Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Viper in Competitive Dota?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Viper in Competitive Dota? 27 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 2, 2013 11:06am | Report
Quoted:
I'm starting an intervention campaign

Intervention you say?(Sorry, had to be done)

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » October 2, 2013 3:06pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Intervention you say?(Sorry, had to be done)

looool good stuff!

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » November 1, 2013 8:42am | Report
Atlas wrote:

Razor is picked up quite a bit, 'specially as an OD counter nowadays.

Razor can really do a very high amount of damage with his ult and link, which also takes away an enemies damage. On top of that, he's mobile!

Bloodseeker's problem isn't that they can TP away really easily, it's that he doesn't do a high amount of damage in a short time frame. He relies on his ulti for like 50-75% of damage in ganks, if they don't run... well he then relies on allies to do damage, which isn't bad since Rupture will force them to stay in one spot, but you can see where it would be better if he had a nuke to couple with his ult.

Viper, though, can gank pretty effectively (and his ult even goes through BKB so he can really kite carries like Lifestealer and Alchemist around), has lane control, and does very high amounts of damage towards mid-game. I don't see why he realistically isn't picked more often, besides the fact that he just isn't that mobile. He relies on slowing the enemy, instead of being fast, which may have something to do with it. If enemies can react to ganks fast enough, you may not even be able to cast your ult or orb on them before they are gone.

Just my two cents.

Maybe Bloodseeker should get a Dagon for his nuke.

-edit-

Funny, I wrote this before reading Pu12e's post. But honestly Bloodseeker is one of the heroes Dagon makes a lot of sense on. He can use it to either force the neemy to retreat and die from Rupture, or to have a nice massive magical damage burst.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » November 1, 2013 4:44pm | Report
Tyerker wrote:

Maybe Bloodseeker should get a Dagon for his nuke.

-edit-

Funny, I wrote this before reading Pu12e's post. But honestly Bloodseeker is one of the heroes Dagon makes a lot of sense on. He can use it to either force the neemy to retreat and die from Rupture, or to have a nice massive magical damage burst.

Thank you Tyerker. + 1 Rep.

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » November 2, 2013 10:17am | Report
Viper is being picked up a lot in pro games since the patch and he only received a small buff. Usually run as mid but sometimes even safe lane carry. Usually in a line up that looks to dominate the early/mid game.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RmM_oo » November 23, 2013 5:35am | Report
Just avoid Razor and Doom and you should be fine. Also, seems to me that Viper don't have mutch flexibility in items. Shadow Blade if you are having a hard time positioning/escaping; Malevolence for the good amplify damage/AS/Silence and Monkey king bar to rape anyone who tries to kill you.

Personaly I skip the ShadowBlade and go Blademail + Vanguard, since he isn't that tipe of glass cannon, and I am horrible.

Hope this help. Sorry for my bad english.

RmM_oo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » November 23, 2013 7:23am | Report
Ouch, the necroposts.

Also, you don't necessarily have to go for damage like SB and Orchid: in fact, the best item builds for Viper are the ones that start with survivability like a core Mekansm, Drum of Endurance, Hood of Defiance, Sange, or even Vanguard to an extent: the more Viper stays alive, the more damage he dishes out.
Sorry, I shouldn't have talked about an old post, but it was stronger than me. D:

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved