Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

abaddon good partner and bad enemies ?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » abaddon good partner and bad enemies ? 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by vagnox » June 9, 2014 8:05am | Report
As the title said, right now i'm curios which hero that could synergy well with Abaddon since i'm on progress to build more content to my Abaddon guide

As far as i know i only know two hero that counter Abaddon that Ancient Apparition and Axe. could anyone give me more suggestion which hero i should list next ??

vagnox

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » June 9, 2014 8:33am | Report
Good lane partners are agressive heroes that you can use in an agressive dual lane like weaver, huskar, bristleback or maybe even undying.
Other heroes that he has good synergy with are agressive heroes like slardar, ursa, axe, and again heroes like huskar, bristle and weaver.

The only other counters i can think off are heroes that can burst him down before his ultimate triggers.
So heroes with potential high crits like phantom assasin and ember spirit. High nukes like finger of death and laguna blade and maybe tiny's avalanch toss combo, but im not sure if that works.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » June 9, 2014 8:48am | Report
Others who counter Abaddon are Lina and Lion. If Abaddon doesn't activate Borrowed Time before Lina or Lion cast Laguna Blade and Finger of Death he will die. But on the other hand if Abaddon has Borrowed Time activated and Lina or Lion cast ulty he will heal and not die.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 9, 2014 9:23am | Report
There's always the infamous Legion Commander + Abaddon Lane. If you don't Stun them both simultaneously, the one who doesn't get Stunned can remove the Stun from the Stunned one...if you catch my drift ;{)

Seriously though, good allies as Timm said are ones that can make use of the Damage Block and Heal early on, but can still benefit from Stun removal later on (especially those that don't really want a BKB), e.g. Bristleback, Huskar, Axe, Centaur Warrunner , etc.

As for enemies, Doom is the top of the list (yes, the skill, not the Hero 8{3 ). He's also pretty useless if you Silence him.

Personally though, as a Support Abaddon, the Hero I'd hate playing most against (and the Hero I loved playing most when Abaddon came out 8{3 ) would have to be Bane. Nightmare basically wastes Borrowed Time (providing the rest of your Team aren't..."special") and it still leaves him with Fiend's Grip for the important targets

Most people would add Lion or Lina or anything that can deal more than 400 Damage to him, but since Borrowed Time can be manually activated, this is only a problem for lower skilled players...worth a mention, but not a real counter.

Edit: By the Gods, F.E.A.R! Don't sneak up in front of me like that! D{8

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » June 9, 2014 11:12am | Report
Abaddon and Templar Assassin is insane.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by tracc » June 23, 2014 11:34pm | Report
Abaddon and Slark is absolutely incredible, i accidently had this lineup in one game and we completely and utterly destroyed everyone that tried to attack/gank/lane us.
Slarks self dmg will trigger the shield, the enemy cant run away because of his leash and your slow/ats increase passive makes slark a beast. Adittionally slark will regenerate fast so he can gank/tank 24/7.
incredibly powerfull and hard to counter (slark can remove disables wirh his q and you can remove more disables with your w and ... unstoppable :))
edit: when you have Arcane Boots its even more of a carnage.

tracc

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » June 24, 2014 5:33am | Report
Mainly should be picked for the stun removal. He's good with anyone who wants to dive towers early, but I'd argue that if you didn't specifically need stun removal, Dazzle is better almost every time.

Countering Abbadon shouldn't be focused on killing the hero - as a support, he's not enough of a threat to justify specific picks, and if he's carry, make it a farm race. Instead, take advantage of what he doesn't offer - mainly early ganking. Especially at mid, knowing support rotations aren't going to be a major factor means you can comfortably pick that tinker/invoker/SF/naga mid and just let them AFK farm 15-20 minutes, since you probably can't kill the carry anyway with an Abba hovering around him.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ReAlChemist » June 30, 2014 4:28am | Report
Counters

Hero's with unpurgable silences: Riki, Disruptor, Bloodseeker

Hero's with disables that can't be dispelled: Terrorblade, Kunkka (x-marks), Slark, Disruptor, Viper

Hero's with non damaging disables: Brewmaster, Shadow Demon, Outworld Devourer

Others: Doom, Ancient Apparition (ice blast)

Allies

Heroes with strong dispels: Legion Commander, Oracle*

Evasive Heroes: Puck, Weaver, Slark, Anti-Mage, Queen of Pain, Morphling, Storm Spirit, Ember Spirit, Phantom Assassin

Self-Damage Nukers: Slark, Pudge, Centaur Warrunner , Huskar

*Fun fact: If Oracle uses level 4 Purifying Flames on an Abaddon with Borrowed Time going, he will be healed for exactly 666 HP.

ReAlChemist

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » July 2, 2014 9:44am | Report
Abaddon is a pain in the *** probably most with Slark and Weaver, as well as Bristleback, Aphotic Shield makes them damn near unmanageable in the early game. Generally, when considering allies for him that can abuse his Aphotic Shield, think about heroes that thrive on being aggressive, and have solid killing potential early on, most of the posts preceding mine outlined most. Huskar can seriously abuse Aphotic Shield especially after he levels Life Break, same with Centaur Warrunner and Axe. Centaur with Double Edge axe with call, as well as any other initiator.

Countering Abaddon is easy if you're only concerned with Borrowed Time. Hex from Lion or Shadow Shaman are great, contributing no damage and disabling him from healing or purging allies. Shadow Demon is another one as well as Bane ( Disruption and Nightmare. I'd worry more about his skills other than Borrowed Time in general, he can slow you to a crawl, purge debuffs, stuns, and a plethora of other disables, and heal/nuke. Your best bet are supports that can take him out of the fight entirely like the aforementioned supports.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » July 2, 2014 2:32pm | Report
Don't forget Necrophos! He's even more dangerous than Axe, because as soon as you're under half health he can ult you, giving you no chance to even use yours.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved