Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Position #3 Void

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Position #3 Void 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 2, 2014 12:29am | Report
Picture this:

Faceless Void offlane (wtf), starting items are Tango, Iron Branches, Stout Shield

Build:
2-3-0-1/3-2-0-1 Backtrack or Time Walk first depends on situation

Items Progression:
Arcane Boots- Aghanim's Scepter/ Refresher Orb first- Hood of Defiance- Force Staff
Items above may or may not be purchased in the order. Purchase additional utility.

Arcane Boots- to cast more spells and items
Hood of Defiance- amplify allied magical damage (e.g: Macropyre, Chain Frost)
Force Staff- simple utility item
Refresher Orb- because you can't have just one Chronosphere
Aghanim's Scepter- longer duration, and after 6.82, the cooldown reduction is a great buff

So what do you guys think? Maybe there are more item pickups like Hand of Midas, but for now, what do you think? Is it actually legit?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » October 2, 2014 12:49am | Report
well first off... hey unscathed :)

ok so Faceless Void is a legit offlaner in the way that he benefits from early levels and has a reliable escape mechanism.

but then we look at his impact in game.

an early six is good but your team composition would require the ability to maximise that Chronosphere so the likes of Skywrath Mage Pugna Windrunner Shadow Fiend are required to really make full effect of the chrono.

he is also very squishy with low starting hp and relatively low armor for a agility carry.

he is mana dependent so clarities are a must in lane and he is easily harassed out of lane as well by any competent tri-lane.

Honestly in my opinion a Faceless Void should be laned in three ways.

offlane against a solo offlaner. he will get levels and farm.

solo safelane against a solo offlaner. he will get levels and farm.

or position 1 carry in a defensive tri... he wont get levels unless u have a really good trilane but he most defiantly will get farm.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 2, 2014 1:08am | Report
I think im getting you... but you did not mention the position #3 much, so it is still viable?
He need assist golds from early teamfights and from it he carried by becoming a support...

I want to ask, is a position #1 support viable? So he will solo safe, getting levels and farm.

He carried the way he supported his allies, with enough items he would be a destructor even without the traditional right click item.

I mean Chronosphere: Stun for 5 seconds, goes through BKB. That is a really strong ability, isn't it?

I was actually planning to do this in the upcoming inhouse.

SIDENOTE:
I'm almost done with the Enigma FoC. How are you going?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » October 2, 2014 1:33am | Report
going offlane your naturally slotting into position three so what i said still stands in relation to that.

the only thing is its a reciprocal ability meaning yea it can stun them for 5 seconds but it also can stun your team mates for 5 seconds. so unless you draft to it then its going to be a very very clutch play.

SIDENOTE: i had something written for axe already im just editing it down a bit haha

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 2, 2014 1:48am | Report
I see... legit. But as with all Faceless Void, placing Chronosphere without allies inside is a necessity to play good with him, so I dont think it would be a really big problem.

And.. "reciprocal" (I google translate'd it)
This would be a tough FoC

And I already posted mine. Behold my bank of vocabularies!
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 2, 2014 2:16am | Report
Uhm.... 3 position void has been played since just before TI4, and you dont need arcanes and scepter is situational.
You are best off building BKB+attack speed most of the time.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 2, 2014 2:19am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Uhm.... 3 position void has been played since just before TI4, and you dont need arcanes and scepter is situational.
You are best off building BKB+attack speed most of the time.

This is more of a support build, kappa. Just because trying new things are awesome.

Core for me is still Refresher Orb

And im still a noob, so bare with my presence please.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » October 2, 2014 3:19am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Hood of Defiance- amplify allied magical damage (e.g: Macropyre, Chain Frost)

Hood of Defiance does not amplify allied magical damage. It has exactly the opposite effect.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 2, 2014 3:23am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

This is more of a support build, kappa. Just because trying new things are awesome.

Core for me is still Refresher Orb

And im still a noob, so bare with my presence please.

offlane 3 position void is not support. if you would want to be a support you wont get a lane and farm priority.
but since he barely has any offense at all before 6 at all he cant support.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » October 2, 2014 5:31am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

offlane 3 position void is not support. if you would want to be a support you wont get a lane and farm priority.
but since he barely has any offense at all before 6 at all he cant support.

I agree with Tim. Much like an Elder Titan or a Brewmaster, if you want to play a utility Void stay away from Force Staff and Hood of Defiance and get auras instead: Assault Cuirass is fine on him, Vladmir's Offering is decent too.

Also, you really need a Mask of Madness because it always grants you a kill before the Chronosphere expires; after that, you can get whatever utility item you want. A sample build would be Mask of Madness, Aghanim's Scepter, Vladmir's Offering, Assault Cuirass and Refresher Orb, provided you have enough mana.

Still, I don't see the reason why you can't get carry items on an off-lane Void: you'll come online 10-15 minutes later than usual, but in that time you can pull off good Chronospheres by smoke ganking, not to mention it lets you win teamfights if you can combo up with other good ultimates.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved