Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Learning to play Sniper - need some guides.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Learning to play Sniper - need some guides. 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by EpicScar » December 25, 2013 9:36am | Report
Hi there, whoever sees my thread. My name's Edward, and I'm new to DotA 2. I started playing with my friends always and never play with others people because I need guides from my friends. I always uses Sniper as my hero because I only know how to use Sniper very well compared to other but I always feeds. Can anyone help me with every steps start from Level 1. I wouldn't wanted to keep on feeding in every games. I do assists a lot sometimes in the late game because I couldn't chase the enemy with my ulti so I just ulti my enemy and he escapes then my friends will chase him. Anyone might guide me in buying items, how to farm, when to do this and that. I can say that I need a very good guide from the beginning.

EpicScar

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glenn T » December 25, 2013 10:03am | Report
There are a lot of useful guides here - http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/hero/sniper-23

Personally, I am not a fan of Sniper at all - only played him once or twice so I can't really guide you in anything. But from my own experience I don't think you need that much skill to play him, just farm and get really fed, get your Shadow Blade, Lifesteal, Deso, Crits etc and you can start owning the game.

He's extremely vulnerable early game though, and without Shadow Blade he has no escape mechanisms, so that is something you have to watch out for. Just play safe until you're ready to show everyone your big guns.

Glenn T

Notable (1)
Steam: Glenn T
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by EpicScar » December 25, 2013 11:30am | Report
Uhm, anyway thanks for that ! I like to show my ulti sometimes. But i clicked on creeps and creeps and creeps.

EpicScar

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by saifthedestroyer » December 25, 2013 2:02pm | Report
Honestly no one can help with you clicking on creeps you need to of course work on that yourself :/ .
i rush mask of madness and basher on puck :3

saifthedestroyer
<Editor>

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 25, 2013 4:27pm | Report
Here's a few tips, if you're ever in a clash, NEVER cast Assassinate unless you're trying to kill someone that's running away. I've seen too many Sniper players cast Assassinate as they're getting attacked by an enemy or two. It's better to just auto-attack and/or try to kite enemies with Shrapnel.

You absolutely need to maintain a great distance away from enemy heroes and make sure your position is good at all times. Many players prefer getting Phase Boots to help with the attack damage and position with the burst of movement speed. Attack speed isn't so important in the early game since you won't have the damage anyway.

I prefer to go this build for the early-mid game as Sniper but a lot more players prefer to rush the Shadow Blade:

Phase Boots, Drum of Endurance, Maelstrom, Magic Wand

You get a decent amount of extra health from Drum of Endurance and a nice amount of attack damage/speed from Maelstrom. The Magic Wand is to help you clutch those situations where maybe if you had an extra 225hp you would of survived or if you had the extra mana to cast Assassinate.

Activate drum charges whenever you're trying to run away from an incoming threat or if you want to increase your efficiency at chasing down an opponent or increase overall damage output in teamfights.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by EpicScar » December 26, 2013 4:00am | Report
I usually starts with a Boots of speed and Tango, then i will start farming, after that, I will get the Power Threds whenever I got the gold and continue with the Ring of Aquila. After getting the Ring of Aquila, I try to get Shadow Blade that used up sometimes. Then I will get Daedalus/Maelstorm/Helm of Dominator, or I will ask my friends what should I get. At the tme I'm getting Daedalus/Maelstorm/Helm of Dominator, that's like in the late game, that we're going to end the game.

EpicScar

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » December 26, 2013 8:17am | Report
Starting with Boots is always bad, I guess it's a habit from LoL (since no-one suggests getting them on Dota) but, even if it isn't, it doesn't benefit you nonetheless. You should start with at least two regen items ( Tango and Healing Salve), maybe a pair of Slippers of Agility or a Ring of Protection (which I honestly prefer) and then fill the empty gaps in your inventory with Iron Branches.

Unless you're going to max out Shrapnel early (which is a good skill in my opinion, but nobody likes it D:) a Ring of Basilius is fine for you - just remember to keep it turned off in the laning phase. Getting Shadow Blade after Power Treads is very good in pubs and going full damage after it is fine, unless the enemies have vision. Just don't get both the Helm of the Dominator and the Desolator (they don't work together as they're both orbs) and you'll be fine.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by 27degrees » December 28, 2013 2:30pm | Report
1st. Dont be hurry to pick sniper early or the enemy would be counter you with hunter hero,
exp: spirit breaker ..so just wait and let the enemy finish drafting their heroes
2nd. Building sniper? I think it depends on the oponents faced,and your own teammates heroes. And also combat situation that take place. You can learn it from someone guide,or sure your own experience.
3rd. During team fight just fire the enemies that are within nearest range. And dont get hit by the enemy.
Good luck edward :)

27degrees

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by EpicScar » January 14, 2014 7:20am | Report
Thanks for all the guides guys. Btw whats laning phase?

EpicScar

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » January 14, 2014 8:00am | Report
A phase of game where everyone sits on their lanes and try to get as much farm and exp as possible.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved