Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Agh's On Lich, Does It Change That Much?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Agh's On Lich, Does It Change That Much? 17 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » August 11, 2014 11:30am | Report
The Aghanim's Scepter upgrade on Lich doens't make Chain Frost a unlimited bounces ability on Ancients Creeps. When bounces are working under the fog of war, they disappear after like 50 seconds, so it's very limited. They fixed that just after the unlimited bounces upgrade was announced, because they thought it's just too stupid to get a kill like that. Stacking Chain Frost was just a dumb way to kill someone. I am glad it was fixed.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » August 11, 2014 11:56am | Report
Krwiozerca wrote:

The Aghanim's Scepter upgrade on Lich doens't make Chain Frost a unlimited bounces ability on Ancients Creeps. When bounces are working under the fog of war, they disappear after like 50 seconds, so it's very limited. They fixed that just after the unlimited bounces upgrade was announced, because they thought it's just too stupid to get a kill like that. Stacking Chain Frost was just a dumb way to kill someone. I am glad it was fixed.

I had a couple games where I would buy a blademail and get free kills over and over because somebody thought this was a good idea.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 11, 2014 12:58pm | Report
Krwiozerca wrote:

I never used it but I think it was pretty funny to watch. There were a few videos on youtube that used it, and plus, it was just a way to get kills, like you might use telekinesis to put someone on a cliff to get a kill.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 11, 2014 2:41pm | Report
Krwiozerca wrote:

So does that means if you had wards up to remove the Fog of War around the camp, it would still bounce infinitely?

Since, yes it's a silly way to kill someone, but it's still hilarious to pull off now and again.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by baloneyhambacon » August 19, 2014 7:49pm | Report
Before, teams could just tank up and get a pipe to counter lich ult. Now its guaranteed to have their positioning screwed up.

baloneyhambacon

Notable (2)
Steam: HamSandwich
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cataclysm2146 » August 19, 2014 8:28pm | Report
I think it combines well with heroes like storm because it forces them to spread out quite a bit, meaning you can have a great time killing supports that have to stay away from the rest of their team or die from the infinitley bouncing ult. Also, if your team has lots of lockdown it can do a lot of damage( Chronosphere, Black Hole, etc.)

Cataclysm2146

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Therapy » August 26, 2014 7:36am | Report
It's still good against a team with squishy heroes. Agh's Chain Frost increases the damage (not by much, but still). Depends on the way you play Lich though.

Therapy

Notable (4)
Steam: Therapy

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved