Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.82 Incoming...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » 6.82 Incoming... 43 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » August 26, 2014 11:53am | Report
I stand by Doom being the most OP hero available right now. I think that they need to cut his ability to farm so quickly so that he moves into more of a tanky support role. Shadow Shaman's abilities are sort of OP, but he's pretty balanced due to how crazy slow and squishy he is. He's great, but dependent on team comp I think.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 26, 2014 1:20pm | Report
Fumbles16x wrote:

I stand by Doom being the most OP hero available right now. I think that they need to cut his ability to farm so quickly so that he moves into more of a tanky support role. Shadow Shaman's abilities are sort of OP, but he's pretty balanced due to how crazy slow and squishy he is. He's great, but dependent on team comp I think.

I would say he is second after lycan. Even though im a horrible doom.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mercynary5 » August 26, 2014 2:16pm | Report
Fumbles16x wrote:

All of his spells needs a close range. Honestly I'm going to make a lines around him now. Everyone are a team dependent.

It's not op after he doesn't have any mana by just casting 3 op spells plus close range, right? The only thing I been thinking about is his serpent ward level 1 mana cost, 200. Just think about it, that's really cheap since early serpent wards can do much damage than late game approaches without Aghanim's Scepter too, so imo just increase his mana cost like 250 and leave the 600 mana cost alone, So he won't stay useful as other support hero like Bane and Ancient Apparition. Nerfing his other spells while his abilities haven't used alot at ti3, is just a wrong idea especially nerfing other heroes because if you compared all of his spells, it's so hard to cast it while you get to closer to be effective ganker as he is also heavily experienced dependent.

Anyway thanks for sharing with my thoughts!
Spoiler: Click to view

Mercynary5

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » August 26, 2014 4:35pm | Report
What about Windranger ? does she deserve´s a buff or she is balanced?

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 26, 2014 4:58pm | Report
YellulzQuiet wrote:

What about Windranger ? does she deserve´s a buff or she is balanced?

Wind is a pretty good hero, the thing is just that she doesnt have a specific role, so there is never a situation where you think: 'yes we need a windranger'.

Scythe/first departure's Meracle has been playing a really good windranger lately though. He gets mealstrom and other damage items for focus fire and then gets a really late shadow blade to wreack havoc across the map and solokill everyone.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 26, 2014 5:01pm | Report
Shadow Shaman gets balanced out by the fact he has a terrible move speed and range on his attacks, as well as short range on his abilities means till he gets up a mobility option he struggles compared to other disabling supports. Being Squishy is another component of that for sure.

He's also remarkably mana intensive at early levels, which matters when your ultimate costs 200 mana a pop. To put it in context - At level 6 Rasta has 507 mana if I've done that calculation right? Now, assume you went 3 points into Ether Shock, 1 into Shackles, and 1 into Hex (Most common build I wind up doing in game, might be really bad, but it works for me).

The total mana required to use each of Shadow Shaman's abilities in a teamfight (Which is by no mans uncommon) is 135 + 110 + 110 +200. Which equals = 555 mana. A full 48 more than he actually has in his pool. (This actually the least mana intensive early build of Shadow Shaman as well, since 1,3,1 is 575, 1,1,3 is 560, 1,2,2 is 565). As you can see even if you build a Magic Wand to boost your mana pool to 546, it's still to short. And whilst factoring Mana Regen in you probably do have enough mana, this is under the assumption he has full mana before this situation.

So until you get Arcane Boots, you are very mana intensive. And Arcane Boots are not a guarantee for a support before it hits level 6, especially since it is the tower kills given Mass Serpent Wards that often finishes them off.

200 mana is fair given his mana restrictions as a result, despite how powerful the wards are in early pushes. (At least that's my opinions on it)

OT: How do people think they will nerf Lycan then? I'm curious because I imagine it'll be more complex than just nerfing one of his abilities.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 26, 2014 5:01pm | Report
Shadow Shaman gets balanced out by the fact he has a terrible move speed and range on his attacks, as well as short range on his abilities means till he gets up a mobility option he struggles compared to other disabling supports. Being Squishy is another component of that for sure.

He's also remarkably mana intensive at early levels, which matters when your ultimate costs 200 mana a pop. To put it in context - At level 6 Rasta has 507 mana if I've done that calculation right? Now, assume you went 3 points into Ether Shock, 1 into Shackles, and 1 into Hex (Most common build I wind up doing in game, might be really bad, but it works for me).

The total mana required to use each of Shadow Shaman's abilities in a teamfight (Which is by no mans uncommon) is 135 + 110 + 110 +200. Which equals = 555 mana. A full 48 more than he actually has in his pool. (This actually the least mana intensive early build of Shadow Shaman as well, since 1,3,1 is 575, 1,1,3 is 560, 1,2,2 is 565). As you can see even if you build a Magic Wand to boost your mana pool to 546, it's still to short. And whilst factoring Mana Regen in you probably do have enough mana, this is under the assumption he has full mana before this situation.

So until you get Arcane Boots, you are very mana intensive. And Arcane Boots are not a guarantee for a support before it hits level 6, especially since it is the tower kills given Mass Serpent Wards that often finishes them off.

200 mana is fair given his mana restrictions as a result, despite how powerful the wards are in early pushes. (At least that's my opinions on it)

OT: How do people think they will nerf Lycan then? I'm curious because I imagine it'll be more complex than just nerfing one of his abilities.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » August 26, 2014 6:44pm | Report
Only heroes that really need nerfs are Doom (I'm hoping for either INT nerf or higher manacosts, basically to make manaboots a requirement), and Lycan (probably a nerf to Howl damage and less uptime on Shapeshift.

Shadow shaman is pretty strong, and I could see him getting nerfs to INT/mana costs. I play him a lot, 99% buy blink before arcanes, and rarely have mana issues. Hopefully his movespeed stays intact.

Windranger will probably get another ulti buff, she's fine but she needs something to make her worth picking over Mirana.

We'll probably also see nerfs to void, viper, razor, just for the sake of changing the meta.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mercynary5 » August 27, 2014 12:28am | Report

Only heroes that really need nerfs are Doom (I'm hoping for either INT nerf or higher manacosts, basically to make manaboots a requirement), and Lycan (probably a nerf to Howl damage and less uptime on Shapeshift.

Shadow shaman is pretty strong, and I could see him getting nerfs to INT/mana costs. I play him a lot, 99% buy blink before arcanes, and rarely have mana issues. Hopefully his movespeed stays intact.

Windranger will probably get another ulti buff, she's fine but she needs something to make her worth picking over Mirana.

We'll probably also see nerfs to void, viper, razor, just for the sake of changing the meta.

Yeah and he shouldn't be played as hard support, his abilities are really xps dependent so nerfing to his mana pool is not a good idea. I'm only thinking about his mass serpent ward, that thing just make 10 minions and hits tower pretty powerful, only nerf this by increasing mana cost so he won't played as hard support again with the deathball strats.

Rhasta is just lucky to win many ti4 games where Na'vi and Alliance the most popular team aren't playing realistic, they could have defeat Shadow Shaman and Razor anytime soon.
The only solution is just buffs other and leave the attended heroes from ti4. Just think for an example, Pugna could have stepped on ti4 against Shadow Shaman and Skywrath Mage.

[quote=Sanvitch
(Most common build I wind up doing in game, might be really bad, but it works for me).[/quote]

You should always max ether shcok even as hard support. It's not bad.
Spoiler: Click to view

Mercynary5

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » August 28, 2014 3:36am | Report
I think voids chrono-sphere should be buffed Wait wait hear me out, I think it should enable him to walk over UN-passable terrain, also all that stuff about reducing damage from other sources sounds like a good idea.

As for wind ranger *cough cough* runner she is just like venge, they are OP or under powered, they are just nice heroes that fir well into lineups, they are just....there.

skywrath mage doesn't need nerf, go away

Shadow shaman needs a movement speed nerf I think, but that's it. Its far to easy to get off these lvl 1 shackles into first blood with his speed.
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved