Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Most annoying abilities?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Most annoying abilities? 11 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Which ability is most annoying?
Song of the Siren
Omnislash
Refraction
Primal Split
Something else
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 9, 2014 10:43am | Report
Just a quick poll for a bit of fun, I was thinking about which abilities I consider to the be the most annoying/borderline OP and came up with my top 4, what are yours?

Song of the Siren - uh it's just sooo stronk, initiating, escaping, setup, deny towers...its huge AOE can do everything. Even thou it's technically countered by magic immunity...being able to resist it means you don't get any protection from it either, and you can be focused by their entire team while your team is helpless. They can even Repel you if they have an Omniknight and then focus you down. Great all through the game.

Annoyance Rating: 4/5

Omnislash - this just seems incredible when you're a noob, and it's not always much fun later in your career either. Great for teamfights, ganks and counter-ganks. If Juggernaut has even 1 hp left and is unstunned/silenced then he may well be able to turn it around if you jump on him. With Shadow Blade or Blink Dagger you might even just have to eat it occasionally at random. It's balanced somewhat in that you can use creeps and minions to share the pain, and this is essential unless you can get a Ghost Scepter or some other form of physical immunity. Cheesy press R to win.

Annoyance Rating: 3/5

Refraction - bonus damage AND 100% resist to pretty much everything? Uck. This makes Templar Assassin really difficult to deal with at times. If you have Damage Over Time abilities (or pickup an Orb of Venom it's not quite so bad, but against certain abilities it's pretty OP (my Aghanim's Scepter Finger of Death does ZERO damage?). The biggest issue I have with it personally is that the effect is not visually obvious enough - you see the deflection when she gets hit, but you're left desperately trying to count them and hoping to hell you get it right. It should have an effect like the shared Linken's Sphere active.

Annoyance Rating: 5/5

Primal Split - OMG do I hate this ability... you've got Brew on the ropes, hardly any HP left, but if he gets even a fraction of a second to cast it...bye bye gank. And possibly bye bye you too. 3 full HP pandas with a ridiculous array of abilities (world's longest Cyclone?) can turn even a multiple man gank on it's head. See you in 15-20 seconds Brew, but you'll probably have either killed us or be long gone. Great in team fights too. Drops off a little late game when carries have sufficient damage.

Annoyance Rating: 6/5

So what do you think? Any counters I missed? Which abilities do you hate the most? These aren't necessarily the strongest abilities in the game, but to me they feel like the cheapest - dying to them or messing up rarely feels like your fault and often seems cheesy. If somebody beats me with a great bit of skill or out-thinks you then I'll usually be impressed as well as annoyed. Them spamming 1 button never feels like that (yes, I know there can be some timing/skill involved in them correctly, but they're not technically demanding at all). Thoughts? :)
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » May 9, 2014 11:03am | Report
Viper's corrosive skin. 25% slow and damage for even doing 1 point of damage to him makes it really hard to deal with, especially with DoTs.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » May 9, 2014 11:09am | Report
Viper's ulty Viper Strike
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » May 9, 2014 11:22am | Report
Treant Protector's Living Armor and Shallow Grave from Dazzle
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » May 9, 2014 11:32am | Report
Flaming Lasso, there's nothing more unsteady then watching Bat drag your body into the nether of whatever he feels like strolling to on that particular day. Sure Venge can take care of him, but its not like Song of Siren where they can't do anything but set up and its countered by BKBs which are staple on most carries. Or Omnislash being easily shut off by Ghost Scepter.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 9, 2014 12:00pm | Report
Spell Steal, because it can become ANY annoying Ability 8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » May 9, 2014 12:16pm | Report
Morph Strength Gain? He just morph more and more agi into str, and when you think he can't morph any more, he continues to do so :<
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » May 9, 2014 4:51pm | Report
Bristleback.

I hate the hero and this skill is why.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » May 9, 2014 7:38pm | Report
Chronosphere it's game changing for better or worse, and like Song of the Siren can be a complete detriment leading to disastrous results if misused.
Sleight of Fist makes you hate being a support sometimes
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Faust87 » May 10, 2014 2:26am | Report
For me is Berserker's Call, and I hate Axe in general when playing support. He blinks next to you and uses the call so you forced to fight him with right clicks, and of course he owns you everytime.

Faust87

Notable (1)
Steam: Faust

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved