Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Rubick Arcana current info and speculations

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Rubick Arcana current info and speculations 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Elfansoer » December 17, 2018 7:21am | Report

Particles

In previous "big" update, there are several changes on the Workshop Tools, and my focus was on the abilities' particles.
You know, particles used by the abilities. There is a lot of change.

First, particles specific to some abilities have a new field. This field controls the color shift of the particles; essentially changing the color.
The value can be arbitrary, which means that those particles can be any color.
Note that this is a repetitive hardwork, but a hardwork indeed, since there's A LOT of abilities, and each ability has A LOT of particles. (kudos to dev artists)

I even believe that some green particles leaked wasn't intentional; it's that many. And that's not counting to the game's actual logic to change the color if stolen.

Looking further, I found that not all of the abilities have this change. Most of the abilities' particles that changed are ultimates, and a few basic abilities.
No wonder though, I pity the devs if it went more.

Speculation

Above explanation, along with other source of leakages, might implied that Rubick's Arcana would use Prismatic Gem (or something similar) to change stolen spell's colors.
It might looked like Terrorblade's color shift, but on a grander scale, for the Grand Magus.

Or, at least, Spell Steal may change color depends on which level it is, similar to Monkey King's arcana. Green for lv. 1, then Blue on level up, and finally Red (my preferences).

Or, just maybe, Rubick can have random particle color per cast! Just maybe. I think it is cool. no? okay...

And I didn't forget that stolen's cast time has increased to 0.15 rather than instant. My two cents is that there will be a shadow of original hero casting the ability on Rubick's place. Not all of the animation, just the final part of the animation (and maybe the backswing). Imagine Invoker's with stretched arm appears when Rubick cast Chaos Meteor.

One per hero

As noted above, not all abilities changed. Turns out that for each hero, only one ability got a color shift, and mostly ultimates. For heroes without fancy ultimates or a passive one, one of their basic abilities replaces the slot.
The heroes listed below are the heroes which changed ability is not their ultimate:

Strength:
Agility:
Intelligence:
Meanwhile, I have not seen any changes for one of Tiny and Undying's spells. They could have missed out, or have some issue, or something the devs might have headache at and fixed later.

TL:DR: Rubick's Arcana gives the devs/artist a headache, but worth it for the Color Gem/Level/Random color change for stolen spells.

Images of the particles (Green) can be found on my blog, or if you want to test it (with Violet), go to my github page.

So, any thoughts? or prayers to the fallen devs?

Elfansoer

Notable (11)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved