to last FOREVER?

Take that into consideration :p

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved