Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A Scepter for a Sniper?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » A Scepter for a Sniper? 16 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

If Sniper's ultimate were to get a scepter upgrade, what would you want it to be?
Upgraded Damage and/or Reduced mana cost
Be able to bypass magic immunity
Have the damage be dealt as pure damage
Have the cooldown reset if target is killed by ultimate (like culling blade)
Projectile cannot be disjointed
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » November 3, 2014 10:40am | Report
So I was goofing around with items builds on Sniper and it got me thinking, why isn't there an Aghanim's Scepter upgrade for Assassinate? Let's face it, Assassinate in its current state, is rather underwhelming when compared to ultimate nukes like Finger of Death, Laguna Blade and even Thundergod's Wrath. The thing is, Assassinate should be a neat ultimate, Sniper locks on, makes a cool gun sound and then... you hit the target for a little under 500 damage... at its MAX LEVEL. So, tell me if you agree that Assassinate needs a little upgrading and if so, what do you think needs to be changed? If you disagree, explain why you think this mediocre nuke of an ultimate is fine as is.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 3, 2014 11:22am | Report
MINIGUN MODE NO COOLDOWN AND NO ANIMATION!!!

ok seriousmode now, what sniper does is rightclick, a lot, so the reason he doesnt have one is the same reason drow and antimage dont have 1 either. they want to attack and scepter gives **** stats unless you want some HP along with a nice utility ultimate.

couple that with the most boring active ultimate in the game, that has almost no utility, what are you gonna buff?

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » November 3, 2014 11:33am | Report
I think he just needs a rework/new ult more than a scepter upgrade.

As has been said a lot on this site, Sniper would be much cooler if he was skillshot based. Maybe make his ult a projectile that travels on a fixed path like Windranger's Powershot, but have it deal pure damage or apply a slow/ministun to everyone it hits. Then he would have a nuke with a slow that allows him to chase and clean up with his right-click.

Idk, just rambling mostly, but there's so much more to do with Sniper than just give him an ult stick, I feel.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » November 3, 2014 11:42am | Report
Frankly, I'd settle for anything that can allow him to be something other a derpy pub-stomp hero

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 3, 2014 12:17pm | Report
Fedorable wrote:

Frankly, I'd settle for anything that can allow him to be something other a derpy pub-stomp hero

he needs a rework for that.
right now he just stomps trench pubs and is too bad for high level games.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jamesShajam » November 3, 2014 12:34pm | Report
You need a 'none of the above' option.
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

jamesShajam

Notable (5)
Steam: ShaJam
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 3, 2014 1:50pm | Report
Aghanim's Scepter reworks Sniper into a hero who is actually fun and well-designed.

Q : Shrapnel

W : Powershot

E : Sun Strike

R : Ice Blast.

That's a real sniper.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » November 3, 2014 2:06pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Aghanim's Scepter reworks Sniper into a hero who is actually fun and well-designed.

Q : Shrapnel

W : Powershot

E : Sun Strike

R : Ice Blast.

That's a real sniper.

I gotta agree with this. All of these are snipe skills.

Sidenote about Ice Blast: The first time I played AA I didn't realize that I had to shoot my ult and then hit again to select where to break, so I was shooting it off somewhere and was like "Why the hell is my ulti not killing anything?"

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » November 3, 2014 7:28pm | Report
Well, yeah, I think he needs to be changed completely, like Bloodseeker or Phantom Lancer. I think giving his attacks a target point (skillshot) would actually be fun, and the ultimate... just... change it please.

Oh! I did something like that with a sniper themed hero, here. If any of you is interested, go ahead and check :p
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 3, 2014 8:18pm | Report
i think he should have a skill shot i would retain sharpnel.

i would merge take aim and headshot.

i would give him a point target skill

and his ulti i feel should be like a real sniper.
the closer they are the less time it takes for him to shoot but the greater percentage to miss they have.

the longer away he is the longer it takes to shoot but the more potential damage he can do. something like.

Assasinate

sniper sets up his rifle for a kill taking his time and making sure the shot counts.

enemies targeted within a radius of 500 :
25% chance to miss.
no set up time.
deals 200/300/400 damage
150% crit on the damage.
8% chance to crit

enemies within 1000 radius :
18% chance to miss
1.5 second charge time
deals 250/350/450
160%crit
16% to crit

enemies within 1800 radius:
8% chance to miss
3 second charge time.
deals 300/400/500 damage
175% crit
23% to crit.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved