Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Spectre lane choices

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Spectre lane choices 24 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » May 21, 2015 4:25pm | Report
So this happened:
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1490726670
I was spectre and a sniper comes top to declare that it was his lane...
Meanwhile bat jungled and i and sniper died a couple of times. Sniper dying first ditching the lane and giving me *solo farm*. Natrally i died
Result was meepo and abaddon got fed.

Bottom line was i was flamed by whole team, deathprophet mid being underlevelled than me for whole game(i dont know how he was so underfarmed).

Their ASSUMPTION:
SPECTRE CAN SOLO LANE. SHES GOOD SOLO LANER and OFFDLANE SPECTRES ARE GOOD.

So i want two things from you all:
1. FLAME THE BLOODY BASTARDS FOR SUGGESTING THIS KIND OF **** WHEN I WAS SO POLITE TO THEM UNTIL THE MATCH WAS LOST.
2. Kindly tell me options for laning spectre ad how to go at it. builds for offlane and such- mostly pubby things that a 2k scrub can pull off.

INPUTS ARE MOST WELCOME!~~~~~

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 21, 2015 4:40pm | Report
There's only one laning choice for Spectre - safe lane carry in a defensive trilane. Anything else is asking for trouble against half-way decent opposition. Maybe you could 2v1 safe lane if you had a support who's effective against their offlaner.

Blame whoever made the later picks on your team, there's not really any good way of trying to lane that. So much Sange and Yasha, burnses.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » May 21, 2015 6:09pm | Report
Spectre has the least flexible laning in the game, she needs people to help her control the lane while she grabs last hits, especially since she lacks flashfarming. I mean, if you really want to solo offlane with her, you can get Soul Ring and scrape last hits with Dagger while trying to make Crimson/Pipe and then SnY...

or you could just pay 100 gold to repick into someone who could control the opposition, like a Tidehunter.

Your allies were in the wrong, but keep Repicking as an option. It can salvage disastrous picks.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » May 21, 2015 6:11pm | Report
Sando wrote:

There's only one laning choice for Spectre - safe lane carry in a defensive trilane. Anything else is asking for trouble against half-way decent opposition. Maybe you could 2v1 safe lane if you had a support who's effective against their offlaner.

Blame whoever made the later picks on your team, there's not really any good way of trying to lane that. So much Sange and Yasha, burnses.

Dotabuff begs to differ...

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » May 21, 2015 6:44pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:

Dotabuff is pretty ******ed.
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » May 21, 2015 7:38pm | Report
CapnDaft wrote:

Dotabuff is pretty ******ed.

WOOWOOWOWWOWWOWO....

No need to call anyone ******ed here, we are all friends!

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » May 21, 2015 7:43pm | Report
He's not insulting you Jan (Are you Daft?)

He's insulting your argument.

Also, the probable reason for higher winrates in offlane is that in lower brackets, more people know how to send their best laners in the offlane, which means that safe lane can be less favorable at times. Also less players do it, so the "plebeian infection" is not present, like how on many heroes, Power Treads have the lowest winrate, but that doesn't imply they're bad boots on that hero does it?

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 21, 2015 8:30pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:

Dotabuff records every game from every skill level, I'm sure you could "prove" all sorts of daft things with it if you tried.

E.g. Gem of True Sight has an 85% win rate this week. Buy Gem, win game! Easy! Um, or it could be because the winning team is more likely to pick one up? Animal Courier has an 18% win rate - don't buy one, they suck! See, lies, damned lies, and statistics :)

I still wouldn't try offlane Spectre in any kind of vaguely high level/competitive game!
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 21, 2015 8:51pm | Report
IIRC, Divine Rapier on Crystal Maiden has ~80% winrate. YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID :)

By the way, what's a defensive trilane? I don't know what that is. Seriously...we're talking about 2K MMR solo queue pub Spectre here not 5-stack high skill Spectre.

And safe lane is not the only option. Don't forget dual lane mid. Actually if I had to play Spec in a stack I'd go dual lane mid with a good teamfight support like Warlock or Witch Doctor, this way you can get good XP (Spec needs XP more than she needs farm actually), and a good teamfight combo later on.

For the game you played...honestly...just one word... Meepo. As if Meepo wasn't broken enough as a hero, he's one of the worst matchups for Spectre in the game. Life sucks no matter what you do here.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » May 21, 2015 8:52pm | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

He's not insulting you Jan (Are you Daft?)

He's insulting your argument.

Also, the probable reason for higher winrates in offlane is that in lower brackets, more people know how to send their best laners in the offlane, which means that safe lane can be less favorable at times. Also less players do it, so the "plebeian infection" is not present, like how on many heroes, Power Treads have the lowest winrate, but that doesn't imply they're bad boots on that hero does it?

I am aware he isn't insulting me - whow you guys need a funny guy like me around! :^)

Also aware of the reasoning why it has so "high winrate". I am the person on mobafire who almost always denounces statistics and uses his head when it comes to this stuff.

also only people who have had skype cyber with me (hades, mods on all mobasites, levask) can call me Jan :/ So you better get gabbing or get going :^)

Sando wrote:

Dotabuff records every game from every skill level, I'm sure you could "prove" all sorts of daft things with it if you tried.

E.g. Gem of True Sight has an 85% win rate this week. Buy Gem, win game! Easy! Um, or it could be because the winning team is more likely to pick one up? Animal Courier has an 18% win rate - don't buy one, they suck! See, lies, damned lies, and statistics :)

I still wouldn't try offlane Spectre in any kind of vaguely high level/competitive game!

Basically the last paragraph (not the small one though!) I wrote :^)

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved