Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

NEW UPDATTTEE!!!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » NEW UPDATTTEE!!!! 53 posts - page 2 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 15, 2014 11:08pm | Report
I think, with the buffs to some mids and the courier bottle nerf, they are nerfing roaming and instead giving the mid gankers some chance.

Thoughts...?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » December 15, 2014 11:11pm | Report
Te Wheke wrote:

QoP changes I'm unsure of... Sonic Wave always should've been Pure and from what I can tell the damage reduction makes no difference due to hero immunity to magic damage - the mana cost is still far too high for such an underwhelming ultimate though but you don't want to make too many changes all at once I guess.

The Blink change seems wrong though, increased cooldown at early levels in exchange for increased range at all levels. I think it should be the other way, a lower distance with a lower cooldown so she can blink in, unleash her burst, then blink out. At 5 seconds she's dead to FF or burst before she can get away, 2 seconds at level 4 would allow more survivability for a hero that is reliant on positioning to survive but needs to get into the thick of it to unleash her spammable burst damage ( Scream of Pain).

The Sonic Wave can still pierce spell immunity now, so it will definitely be more powerful than before the patch (except that it can't be amplified by veil or ghost scepter).

2 second cooldown on blink? No way. Even if the blink range is reduced greatly, it would still be pretty OP. You could disjoint many times in just 10 seconds, plus you can easily escape from engagements. The thing about qop is that she is squishy, so if she decides to blink into a fight she cannot take (i.e. she can't burst her 'counter' down or can't get anyone low enough), she will be punished. Blink shouldn't be buffed just because people make stupid decisions.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 15, 2014 11:15pm | Report
Also it seems like icefrog reads dotofire and see so,e suggestions... I feel like the roaming pudge is from here.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » December 15, 2014 11:43pm | Report
If you ask me, this update was needed and i also like it. Only thing that makes me gate it is that Blyat Cyka got released in CM and ES didn't :,(. Buy all around nice update and i can't wait fir it release.
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 15, 2014 11:44pm | Report
Pretty excited about this update!

- Bounty Hunter : this is huge. Track is ultra-spammable now so Bounty is now just about getting to level 6, buying a mana regen item, and spamming Track and shuriken. I'm done with useless drum on him, Bottle/ Soul Ring roaming all the way.

- Chaos Knight : most broken hero in doto confirmed. Icefraud pls.

- Clinkz : Not only he can use Diffusal Blade with Desolator and Eye of Skadi (orchid is nothing more than situational now), but that range is really a big buff especially in lane. Love it.

- Drow Ranger : Manta Style was just garbage on her honestly, like it!

- Crystal Maiden : anybody saying that she's an early game hard support who drops off past 20 minutes should stop living in the past. Blink/BKB/Aghs all the way, semicarry CM best CM.

- Death Prophet : there is such a thing as over-nerfing a hero. I think this line has been crossed several patches ago already. Don't care, I'm playing Leshrac mid anyways, it's just way better :)

- Earth Spirit : his Aghanim's Scepter didn't get touched, ergo he wasn't nerfed.

- Enchantress : Run, bambi, run, the forest is in peril!
(she can outrun Luna, so good!)

- Faceless Void : maybe he's balanced now. How to play against Void : bait chrono, push, win game. Finally the hero has a counter.

- Lifestealer : no need to get Helm of the Dominator on him anymore :)

- Morphling : roaming Morphling new meta.

- Ogre Magi : well deserved

- Queen of Pain : 4/1/4 QoP is now viable. You only blink once but you have tons of burst, and then you skill blink and build right click for the late game.

- Sniper : good early burst damage (I suppose the instances stack) but if you remove the push he's just back to being the noob carry he always was.
Seriously the push from Shrapnel was the only reason why experienced players picked him in the first place, this hero has no place above scrub tier now. Rework, Volvo, rework!

- Windranger : Skull Basher/ Abyssal Blade core items confirmed. I just did the math and updated my guide on her, she now keeps her targets stunned 31% of the time. Kind of like a Skadi, except that it stuns instead of slowing :)

- Diffusal Blade : yay, the slow stacks with Skadi...what I've already been doing on PL, Naga and Spectre so it doesn't change anything. On the other hand diffusal + skadi on Clinkz, Riki, Troll Warlord or Weaver ftw. And diffusal+deso is really awesome as well like on Juggernaut.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » December 15, 2014 11:49pm | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Also it seems like icefrog reads dotofire and see so,e suggestions... I feel like the roaming pudge is from here.

I know, right? Like, I've seen the Sniper Shrapnel change as a suggestion on dotafire and other sites, and it actually got implemented. Same with the addition of charges to Broodmother Spin Web.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 15, 2014 11:52pm | Report
Now who here is actually Icefrog?

I say it's Kyphoid. Because he's a Lich (made of ice) and he always jumps to improbable conclusions (like a frog)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 15, 2014 11:57pm | Report
Terathiel wrote:

Be honest.

The illusion nerf was needed.

Besides they keep buffing his cast point so I'm content with that.

Reflection is good but it doesnt make up for the fact that now his illusions do 50% damage.
I didnt see that they increased his BAT or something that i can be content with.
They are pushing terrorblade out of meta that fact you must accept and agree with.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » December 15, 2014 11:58pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Now who here is actually Icefrog?

I say it's Kyphoid. Because he's a Lich (made of ice) and he always jumps to improbable conclusions (like a frog)

Watch out guys we have a detective over here!
Can i ask who's fan are you. Conan's or Sherlock's?
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 16, 2014 12:05am | Report
1000 range hook is the next best thing to point target hook.
Thats all i can give you bois.

With this update i can 100% say that the game is being commercialized to masses and being made easy to play, the emphasis changing from skill to coordination.

To bad my mate doesnt listen on pugna rework. He promised it in next update.

Kyphoid out.

If you like the update, leave me digital cookies.

Edit: WAKE UP HADES! THERE IS A NEW UPDATE WHEN WILL YOU CHANGE THE HOMEPAGE?
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved