Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need tips on Doom

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Need tips on Doom 12 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » March 14, 2014 3:49am | Report
Order of preference:

Creeps (jungling) - Skeleton troll, Satyr, Healer, Ogre, Ursa
Creeps (post jungling) - Alpha wolf, centaur, ursa, satyr purger.

My rule of thumb for rushing items on heroes:

Midas - 5 min / 6 min at the most
BF - 12 min / 15 min at the most

Better alternatives if you didnt manage to make the deadline:

Maelstrom, Mekansm, Armlet.

Remarks: Always rushing aint the best, a good player is a versatile, flexible player.
Adjust according to the game.

If you jungle doom(i prefer laning), and your solo is in trouble, hard lane gets pushed, push the safe lane, get maelstorm not midas.

If the enemy team has an early game start , they start fighting, get Armlet instead of midas if your team lacks damage, or Mekansm if you lack teamfight power.

If you desperately need a stun get Centaur, if you need to deal damage get Ursa(magic damage) or Wolf(melee damage).

If you need to stop a slippery guy(weaver) , get skele troll, or for fast dudes(Bloodseeker) get Satyr purge guy.

Doom is one of the most versatile of heroes, do not waste his potential.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sal69 » March 14, 2014 3:24pm | Report
i usually go Basilus and then Midas before anything else.
Starting with tango + shield + quelling blade.

Its best to devour a Satyr for health regen first. If you cannot get one get a wolf. The extra damage will result in faster farming. Simply by another tango/salve then if you need to. The extra farming speed will make up for the cost.
After midas i usually get boots and shadow blade. This is usually the point where i leave jungle and start fully working with my team. But this heavily depends on how the game develops.

Also keep in mind that if you jungle from the beginning you should always keep an eye on the jungle-lane and tower. Help your teammates to defend it, if the tower is gone this will have a huge impact on your jungle performance because the tower provides some safety and vision.

Dont devour all the time in the beginning. Do it until you find the creep your looking for (Satyr/Wolf) and then delay it until lvl4 devour. You will need the mana mainly for healing with SE. Also you need to be careful what do devour, you can freely devour anything without skills without loosing yours (small centaur, lane creeps).

sal69

Steam: sal

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved