Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

NEW UPDATTTEE!!!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » NEW UPDATTTEE!!!! 53 posts - page 4 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » December 16, 2014 2:47am | Report
Kunkka, Dragon Knight, Rubick buffs are quite interesting.
Don't understand why Chaos Knight is getting buffed, his f* strong! Definitely broken now.
And can someone explain why the hell they changed Sniper's Shrapnel? Since it doesn't damage buildings now, people will skip it even more.
I don't think Alchemist buff will make him a top pick in the meta, his is a little more viable now as carry, he need a stats buff.

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » December 16, 2014 2:50am | Report
oldKainen wrote:

And can someone explain why the hell they changed Sniper's Shrapnel? Since it doesn't damage buildings now, people will skip it even more.

Perhaps Icefraud wants Shrapnel to become a chasing tool that costs less mana to cast instead of a pushing tool. It can still be used as a pushing tool, though, since it does decent damage to creeps.

Basically, with the new Shrapnel, one cast costs less mana and you can cover more area after casting 3 times. A 30% slow wherever your enemy goes is nothing to scoff at.

One thing I don't get is why it has a 40 second replenish time. That's just too long to wait. I'd be happy if it were reduced to a value between 20 and 30 seconds.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 16, 2014 3:00am | Report
Yeah, Shrapnel is supposed to be an early game burst damage/chasing tool that you should skill first. I think the idea is to allow him to grab early kills with Shrapnel + Assassinate, especially with the reduced mana cost.

Still...since he can't siege towers anymore, the only interesting part about the hero is gone. Now and forever a noob solo mid carry wannabee who is easily countered by early game roaming and outcarried by gap closers and rat dota.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » December 16, 2014 3:12am | Report

i know.
I concur a lot with your points but that kind of thing to illusions will push him out if he is shut down.
I am a terrorblade player and i see what they are doing. They are putting him in a uncomfortable position where he has to lane and suffer because of ****ty lane presence.
Valve wants players to put atleast put 2 points in reflection early game for laning and run a trilane with him. They first shut jungle for him now towers for him.
He WILL really get situational now.

Indeed Travel boots TB is OP but that is well deserved when a team doesnt offer counter push or shut down teamfights early.

A Small question: why do you build satanic on him? I think a sunder is good enough. Were you concerned of silences?

I go Satanic on Terrorblade because I don't like getting close to actually use Sunder, because its really short range and loses me DPS to cast it. Plus, he really does need the +25 Strength and it allows him to manfight better than a Heart would. The other option rather than Satanic was another Butterfly. At that point, it didn't really matter what I bought they couldn't touch me anyway.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 16, 2014 3:26am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Yeah, Shrapnel is supposed to be an early game burst damage/chasing tool that you should skill first. I think the idea is to allow him to grab early kills with Shrapnel + Assassinate, especially with the reduced mana cost.

Still...since he can't siege towers anymore, the only interesting part about the hero is gone. Now and forever a noob solo mid carry wannabee who is easily countered by early game roaming and outcarried by gap closers and rat dota.

^^This

Seriously, he needs a rework to a LONG RANGE NUKER instead of a LONG RANGE CREEP.

I was planning to make a rework idea soon.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » December 16, 2014 4:24am | Report
NOOOOOOOOooooooo.......

Why did they nerf Venge?! What did she ever do to deserve this?! T-T

AWWWWW HELL YEAH!!! 2 Second Spell Steal!!! RIBICK IS THE NEW INVOKER >8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 16, 2014 4:36am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

NOOOOOOOOooooooo.......

Why did they nerf Venge?! What did she ever do to deserve this?! T-T

AWWWWW HELL YEAH!!! 2 Second Spell Steal!!! RIBICK IS THE NEW INVOKER >8{D

A prime example of multiple-personality disorder.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » December 16, 2014 5:04am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

This. To me, they're reworking Sniper the wrong way: if they try to make him a carry that starts as a nuker, he will always be inferior to other "nukers" with late game potential ( Ursa, Slark etc.). Making him a pusher seemed the best idea to me, but now that he can't siege towers with Shrapnel anymore and can't interrupt TP Scrolls he's just a below-average Hero.

By the way, the most interesting change was, to me, Queen of Pain's ultimate: " Sonic Wave now does Pure Damage and affects Spell Immune". WHAT? This might be enough to get her back into the competitive scene, though I might be exaggerating. They also changed Kunkka's X Marks the Spot: finally people that don't max it first or second will still be useful. Lina also received a good buff, maybe becoming something different than a Lion without reliable disables.

On the other side, Night Stalker received a pretty big nerf: you can't use Darkness at nighttime to extend the duration of the night anymore. At least they buffed his other skills to make up for it.

Lastly, some top tier Heroes received slight nerfs, way less than I was expecting: Jakiro is basically the same (the Liquid Fire damage got nerfed but not its cooldown), and so is Ogre Magi (in my opinion they should nerf the cast range of Ignite, not Fireblast). Tidehunter is the main one that got a major nerf, and he will probably become less popular.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » December 16, 2014 5:13am | Report
Chuantress base movespeed now the same as some heroes get with boots.
Volvo pls.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Te Wheke » December 16, 2014 5:18am | Report
It's too late at night for me to do the maths right now, but Darkness will now be used during the day and will mean less overall daylight for Night Stalker, thus less down time, so it works out to be a pretty big buff.

Te Wheke

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved