Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Easiest Hero

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Easiest Hero 102 posts - page 7 of 11
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wilddeonpwn » October 2, 2012 12:29am | Report
Sniper is fairly easy, just right click then ultimate.

Another easy one is Huskar, he was mah first hero. Sweet times, they were...

wilddeonpwn

Established (102)
Steam: wilddeonpwn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 2, 2012 8:59am | Report
Venomancer.Easy to learn the game with.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaslam » October 2, 2012 9:16am | Report
I started dota with Veno - completely agree - easiest hero.. :)

jaslam

Remarkable (21)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Captain Planet » October 12, 2012 6:26am | Report
Don't want to sound brash, but I was thinking just because a hero has a skill that is easy to use, how does this define the hero as being easy to play? Is everyone still on this point and click gag?

In my opinion every hero DOES require certain attention to be EFFECTIVE with. For example everyone seems to say SK is easy, but his mana pool is terrible and if you just point and click his damn stun all the time odds are you wont have mana for his ult.

Now I would say that given the right items, certain heroes can become easier to play... But guys, this is coming from all of us who have played the game for awhile.

Take Urza, A hero that basically can handle early to mid game with just one item. Most of us would say he is easy to play. Oh how hard can it be to press R and W and then auto attack. Easier said then done right? How about he gets stunned? slowed? kited?. Is the next response He needs a blink dagger=Easy to play?

I'm just saying, every hero, to some degree, is both easy to use skills, but hard to play. In my opinion it doesn't come down to what is easier to play, it comes down to competence with not only your hero, but the game and the items as well.

My advice is, If you are a new player, play a hero that both is cool to you and that you find fun to use. After that you need to learn the game mechanics, basically knowing the meta of dota will GREATLY enhance your playing....

Lmao, with all this I just said I will contradict myself by saying that I think a champion with a great form of escape is more easy to play for beginners.

Captain Planet

Notable (4)
Steam: Captain Planet
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 12, 2012 7:25am | Report

Don't want to sound brash, but I was thinking just because a hero has a skill that is easy to use, how does this define the hero as being easy to play? Is everyone still on this point and click gag?

In my opinion every hero DOES require certain attention to be EFFECTIVE with. For example everyone seems to say SK is easy, but his mana pool is terrible and if you just point and click his damn stun all the time odds are you wont have mana for his ult.

Now I would say that given the right items, certain heroes can become easier to play... But guys, this is coming from all of us who have played the game for awhile.

Take Urza, A hero that basically can handle early to mid game with just one item. Most of us would say he is easy to play. Oh how hard can it be to press R and W and then auto attack. Easier said then done right? How about he gets stunned? slowed? kited?. Is the next response He needs a blink dagger=Easy to play?

I'm just saying, every hero, to some degree, is both easy to use skills, but hard to play. In my opinion it doesn't come down to what is easier to play, it comes down to competence with not only your hero, but the game and the items as well.

My advice is, If you are a new player, play a hero that both is cool to you and that you find fun to use. After that you need to learn the game mechanics, basically knowing the meta of dota will GREATLY enhance your playing....

Lmao, with all this I just said I will contradict myself by saying that I think a champion with a great form of escape is more easy to play for beginners.

Please,you as a newbie player,try to learn the game by playing Shadow Fiend.I will stick to mah sweet Venomancer and get first blood at lvl 1.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Captain Planet » October 12, 2012 9:32am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Please,you as a newbie player,try to learn the game by playing Shadow Fiend.I will stick to mah sweet Venomancer and get first blood at lvl 1.

I see your point with that... It is true some heroes are a tad harder to use (but I personally find shadow fiend easy since he can farm really good)

My point was learning the meta game before immersing yourself into trying to just join a game and have a go, can make playing any hero feasible to play as a new player.

Today there is so much knowledge out there about the dota metagame that spending an hour to learn it isn't very difficult.

Besides, I was only stating that it doesn't matter on the general relativity of the heroes skills being used that defines them as easy. I believe it to be more situational and thus can never truly be a breeze, Basically saying that if you know you, your team, and your opponents. Playing any hero becomes easy.

Captain Planet

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » October 12, 2012 10:38am | Report
The easiest hero in Dota 2 is ........................................... Skeleton King. He has 1 spell and the rest are just auto attacks.

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Captain Planet » October 12, 2012 10:51am | Report
I disagree with easy skeleton king, Perhaps he only has 1 skill, but if you don't know how to build this hero he becomes very weak. He is very item dependent in my opinion, which makes him harder to play.

Heroes who should be easy to play are ones that don't require much items to make them useful for the full duration of the game.

where as heroes like Necrolyte I would find much easier to use effectively then Skeleton King.

ALthough if it was a matter of Control, and Macros; then yes skeleton king reigns supreme in least amount of effort.

Captain Planet

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » October 12, 2012 3:14pm | Report
"""Although if it was a matter of Control, and Macros; then yes skeleton king reigns supreme in least amount of effort. """"

That is what I thought we were talking about.

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Captain Planet » October 16, 2012 6:06am | Report
Sefi wrote:

Some of the heros that people recommend for starting players I am completely useless at. I cannot play Axe to save my life, I cannot play Witch Doctor, I am so-so with Tidehunter and meh with Sven. But I can play a complex hero like Invoker and tricky supports like Vengeful Spirit.
To me, the easiest heros are the ones who basically consist of passives and right-clicking the enemy to death. My biggest examples of this are Drow Ranger and Viper. The only way you can be bad at those heros is if you don't know how to turn your auto-cast on. My first days of DoTA I had no idea how to even play and I was getting 15+ kills. Woe was me when I tried heroes that actually require skill.
Skeleton King is a pretty good example, but I had big issues with him until I figured out which skill build to use.
Riki is ultimate easy mode if you have a basic understanding of the game. Know when you should attack your opponent, know where to land your smoke bomb, and know who your easy targets are, ie go for the squishy defenseless mage, not the tank.

Ultimately my biggest example of pubstomp easy mode a-monkey-pooping-on-the-keyboard-can-play-this-guy hero is Ursa. And how. Solo Rosh by level 3, (lvl 1 if you got an SK buddy) two shot everything in the game by level 6 (three shot if they're kind of bulky) and effortless jungle from the start of the game. Granted you need a basic understanding of how to play, but I can't stand people who play Ursa for easy-mode-feel-good-about-myself win, or the people who complain how easy he is to counter when he's their most successful hero and they get 20+ kills with him every game.

That is because Like I have been screamin, it isn't about 1 button push abilities, or easy target abilities. It is about knowing the meta game. And urza is easy to counter, to many people stick to suggested items and core items that they refuse to play situationaly. something as simple as a cyclone staff can save your butt from him. A blademail if you are already a tank, and the obvious... Heavens halberd if you are a carry.... Int caster hero? try a ghost scepter on yourself in a team fight. get a shadow blade to run away.

Captain Planet

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved