Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

NEW UPDATTTEE!!!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » NEW UPDATTTEE!!!! 53 posts - page 3 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 16, 2014 12:22am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

I think, with the buffs to some mids and the courier bottle nerf, they are nerfing roaming and instead giving the mid gankers some chance.

Thoughts...?

If you look at the rune changes and how bottle crow is constantly being nerf'd, it's high likely Icefrog is trying to edge players to contest rune spawns then see how you react if you've taken the rune or not. There isn't an RNG factor in regards to refilling your bottle anymore and it's pushing mid players to leave the mid lane instead of staying mid forever with bottle crow.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 16, 2014 12:36am | Report

1000 range hook is the next best thing to point target hook.
Thats all i can give you bois.

With this update i can 100% say that the game is being commercialized to masses and being made easy to play, the emphasis changing from skill to coordination.

To bad

my mate

doesnt listen on pugna rework. He promised it in next update.

Kyphoid out.

If you like the update, leave me digital cookies.

Edit: WAKE UP HADES! THERE IS A NEW UPDATE WHEN WILL YOU CHANGE THE HOMEPAGE?

Please explain.

Wait...

He kept his profile a secret
He uses excellent english (sign of diplomacy)

Yes. Muahahahhaha
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 16, 2014 12:40am | Report
ElDiablo wrote:

Watch out guys we have a detective over here!
Can i ask who's fan are you. Conan's or Sherlock's?

Batman from the 60's. Kappa.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » December 16, 2014 12:41am | Report

Reflection is good but it doesnt make up for the fact that now his illusions do 50% damage.
I didnt see that they increased his BAT or something that i can be content with.
They are pushing terrorblade out of meta that fact you must accept and agree with.

Uh, the illusions still deal 60% damage? It was just 25% reduced damage to towers.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 16, 2014 2:11am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

Uh, the illusions still deal 60% damage? It was just 25% reduced damage to towers.

its 52.5% now

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » December 16, 2014 2:16am | Report
Where is this? I can't find it.

Or do you just mean illusion damage to towers? If so, it doesn't change the Hero too much. He still melts your towers, now it's just a bit harder for him to farm them.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 16, 2014 2:16am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Please explain.

Wait...

He kept his profile a secret
He uses excellent english (sign of diplomacy)

Yes. Muahahahhaha

Terathiel:

See at the very starting of shifting snows update.

Also i did some error. The terroblade illusions do 60% damage and now they will do 25% less damage to buildings.
This can mean 2 things either it does 35% damage or
60x.75 which is 45%.
<|8{D

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » December 16, 2014 2:20am | Report
CK Wisp back in the Meta. Forget Tiny!!

As an Avid Disruptor player i am pretty damn pleased with this. Glimpse, Kinetic Field AND Static Storm cooldown's reduced? Thanks Icefrog!

Liquid Fire that litte bit less effective, Ogre Magi ( :( ) with the needed Fireblast nerf, both needed. Even the Pounce and Ravage damage reductions are welcome.

Bloodcyka going into CM though... I suppose as long as no-one on my team picks him.

EDIT: I forgot. As a support, DAT Animal Courier COST REDUCTION! The Clarity change is nice earlygame as well.
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » December 16, 2014 2:26am | Report
So you ARE talking about just towers. In that case, my above point stands.

As it currently is, while the enemy team is distracted perhaps because they have some ****wit in a saw suit ramming a blade down their throat, Terrorblade can take a T1 and seriously damage a T2. Even without a distraction, it forces at least 2 Heroes with a few disables between them to go and stop him. Now, it gives teams a bit of leeway and breathing space, making it harder for a travels TB to constrict them and eat their map control away.

This game shows what I'm talking about. Medusa farms creeps; Riki farms heroes; Terrorblade farms towers, and that's a bit unfair. He can currently turn a couple dead Heroes in the midgame into a rax for the team. Lategame, your T4s will still only have a 4-second shelf life against him but his early push has been (rightfully) nerfed. He's still a very strong hero for the same reasons he was already picked, but his fighting has been slightly buffed, especially midgame, and his push has been nerfed to compensate.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 16, 2014 2:35am | Report
i know.
I concur a lot with your points but that kind of thing to illusions will push him out if he is shut down.
I am a terrorblade player and i see what they are doing. They are putting him in a uncomfortable position where he has to lane and suffer because of ****ty lane presence.
Valve wants players to put atleast put 2 points in reflection early game for laning and run a trilane with him. They first shut jungle for him now towers for him.
He WILL really get situational now.

Indeed Travel boots TB is OP but that is well deserved when a team doesnt offer counter push or shut down teamfights early.

A Small question: why do you build satanic on him? I think a sunder is good enough. Were you concerned of silences?

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved