Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting Crap on Other Threads)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting Crap on Other Threads) 1440 posts - page 103 of 144
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 11, 2016 12:02pm | Report
Diffusal is almost never a core item, but then it's almost never a bad pickup either. You can buy it on a ton of AGI heroes just for the slow and agility bonus. It's like saying Abyssal Blade needs buffs because it's not a core part of any hero.

Actually, I figured out that Spectre the way they build her now is not that scared of Silver Edge at all, because she is built with focus on early-mid game, solo and teamfight pickoffs(rather than Dispersion tanking) and an ability to evade opponents with Silver with Haunt - good Spectre players take advantage of bad enemy positioning and when you see your slightly out-of-position CM get jumped and torn apart with Desolate during teamfight it may be too late.

Still no reason to not buy it should the game go late enough or vs an old build Spectre.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » March 11, 2016 12:11pm | Report
I'm going to be doing another patch notes blog post, probably over the weekend, but since we're talking about it here: Shadow Demon. A small buff to Disruption would be great. Maybe have it do 20 damage just so it cancels blink, and perhaps even automatically put a stack of Shadow Poison? Could be some good stuff.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 11, 2016 12:11pm | Report
Well, yeah sure, but did anything change about the early fighting Spectre in the last year? No. Only significant change she got during that time is a change to her passive.

I was playing urn/diffu Spec almost 2 years ago in the Void patch...and then it was actually even better! Don't forget that before diffusal 2 was 36 mana burned, instead of the current 25, and haunt did more damage as well. So diffusal Spec is actually weaker than it was 2 years ago.

I get your points guys...but seriously, I don't see a single argument for needing a nerf.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » March 11, 2016 12:14pm | Report
Meh. She is like Windrunner.
people like to flame about her op-ness but she isn't actually that broken.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 11, 2016 12:24pm | Report
@Safecyn : Disruption already cancels blinks because you cast Shadow Poison on the disrupted target just after, and poison deals 50 on-hit damage through it. Giving a free poison stack sounds nice but it's probably OP, after all it reduces by 2.5 seconds the time you need to get 5 poison stacks on a hero...that's really, really good.

I still think SD could use a small buff. Pick one between :

- Demonic Purge mana cost reduced from 200 to 100/125/150
(his mana issues are way too big, especially at level 6)

- soul catcher AOE reduced from 450 to 300
(makes it actually usable in teamfights. Seriously that stuff is way too random)

- Base armor increased by 2.5
OR strength gain increased from 1.9 to 2.3
(too squishy. Has the record of highest feed in several tournaments)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » March 11, 2016 12:28pm | Report
I hardly think spec is broken, she's just very good at what she does, and is perfect for pubs, because of the sheer overpowering might in the lategame, while still being able to take part in early fights. If she has a bad lane, she can catch up with haunts, and as long as ypu make it to the lategame with all your rax intact and the enemy doesn't have a rat oriented team, you have a very high chance of winning

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 11, 2016 12:50pm | Report
Never said Spectre needs a nerf, just wanted to point out that Silver isn't a panacea. Nothing is, really, there is no way you stop her from killing your support should they happen to be out of position, or even worse - alone.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » March 11, 2016 12:52pm | Report
Source 3 will fix

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » March 11, 2016 12:54pm | Report
The game itself favours the fighting Spectre more than it did two or 3 patches ago. Three patches we were in 6.83 where getting early advantage was bad, 6.84 was stacks, stacks, stacks, and 6.85 was just weird. That's a buff even if the hero hasn't changed that much. Because even if a build works on a hero, it doesn't mean the hero suits the enviorment it's in.

I also don't think the hero needs a nerf, I could just see one happening. An incredibly minor one, and I'd personally love it to be on Diffusal Blade, but still.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » March 11, 2016 4:26pm | Report

GUys, I think its time that ocefrog does it:
Aegis respawn should refresh all non-ult abilities and item active cooldowns.

Do you really want to catapult Terrorblade to the most overpowered hero in Dota again? We've just reefed him out of the dumpster. Please don't give the frog a reason to put him back in it.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved