Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Spectre lane choices

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Spectre lane choices 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 21, 2015 9:28pm | Report
Oh gawd, i remember when 6.81 came out.... The patch was so ******ed at the start with comeback mechanics that werent thought through at all. So at that point teams just picked spectre so THEY COULD GET BEHIND AND USE THE BROKEN EZ COMEBACK WITH HAUNT.

****ing pro games with solo mid spectre vs solo mid faceless void. If i ever see ferrari430 forced to play void mid ill have to punch a *****....

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » May 22, 2015 12:08am | Report
i played a solo safe spectre against a solo off centuar once in a high skill game.

Wasnt easy but it wasnt hard either. i went blademail into diffusal into heart. basically was there for the finishing since ... well ... Queen of pain and anti mage.

our zues would get peeps low and id just haunt in and play with some *** get kills then tp back to lane. ended up on like 20 something kills and zues had like 30 something assists :)

but yea

never offlane spectre .... ever

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » May 22, 2015 12:42am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

IIRC, Divine Rapier on Crystal Maiden has ~80% winrate. YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID :)

By the way, what's a defensive trilane? I don't know what that is. Seriously...we're talking about 2K MMR solo queue pub Spectre here not 5-stack high skill Spectre.

And safe lane is not the only option. Don't forget dual lane mid. Actually if I had to play Spec in a stack I'd go dual lane mid with a good teamfight support like Warlock or Witch Doctor, this way you can get good XP (Spec needs XP more than she needs farm actually), and a good teamfight combo later on.

For the game you played...honestly...just one word... Meepo. As if Meepo wasn't broken enough as a hero, he's one of the worst matchups for Spectre in the game. Life sucks no matter what you do here.

If spectre needs moar XP than farm, so why not Midas ???

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 22, 2015 6:29am | Report
Midas Spectre is legit, but it has kind of the same problem as Radiance...it's a timing item, and you risk missing the timing.

If your lane sucks and you're essentially soloing against a dual lane with garbage supports (or no supports at all), it's a bad idea.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » May 22, 2015 7:15pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

i played a solo safe spectre against a solo off centuar once in a high skill game.

Wasnt easy but it wasnt hard either. i went blademail into diffusal into heart. basically was there for the finishing since ... well ... Queen of pain and anti mage.

our zues would get peeps low and id just haunt in and play with some *** get kills then tp back to lane. ended up on like 20 something kills and zues had like 30 something assists :)

but yea

never offlane spectre .... ever

Centaur Warrunner is a bad hero lane wise. He just has the power to get squishy heroes. I can't see him really killing a spectre who has the thing so he can escape, unless you get outplayed or you just shw yourself in a bad position. If it was like a Clockwerk, a Tidehunter, a Bristleback, etc. It would be a much different thing, trust me.
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » May 22, 2015 8:10pm | Report
CapnDaft wrote:

Centaur Warrunner is a bad hero lane wise. He just has the power to get squishy heroes. I can't see him really killing a spectre who has the thing so he can escape, unless you get outplayed or you just shw yourself in a bad position. If it was like a Clockwerk, a Tidehunter, a Bristleback, etc. It would be a much different thing, trust me.

Even if Centaur can't kill you (Technically he can, it's just unlikely), he has no reason to fear you in a 1v1, and can just get free farm from the lane, get like a really early Blink Dagger (Also I think once he gets tranquils he can force you out, because he just trades you on HP, and wins because he has more and better regen). And once he has that Blink Dagger, he sets the rest of the game to making sure you die again and again and again and again, and give you no room.

But yeah, Spectre having no laning presence at all means she should not 1v1 a hero for an extended period of time in the laning stage. Because the other hero just gets free farm, and that's actually terrifying on a lot offlaners. Even farm independant ones love it. Even this new trend of giving level dependant supports the offlane to give them a bit more early exp and farm priority would love it.

Defensive tri-lanes that do the traditional stack, pull, and rotate once the lane is in a good place is the best set-up, unless you are just picking Spectre to be super greedy, and get relevence on her grabbing kills with Haunt. But that's soooo greedy.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » May 24, 2015 7:49am | Report
THANKS GUYS!!
KEEP EM COMING!!
I am getting new ideas for spectre like trying out an SnY build(never did it). Or getting a blademail as first item.

Also, guys, dont you think spectre is a bit downplayed?
I mean to say that maybe with a point in Dispersion you have good anti harass mechanism, pair that with a stout sheild and maybe you can duo lane, with maybe a Lich on your side?

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » May 24, 2015 8:46am | Report

THANKS GUYS!!
KEEP EM COMING!!
I am getting new ideas for spectre like trying out an SnY build(never did it). Or getting a blademail as first item.

Also, guys, dont you think spectre is a bit downplayed?
I mean to say that maybe with a point in Dispersion you have good anti harass mechanism, pair that with a stout sheild and maybe you can duo lane, with maybe a Lich on your side?

Nope. 10% damage reduction and you still have low HP and armour at that point.

Should try out the ultra-value build too :)
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Devampi » May 24, 2015 9:42am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

also only people who have had skype cyber with me (hades, mods on all mobasites, levask) can call me Jan :/ So you better get gabbing or get going :^)

the others need to call you adminitsu, don't they? so you got levasK multiple time that you mentioned him kinda twice (maybe even thrice depending on how many mod position she has)

Sanvitch wrote:

Even if Centaur can't kill you (Technically he can, it's just unlikely), he has no reason to fear you in a 1v1, and can just get free farm from the lane, get like a really early Blink Dagger (Also I think once he gets tranquils he can force you out, because he just trades you on HP, and wins because he has more and better regen). And once he has that Blink Dagger, he sets the rest of the game to making sure you die again and again and again and again, and give you no room.

Also the lvl 1 return is IMO a bit more scarier then an dispersion. I don't know how the Desolate works but if creeps count as not being alone then you can get spectre the moment you have tranquil
In love with the random button

Devampi

Notable (1)
Steam: Devampi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » May 24, 2015 10:12am | Report
Devampi wrote:

the others need to call you adminitsu, don't they? so you got levasK multiple time that you mentioned him kinda twice (maybe even thrice depending on how many mod position she has)

Also the lvl 1 return is IMO a bit more scarier then an dispersion. I don't know how the Desolate works but if creeps count as not being alone then you can get spectre the moment you have tranquil

it's he, levask is he

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved