Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DotA 2 Smalltalk

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DotA 2 Smalltalk 213 posts - page 11 of 22
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 13, 2016 11:53am | Report
Something along the lines of "Eat him you ******ed ****face", can't tell exactly because russian swear language is a whole separate topic in linguistics. The guy got mad at lvl 5 Pudge who didn't use his ultimate on NS and then spent the whole video flaming him.

If you want more, just type "versuta rage" ion Youtube, there are plenty though this is probably the most well-known and vivid.

Also why'd you want echo on a hero that attacks insanely fast? This is an item for slow hitters that lack chasing and TW isn't either of those.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 13, 2016 12:19pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Also why'd you want echo on a hero that attacks insanely fast? This is an item for slow hitters that lack chasing and TW isn't either of those.

Yeah, that. The new Sange and Yasha is the item for Troll. There's only so many early/mid game items you can buy, when your inventory is already cluttered by stuff like aquila and helm you have no slot for it anyways.

Sabre is an attack speed item, Troll needs anything BUT attack speed.

Also, what does "prikola" mean in Russian?
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 13, 2016 1:10pm | Report
There is no such word as "prikola" in russian, however, there are words "prikol" which is smth funny or amusing, and derivative "prikol'no" which is an adverb that means the same.

"Prikola" may be also an accusative case of "prikol", as in:

-Zachem?
-Dlya prikola.

Which translates to:

-Why?
-For fun.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 13, 2016 3:45pm | Report
Thanks. Also, what does "pitirom" mean? And why do russians say that a lot?

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » May 13, 2016 4:18pm | Report
'Of Peter' or "salty"? ;P

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » May 13, 2016 9:43pm | Report
Basically it allows you to skip 2 stacks of fervor. So you will kinda start at stack 3 of fervor.

During mid game, it allows you to build stacks quickly without relying on ultimate every time. Also allows for whirling axes spam.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 14, 2016 2:41am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Thanks. Also, what does "pitirom" mean? And why do russians say that a lot?

Because "vpyaterom" means "as five". "Go vpyaterom"="Let's go as 5", "oni tut vpyaterom"="there are all 5 of them here"

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 14, 2016 3:20am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Because "vpyaterom" means "as five".

Makes much more sense, thanks :)

I thought about the "peter" PPD salt, but it made no sense that they'd say that all the time.Like when you're yelling at your team, you're not talking about salt, you're BEING the salt XD

@Kyfroid : The only thing that makes Troll a carry is the fact that he has 2 skills that give him attack speed. Troll's issue is lack of damage to go with it (that's why you build phase aquila helm), lack of HP and lack of chase. If you feel the need to itemize for something that is already his biggest selling point, you're pretty much acknowledging that the hero sucks : "i have two attack speed skills and I still need an attack speed item".
(Sabre isn't even a double attack. it's just a temporary attack speed buff.)

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » May 14, 2016 7:13am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Makes much more sense, thanks :)

I thought about the "peter" PPD salt, but it made no sense that they'd say that all the time.Like when you're yelling at your team, you're not talking about salt, you're BEING the salt XD

@Kyfroid : The only thing that makes Troll a carry is the fact that he has 2 skills that give him attack speed. Troll's issue is lack of damage to go with it (that's why you build phase aquila helm), lack of HP and lack of chase. If you feel the need to itemize for something that is already his biggest selling point, you're pretty much acknowledging that the hero sucks : "i have two attack speed skills and I still need an attack speed item".
(Sabre isn't even a double attack. it's just a temporary attack speed buff.)

The only thing I acknowledge here is that troll needs something to get him going. Phase aquila helm is one way to go and so is echo saber that helps him better at attack speed gain. He depends on attack speed to fight rather than building damage, aside from late game.
So think of echo saber as a damage item rather than AS item. Think of it as a crit. You do get a free hit completely out of sync from your attack speed frequency.
Sven or slark don't build it for attack speed. It is to get that one extra hit. They are not expecting to gain a perennial increase in their frequency. Seriously, hamster needs to try echo saber on troll before theoretically attempting to break it apart. It solves a lot of his issues, mana regen,HP, a way to gain fervor stacks faster.

The reason he broke OP barrier was because he had 1free fervor stack, if I were to go by what you say. Well now he has two.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 14, 2016 7:30am | Report

So think of echo saber as a damage item rather than AS item. Think of it as a crit. You do get a free hit completely out of sync from your attack speed frequency.
Sven or slark don't build it for attack speed. It is to get that one extra hit.

You do realize that "getting more hits in" and "having attack speed" is exactly the same thing, right?

From the item description itself :

Attack Speed Bonus: 490

Sabre gives an attack speed bonus every 5 seconds. That's all the item does. The stats suck otherwise and the mana regen is wasted on Troll.

Did I mention that the sabre attack speed bonus does literally nothing when you have max fervor stacks because of the attack speed cap?

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved