Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.82 Incoming...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » 6.82 Incoming... 43 posts - page 1 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » August 25, 2014 8:45am | Report
So 6.82 is likely going to be released in the next day or two. What do you guys expect it to contain? Obviously we know that Techies will be there, old news. I'm more interested in post TI buffs and nerfs.

As for buffs, I feel like Kunkka needs one. Lower mana cost for his Q maybe. I feel like Void needs nerfing. At the very least, make Backtrack work like other evasion so MKB can counter it. Doom, as much as I love him, is the most OP hero in captain's mode right now. We saw in TI how useful he is, and he has kind of taken over for Batrider as the MVP of single target disabling due to his ability to farm so ridiculously well. I think Terrorblade is the most OP hero overall right now. Needs a higher cooldown on his illusions, imo, and possibly a higher cooldown on Sunder. I expect Earth Spirit and Phoenix will receive some balancing changes but I honestly have no idea what they will be. I hope ES gets put in CM soon though, because I'm ready to see some pro play with him.

Those are just a few ideas I had. I have no clue what Valve has going on, but I think these are pretty likely. What are your hopes/thoughts/expectations?

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 25, 2014 9:05am | Report
Honestly, don't know whether it will happen but I really want Crystal Maiden to get a buff. She is bad in all respects and even I have come to notice this now. She has terrible stats, none of them are good, in comparison to a hero like Lina who has about 27 starting int or something. She has appalling move speed, terrible armour, rubbish attack damage and an animation which is even worse. She has a really low mana pool for an int hero, and even has bad mana problems early game due to the ludicrous mana cost of her ult. I really want cm to get a buff, doubt it will happen. But who knows?

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » August 25, 2014 9:16am | Report
Yeah, CM is really unbalanced imo. Idk if that means she'll be getting a buff, though, because she's been around for sooo long.

Needs:
Better speed
Better armor
Better starting stats and growth
Buff to Q. It falls off in the mid game and you need to level other skills first in the early game, meaning you hardly use it when it's useful.

Her Agh's upgrade could be something more useful to her, giving her some kind of pseudo-invulnerability during her ult channel. Something like Snow Shield which shrouds her in the snow, gives damage resistance, and blocks spell effects? Might be OP, but she needs SOMETHING.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 25, 2014 10:02am | Report
I suppose the nerf to Chronoshpere is going to be the most necessary, since the only reason he's being Picked so much is because of how Chrono synergises with most Deathball Heroes. Perhaps make it so that damage from his allies is less effective under Chrono, e.g. 30% less Damage from all sources other than Void?

The Buff I'm really hoping for is Ogre Magi though. Increase the Stun Duration of Fireblast to 2.0 seconds pls Icefrog. If Ogre's early game is buffed just enough that he can compare to Roaming Support Wraith King, he can actually become a strong Pick.
Fumbles16x wrote:

As for buffs, I feel like Kunkka needs one. Lower mana cost for his Q maybe.

I'd rather see an X Marks the Spot Buff to 2.5/3/3.5/4 (5/6/7/8 for allies) second Duration. Suddenly you only need 1 point in X-Mark to be able to land comboes, meaning you can Max Torrent by 7 or 10 depending on whether you're a Support or a Core. It would even allow for bigger Tower Dives at lvl1! 8{D

...probably OP though ._.
Fumbles16x wrote:

I hope ES gets put in CM soon though, because I'm ready to see some pro play with him.

You complain about the same Heroes being picked constantly...and yet you want to see ES brought into Captain's mode? 8{3

100% Ban/Pick rate incoming! X{D
Fumbles16x wrote:

Those are just a few ideas I had. I have no clue what Valve has going on, but I think these are pretty likely. What are your hopes/thoughts/expectations?

Valve don't balance the game, Icefrog does. X{D
Bunkansee wrote:

Honestly, don't know whether it will happen but I really want Crystal Maiden to get a buff. She is bad in all respects and even I have come to notice this now. She has terrible stats, none of them are good, in comparison to a hero like Lina who has about 27 starting int or something. She has appalling move speed, terrible armour, rubbish attack damage and an animation which is even worse. She has a really low mana pool for an int hero, and even has bad mana problems early game due to the ludicrous mana cost of her ult. I really want cm to get a buff, doubt it will happen. But who knows?

The thing about CM is, she was very popular until she got a -4 starting Int nerf, she was highly effective until she could no longer chain Crystal Nova and Frostbite at lvl2, it should only take 1 small Buff to bring her back again.
Fumbles16x wrote:

Buff to Q. It falls off in the mid game and you need to level other skills first in the early game, meaning you hardly use it when it's useful.

Actually, you should always Max Crystal Nova 1st, usually by lvl7. Frostbite is nice, but it's a lot easier to deal with as so many Heroes can simply Purge it and run away, it doesn't even scale very well in Terms of Damage, a 2nd point at lvl4 is nice since you won't be getting your Ult. You can always leave Arcane Aura till last with 1 point in it at lvl2 or 3, maybe a 2nd point at 4 if you have a particularly Mana Hungry ally like Storm Spirit or Timbersaw.

A Buff to her Movement Speed would be good though.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 25, 2014 10:18am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

A Buff to her Movement Speed would be good though.

Yeah, all squishies are balanced to have high movespeed.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mercynary5 » August 25, 2014 10:45am | Report
Heroes like Crystal Maiden needs a buff as I missed her so much T_T it's so boring to just see Rubick, Shadow Demon and Shadow Shaman stays useful all the time. Also I think it's not necessary to nerf strong heroes, buffing all heroes can be a good idea so it won't screw the game and the meta from ti3 again. And another of my opinions, I don't think adding or subtracting mana costs can change the game, just pressing one skill that is recently changed can change the teamfight.

Xyrus's idea is great, allowing void to hit them all by himself, any damage that went inside chromosphere will not work, but ths is also an advantages if the enemies get stucked in by mistake but won't be affected too. This would be eally nice patch or Faceless Void so he won't cheat as a cheap hero. And at last, magic immunity in so he won't disabled in? That would be pretty strong.

Anyway I just can't wait to play Techies and unharmed patch. that's all I need.
Spoiler: Click to view

Mercynary5

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Therapy » August 25, 2014 10:55am | Report
Nerf Faceless Void and Juggernaut, and buff Crystal Maiden. Void and Juggernaut are unstoppable if one gets MoM and other Aghanim's. Void needs a modified Backtrack, nothing counters it, literally. Juggernaut needs a nerf on Healing Ward and Blade Fury. Ult is fine, even though Aghanim's makes him OP, it could be solved by nerfing the ward, so he doesn't freaking heal every minute back to full HP and Blade Fury needs a shorter duration, by like 1.25 seconds, as he can just ult and run away. But that's my opinion. And everything on CM is already covered, so yeah

Therapy

Notable (4)
Steam: Therapy
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 25, 2014 10:59am | Report
I want the deathball to be nerfed. Heroes like viper, void and razor arent that insanly good IMO, i still think batrider is top 3 heroes with lycan and doom, but they are just really popular in the current slowpush/deathball meta.

For heroes i would like to see cool agressive heroes like slardar get buffs.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mercynary5 » August 25, 2014 11:04am | Report
Therapy wrote:

Nerf Faceless Void and Juggernaut, and buff Crystal Maiden. Void and Juggernaut are unstoppable if one gets MoM and other Aghanim's. Void needs a modified Backtrack, nothing counters it, literally. Juggernaut needs a nerf on Healing Ward and Blade Fury. Ult is fine, even though Aghanim's makes him OP, it could be solved by nerfing the ward, so he doesn't freaking heal every minute back to full HP and Blade Fury needs a shorter duration, by like 1.25 seconds, as he can just ult and run away. But that's my opinion. And everything on CM is already covered, so yeah

What is his name.. is juggernaut, so he can heal himself with his low hp pool. He did not even appeared in ti4, just try Ghost Scepter and you will be immune to his utlimate spell for no problem. He will be weak in late game so don't worry if you trying to counter him.

Pm me if you have any questions and I can help you.
Spoiler: Click to view

Mercynary5

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 25, 2014 12:00pm | Report
How would people go about dealing with the off-lane Void nerf wise? Since it's primarily there for the combo's you get with Chronosphere from stuff like Mystic Flare and Exorcism, so how would you change it to balance it out?

If you are trying to deal with that whole playstyle, you wouldn't just deal with Backtrack, since the issue isn't Backtrack. I mean, you could go for something like make it so things caught in Chronosphere can only take damage from Void? Granted it won't be so extreme as that, but it'll probably be similar to that.

Other things that I could see happen is changes to Static Link to make it slightly easier to break. Like say Blinking or Puck using Phase Shift breaks the link, or something on those lines.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved