Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Wanting to be a better WR

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Wanting to be a better WR 33 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by siktastic » May 25, 2014 3:47pm | Report
alright ihave played the game for about 50 hours. i get the jist of how to play my character and the builds to run; but i cant seem to get it going or i feel im building too slow. i just want some pointers from other "seasoned" players who can help me our or play with me and tell me my mistakes. i want level my game up to the point where im playing on a team and such. all help is welcomed

steam name: siktastic

siktastic

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » May 25, 2014 4:02pm | Report
if you are in a farming roll, aim for ~50 last hits per 10 min.

If you are support, do not under any circumstance steal farm from an allied player.

Build the items you need for a game, even if it seams wrong, like a BKB on life stealer, sometimes you just need it.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by siktastic » May 25, 2014 4:57pm | Report
it is hard to tell what some of these people are going to do because they never talk

siktastic

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » May 25, 2014 5:33pm | Report
Make an effort to communicate with them, i play solo ranked some times, and each time i have great communication with my team because i make an effort. You can also try to get people you know IRL to play the game and then use skype.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by siktastic » May 25, 2014 6:44pm | Report
i do... usually its a bunch of trolls or just people who think they are too good to talk it out. maybe getting more friends would make a difference

siktastic

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 26, 2014 12:27am | Report
I'll coach you if I can in a couple of days, add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fleetau/
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 26, 2014 2:45am | Report
Is there anything in particular you are having trouble with? i.e. landing Shackle shot and/or Power shot?
mastadoom wrote:

if you are in a farming roll, aim for ~50 last hits per 10 min.

My theory is, if you're Mid, you want 22 out of 33 Creeps by around 5:00 (that's roughly how long it takes to clear the 9th Wave). Since there's 227 Exp (62 * 3 + 41) and 177 Gold (43 * 3 + 48) in each Wave, you'll have nearly reached lvl6 (2000 Exp) and have earned roughly 1562 Gold by that point, enough for your Bottle, Phase Boots and Magic Stick/ Magic Wand.

Around this time, you can start to think about Ganking, but don't go Gank because you have to, do it when you're confident you can get a Kill or at least make something good happen. In some games, it's better to stay put in lane, and just Push your own Tower, this may not net you a Tower, but if it doesn't, it will probably draw some Aggro from the other Lanes, giving the rest of your Team an easier time.

When playing Solo Offlane, consider buying a Bottle, especially if you're Mid doesn't, it'll help you stay in Lane, and is great if you can pick up Runes for Ganking.

Generally, stay waaay back when you're outnumbered, but if you're sure the Supports are nowhere nearby, make sure to go up and smack the Carry, make him cry for his Supports. This'll keep the attention focused on you and away from your Carry and Mid.

When Supporting, do everything you can to ensure your Carry gets ahead of the opposing Offlane, if there's only 1 person there and your Carry has thesameora higher level, consider leaving them there and go Gank something. If you're successful, you can easily secure a good lead for your Team.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by siktastic » May 26, 2014 11:13am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Is there anything in particular you are having trouble with? i.e. landing Shackle shot and/or Power shot?

My theory is, if you're Mid, you want 22 out of 33 Creeps by around 5:00 (that's roughly how long it takes to clear the 9th Wave). Since there's 227 Exp (62 * 3 + 41) and 177 Gold (43 * 3 + 48) in each Wave, you'll have nearly reached lvl6 (2000 Exp) and have earned roughly 1562 Gold by that point, enough for your Bottle, Phase Boots and Magic Stick/ Magic Wand.

Around this time, you can start to think about Ganking, but don't go Gank because you have to, do it when you're confident you can get a Kill or at least make something good happen. In some games, it's better to stay put in lane, and just Push your own Tower, this may not net you a Tower, but if it doesn't, it will probably draw some Aggro from the other Lanes, giving the rest of your Team an easier time.

When playing Solo Offlane, consider buying a Bottle, especially if you're Mid doesn't, it'll help you stay in Lane, and is great if you can pick up Runes for Ganking.

Generally, stay waaay back when you're outnumbered, but if you're sure the Supports are nowhere nearby, make sure to go up and smack the Carry, make him cry for his Supports. This'll keep the attention focused on you and away from your Carry and Mid.

When Supporting, do everything you can to ensure your Carry gets ahead of the opposing Offlane, if there's only 1 person there and your Carry has thesameora higher level, consider leaving them there and go Gank something. If you're successful, you can easily secure a good lead for your Team.

i guess shackleshot is sort of an issue i seem to hit thehero but misjudge the distance from another creep to catch both. i never really run a mid usually a support by getting meck for the group and whatnot. i never considered a bottle as WR before so i might try it out

siktastic

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 26, 2014 12:26pm | Report
siktastic wrote:

i guess shackleshot is sort of an issue i seem to hit thehero but misjudge the distance from another creep to catch both. i never really run a mid usually a support by getting meck for the group and whatnot. i never considered a bottle as WR before so i might try it out

I wouldn't recommend Bottle on a Support, but it's great on a Mid or Offlaner. Mekansm is usually a good Item on a Support Windranger.

Btw, a great Item for landing good Shackleshots is Blink Dagger. If someone else is buying the Mekansm (or after the Mek), I'd recommend this, being able to lock down 2 Heroes instantly from whatever angle you need is always great in Teamfights.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by siktastic » May 26, 2014 12:36pm | Report
i usually use in7 gankers build guide for my WR. If im running a semi-carry should i be using mjollnir over everything else because of its lighning ability?

siktastic

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved