Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need tips on Doom

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Need tips on Doom 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wackyshadow » March 13, 2014 4:19pm | Report
Hey guys,

I've been learning how to play Doom. So far, I'm a bit slow with Doom. He is not farming fast enough as I hoped. I know you suppose to get hand of midas as soon as possible, but i still lack that "punch". If somebody can give me hints as to "what to devour first" or item build. I've checked a lot of guides for item builds so i'm not too concern there, but i will accept all tips anyway.

(I play only Jungle Doom)

My item build (in order):

Starting: Tango Stout Shield Quelling Blade

Rest of Game:
Ring of Basilius, Hand of Midas, Phase Boots, Black King Bar, Assault Cuirass
May Dota be forever part of your life.

wackyshadow

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » March 13, 2014 5:34pm | Report
I've found that Devouring the biggest creep works best. You get their abilities and don't have to worry about having to kill them quickly. Pretty much, you want to rush your Midas asap. Seeing that a jungle Doom will fall behind in levels without it.

I prefer devouring Alpha Wolves for the crit chance when it comes to jungling. Although the Centaur stop and ursa clap are also good. Yet, if a lane gets pushed, I would go for the big bird for his tornado spell. The tornado works decently at counter pushing. If you are able to get a troll warlord mid to late game. It would be best to keep his abilities. The troll trap is easy CC and the army of the dead is cheap pushing power.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 13, 2014 5:54pm | Report
Dont always get midas. Doom already contributes very little early game, and getting a midas only delays that.
Look at the enemy heroes and the way that they are playing.
If they can go agressive early you need to get early phase or arcane mek to help your team.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » March 13, 2014 5:57pm | Report
Yes it's always best to get Hand of Midas on Doom Bringer. And devouring the wolves are the best.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » March 13, 2014 7:43pm | Report
Always try to devour a Satyr 1st (the pink things that shoot balls at you). Their Passive Regen is excellent early on and you won't be as reliant on Scorched Earth with it. Not to mention, while the Nuke is weak, it's still great for low level Ganks.

As for what to build 1st...
Timminatorr wrote:

Dont always get midas. Doom already contributes very little early game, and getting a midas only delays that.
Look at the enemy heroes and the way that they are playing.
If they can go agressive early you need to get early phase or arcane mek to help your team.

This! ^ but I'd also recommend trying a Bottle early on so you have the Mana and HP to get more aggressive abilities like the Satyr Stomp, or the Harpy Chain Lightning. Just make sure it's the right time and situation fo a Bottle though, this'll probably only work with a coordinated team tbh.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wackyshadow » March 13, 2014 7:57pm | Report
Yea, the wolves are nice to to devour, but should it be the first creep that i devour? Should i mainly use that aura to jungle rather than the bird's Toughness aura in the beginning?

wackyshadow

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by saifthedestroyer » March 13, 2014 8:02pm | Report
In the early game when you start jungling DO NOT get an alpha wolf like some people said as doom doesnt lack damage to jungle he lacks survivability, so either you get a satyr like xyrus said or you get the big bird which gives armor. Also midas isnt always good on doom like i usually get arcane, mek, shivas, BKB, AC, and blink dagger. Also centaur is amazing late game and if your playing utility doom you dont even need the alpha wolf. With the centaur you blink in and with the AOE stun get a great initiation.
i rush mask of madness and basher on puck :3

saifthedestroyer
<Editor>

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » March 13, 2014 8:17pm | Report

In the early game when you start jungling DO NOT get an alpha wolf like some people said as doom doesnt lack damage to jungle he lacks survivability, so either you get a satyr like xyrus said or you get the big bird which gives armor. Also midas isnt always good on doom like i usually get arcane, mek, shivas, BKB, AC, and blink dagger. Also centaur is amazing late game and if your playing utility doom you dont even need the alpha wolf. With the centaur you blink in and with the AOE stun get a great initiation.

I said, I preferred Alpha. More of my personal preference than anything else.

For actual team fighting, either Centaur or Troll. Centaur for stomp and troll for trap. I usually go for which ever I am able to find first. No sense walking all the way across the map looking for a Centaur when you can pick up a Wildken or Troll easily.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 13, 2014 8:41pm | Report
I don't like jungle Doom that much these days as he contributes very little in the early game, but he's still one of the best farm-dependent junglers in the game (much quicker than Lifestealer or Ursa). Still, the best jungling auras come from the big Satyr (HP regen) and the big Wildwing (armor); the little troll from the small camp also has a spammable heal that works wonders if your support gives you the possibility to mess with the pull camp.

As for the mid game, always get the Wolf aura unless you're playing an initiator role with a Blink Dagger, in which case the Centaur is the best; the big Troll and the very small Satyr also deserve a mention as they make ganks (especially with a Shadow Blade but also with a Blink) extremely easy.

I made a guide that explains the "best" jungle rotations, I won't post it to avoid advertising but keep in mind I tried to jungle with Doom a lot of times before reaching such results. While I think a Midas is needed most of the time to avoid being underlevelled, you can - unlike the other mid-game carries - go to fight with just a Midas, a good creep skill and a pair Phase Boots most of the time. The rest of your core should come online in little time given Doom's farming capabilities.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wackyshadow » March 14, 2014 2:41am | Report
Thanks Guys, you really offered some valid tips. I will mess around with different type of jungling style to see which one is the best for me. I think I've tried Peppo's guide before. It worked fine.

wackyshadow

Notable (1)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved