Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Abaddon the Rat

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Abaddon the Rat 25 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 13, 2015 6:39pm | Report
Ok so the blink abuse works, just tried it. Unlike Cuttle, I was actually really happy with how well it worked. I just spent a few games stomping bots and ratting their ***es to dust. Was pretty fun :)

Build is pretty standard : Maelstrom -> Blink Dagger -> Boots of Travel. And then once you have Mjollnir you clear waves instantly so there's no waveclear issue...you just need items.

Clearly to do that you need to play core Abaddon and farm a lane...but there are ways to do it, I don't think it's a major issue. If you go dual lanes it's pretty easy...and at the core Abaddon is a dual lane hero anyways IMO. I even saw guys like Bulldog play Abaddon mid on stream...it's surprisingly legit.
Of course he's not a safe lane carry in a trilane since the hero is a semi-carry at most...but if he's just one of your 3 cores it's fine.

Sure his DPS on towers is very low compared to a Lycan...but then Lycan gets picked off easily after the nerf to his ult. Nature's Prophet is also an easy kill to any ganker.

Abaddon has IMO the best escape mechanism in the game. Like, even better than Morphling which I consider the best rat in the game.

Abaddon can literally get chainstunned and focused by the entire enemy team and still get out of it. I was playing with it a lot against bots...and anyone who's ever played against bots knows how much bots abuse chainstuns and instant initiations to a point where it's almost cheating.

I got literally ********ed by the entire enemy team. Sheeped, stunned, etc, and right-clicked to death by 5 guys. Then Borrowed Time activated, either automatically or manually (since you can use it when stunned now, there's really no problem with getting it off)...I waited 3 seconds for blink to come off cooldown, and then I just blinked out. You can just blink downhill from the base and then you can't get chased, or simply blink into the trees and TP out.
Alternatively you can simply pop ult when right-clicking the tower and then blink out when it ends. That's 6 free seconds of right-clicking the tower without risk under the very nose of the enemy team, and then rinse and repeat.

So yeah...Abaddon can literally get stunlocked by the entire enemy team and then still blink out of it...name another hero who can do that xD

This really reminds me of Puck who can Phase Shift and then blink out. But Puck can't use phase shift when stunned...and it doesn't activate automatically when he's low HP :)

Ultimate rat confirmed?
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 13, 2015 7:02pm | Report
Ultimate Rat = Oracle.

But honestly, this sounds legit.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » July 13, 2015 7:11pm | Report
Shouldn't this thread be called… ratt-adon?
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 13, 2015 7:17pm | Report
This will be horrible when it gets out. The only thing I'd say is big nukes can potentially knock you over if you're on low HP but haven't activated Borrowed Time yet...but with enough HP it won't really matter.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » July 13, 2015 9:27pm | Report
I remain to be convinced. Like, I don't doubt that Abaddon as a hero can rat, that much is clear. I just have more fundamental issues about that are based around how you fit it in. (This is a bit of an essay, but hey would you expect anything else from me?)

Namely my issue is, then you are running a core Abaddon. Now regardless of which core position you run him in, you have issues with that

Spoiler: Click to view
[*]

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » July 14, 2015 1:44am | Report
It's all nice and fancy, but you said yourself everyone can "abuse" Blink Dagger. You hjave a Blink, I have a BLink, but guess what, it's not me who is going to get raped ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pocciox » July 14, 2015 9:10am | Report
it doesn't work that much. Let's say you get stunned once and you pop your ultimate: immediately, they chainstun you after you activated your ultimate and you can't do anything.
Unless you go ¨ Refresher Orb

Refreshaddon new meta?

Pocciox

Notable (2)
Steam: Pocciox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 14, 2015 3:35pm | Report
As I said, rat Oracle > rat Abbadon

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » July 14, 2015 3:40pm | Report
What if you got Divine Rapier after Mjollnir to increase push speed? Like, it's not like 90% of teams can kill you anyway. Normally the item is garbage on Abaddon due to how easy he is to kite, but if you're slowly chipping away at Enemy towers, it might be good. It's a risky strategy, might be worth going all the way for it.

Also, Pocciox, since both Borrowed Time and Blink have instant cast times, it is very difficult to chain stun after it, especially since he can use it any time while stunned, so there 's no way to anticipate him. Only a fast Dragon Tail after Borrowed Time can chain stun him.

Actual things that can kill him are Breaks + Silences. Silence prevents manual ult casting, and Breaks prevent automatic ult casting. With a Lotus Orb, we can remove them, but it's still a lot of effort and coordination to kill him (unless you have Doom).

I should find some time to test this in an actual pub and see if it defeats the pub players at my level.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » July 14, 2015 4:00pm | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

What if you got Divine Rapier after Mjollnir to increase push speed? Like, it's not like 90% of teams can kill you anyway. Normally the item is garbage on Abaddon due to how easy he is to kite, but if you're slowly chipping away at Enemy towers, it might be good. It's a risky strategy, might be worth going all the way for it.

Also, Pocciox, since both Borrowed Time and Blink have instant cast times, it is very difficult to chain stun after it, especially since he can use it any time while stunned, so there 's no way to anticipate him. Only a fast Dragon Tail after Borrowed Time can chain stun him.

Actual things that can kill him are Breaks + Silences. Silence prevents manual ult casting, and Breaks prevent automatic ult casting. With a Lotus Orb, we can remove them, but it's still a lot of effort and coordination to kill him (unless you have Doom).

I should find some time to test this in an actual pub and see if it defeats the pub players at my level.

How are 90% of teams are unable to kill them? Any hero with half-decent mobility can catch up to him... with all the following consequences. This is not worth it, you are basically turning what could be a menacing machine of murder into a supbar "rat" hero enemy can ignore.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved