Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Solo-Mid vs. Solo Off-Lane for Magnus

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Solo-Mid vs. Solo Off-Lane for Magnus 32 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » May 31, 2015 8:37am | Report
CapnDaft wrote:

The problem doesn't come from the fact that mag gets harassed, an offlane mag shouldn't even be close creepwave, you got showckwave and you'll have bottle. The problem comes if it is something agressive, like a fissure or something like. I mean, if all they do is really protecting then you'll most likely be fine and get a relatively good time there unless you get outplayed...

you dont seem to understand

ypou wont be near the creep waave

you wont be anywhere near it. you cant contest a pull. you cant even go near the wave without taking a stun to the face and 5-7 hits.

you wont have bottle btw until like 3 minutes in. i dont know what trilanes your playing against but a good one will be able to wreck a mgnus any day of the week.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » May 31, 2015 11:07am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

you dont seem to understand

ypou wont be near the creep waave

you wont be anywhere near it. you cant contest a pull. you cant even go near the wave without taking a stun to the face and 5-7 hits.

you wont have bottle btw until like 3 minutes in. i dont know what trilanes your playing against but a good one will be able to wreck a mgnus any day of the week.

Weak defensive tri-lanes exist you know. Ones which lack CC, or an ability to kill you in lane. Some will barely be able to harass you out. It's rarer nowadays, but it still happens. Like sure, you won't get much farm even against a weak tri-lane (Probably a Bottle, maybe Arcane Boots if your lane is going really well), but you'll be able to get levels, which is still somewhat good enough. Though if you do get a quick Bottle the lane is actually aight, because you can spam Shockwave and get decent CS.

Magnus offlane is just a bit weak, and quite greedy, but it's still a thing. He's a more conventional mid hero, but offlane is still possible.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » May 31, 2015 11:42am | Report
Exactly. It's possible but pretty situational.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 31, 2015 1:27pm | Report
The issue with Offlane Magnus isn't that he'll get Zoned out hard, because this happens to ANY Solo Offlaner. The real issue, is that he has no effective means of catching up after being Zoned out.

Ancients, early aggression and Jungling. These are the only 3 ways for Solo Offlaners to Farm up their 1st Core Item (almost always Blink Dagger). Magnus can't do any of these particularly well and he can hardly 1 vs 3. 8{(

This is the same reason you don't see Heroes like Weaver, Bristleback or Clinkz in Solo Offlane positions. Yes, they can survive in the Offlane, but if they're up against decent Support, they're going to get nothing out of their Lane, after which, they'll either take someone else's Lane, or have no Farm at all. 8{(

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 31, 2015 1:42pm | Report
Quoted:
Bristleback or [...] in Solo Offlane positions.

WTF am I even reading. Bristleback can stack ancients and kill them with Quill Spray + tanking them with Bristleback. Bristleback is a great offlaner.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » May 31, 2015 1:55pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

WTF am I even reading. Bristleback can stack ancients and kill them with Quill Spray + tanking them with Bristleback. Bristleback is a great offlaner.

He is a great offlaner, but in this patch he is a MUCH better safelaner and is 95% of the timed played in the safelane.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » May 31, 2015 2:01pm | Report
Bristleback can be easily played as offlaner, especially when you're facing team that has 2 dual lanes. I don't know what you're talking about. He's played on easy lane now because teams are playing push strats, pretty much like ti4 but with other picks. Hence we're seeing so many Leshrac, Drow Ranger + 4 ranged, Dragon Knight etc.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 31, 2015 2:37pm | Report
I have one brainfart and everyone jumps on me. T-T

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 31, 2015 3:25pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

I have one brainfart and everyone jumps on me. T-T

Even the guy who was unactive for 4 months came here to write a comment that is disagreeing with you.

Face it Xyrus, you are the worst analyst EU. You better go analyze HotS of the Storm.

Spoiler: Click to view

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » May 31, 2015 3:54pm | Report
DzikaPanda wrote:

Bristleback can be easily played as offlaner, especially when you're facing team that has 2 dual lanes. I don't know what you're talking about. He's played on easy lane now because teams are playing push strats, pretty much like ti4 but with other picks. Hence we're seeing so many Leshrac, Drow Ranger + 4 ranged, Dragon Knight etc.

He's played on the safelane because he scales extremely well with farm. He benefits from safe-lane farm and expierence more than any conventional offlaner, because he's actually a pretty hard carry. Sure, he can offlane, but you don't solo offlane him anymore unless you are against really bad dual lanes.

If Bristle does go offlane nowdays, it's better to do it in dual lanes, like Bristle-Wisp, or Bristle-WD. Things that give him sustain in lane and let him dive with impunity.

It's not a result of the meta shift this patch either, because it was happening a lot in 6.83 as well as 6.84. It's simply more efficient for the hero.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved